Some opinions about "Lockdown"

+
Just bring back old Lockdown :cool:
That should honestly never happen.
Post automatically merged:

Edit:
Not really, as you only get additional value IF second condition is met. They would just be locking without the second condition and can choose to either lock second round or not and save it for third round IF it goes badly for them. This ability rework of lockdown looks to be better imho.
My bad, I overlooked that part.
Regardless the ability to disable the opponent's leader for 2 whole rounds is too close to the original one and is strong enough to disincentivize decks built around leaders, which is one of the main issues with the original version.

Last edited:
Giving lockdown a prov buff and increasing the number of agents spawned from 2 to 3 could make the leader viable, but ONLY if the agents spawned will buff Usurper Emperor.

Agent decks could be viable if there was more synergy between agent cards.

That said, this is a boring option and virtually no one will ever use this ability on round 1, which makes winning round 1 an all or nothing for lockdown decks. Very difficult for lockdown to be properly balanced and made fun.

Someone said Lockdown should just get a total rework, and I think I agree with that. The current ability just isn't great and tweaking it won't make it so either.

It could even be renamed, and then given a new ability that doesn't have anything to do with locks since Imprisonment exists.

Someone said Lockdown should just get a total rework, and I think I agree with that. The current ability just isn't great and tweaking it won't make it so either.

It could even be renamed, and then given a new ability that doesn't have anything to do with locks since Imprisonment exists.
Might be referring to me? Anywho, the biggest problem I see with lockdown the way it is now is it is either crap, or overpowered depending on how long you can lock the opponent's leader ability.

My first thought was to completely change it to something like SY Pirate's Cove:

Masquerade: Spawn a Seditious Aristocrat: Charges: 2

But I'm also now thinking of something like:

Agency: Give spying to an enemy unit: Cooldown: 2

Might be referring to me? Anywho, the biggest problem I see with lockdown the way it is now is it is either crap, or overpowered depending on how long you can lock the opponent's leader ability.

My first thought was to completely change it to something like SY Pirate's Cove:

Masquerade: Spawn a Seditious Aristocrat: Charges: 2

But I'm also now thinking of something like:

Agency: Give spying to an enemy unit: Cooldown: 2
Honestly it could also be:
Give Spying to an enemy unit.
Charges: 2/3
When you use up the last charge afterwards Spawn a Thirsty Dame/Sedicious Aristocrat

Not sure if Its a great idea having a Leader handing out Spying since it allows you to play Coupe de Grace and Terranova completely set up free, feels kind of like giving a Leader a uncounterable Poison or Bounty charge.

While I don't really have a bright idea myself, NG usually struggles against Veiled Units, so maybe they could add a Leader with 2/3 purifying charges and spawn something like the old Usurper Card ( 5 strength 2 Armor whenever a enemy Unit receives a status damage it by 1) after all charges are used.

Not sure if Its a great idea having a Leader handing out Spying since it allows you to play Coupe de Grace and Terranova completely set up free, feels kind of like giving a Leader a uncounterable Poison or Bounty charge.

While I don't really have a bright idea myself, NG usually struggles against Veiled Units, so maybe they could add a Leader with 2/3 purifying charges and spawn something like the old Usurper Card ( 5 strength 2 Armor whenever a enemy Unit receives a status damage it by 1) after all charges are used.
Yeah, that would pose a huge problem. Then I would still hold to the other idea of the 2 charge spawn a seditious aristocrat. Your idea with veil is good too.

i made basically the same suggestion about lockdown on reddit that they ended up implementing. i support it. the only time i've ever found i needed it was in certain seasonal modes where my strategy is to push to round three and need to avoid my opponent countering my strategy with a leader ability. i feel like it could be tweaked, but overall it's fine. If that means no one really plays with it anymore, than that's good too. It was so unpopular before

In conclusion, if Lockdown deck players don't win the first round without using their hero ability , then it's highly possible that they will lose this match.
And that's flawed aswell, cause your opponent will be first in round 3, so if they don't have a leader that requires enemy interactions, like Precision Strike, they could use their ability on turn 1.

Not really, as you only get additional value IF second condition is met.

It's still terribly broken, in your case you would be incentivizes to AVOID locking down your opponent's ability in order to get the 2 seditious aristocrats, which again, it would make it the most powerful ability in the game.

Top Bottom