Some questions from an old Cyberpunk player, giving a game a second chance

+
Hello everyone

I might be new to this forum, but I'm not new to the game.
I have had Cyberpunk 2077 since day 1 and I will admit, I was part of the hype prior to December 2020, pre-ordered it an all, just to be utterly disappointed atthe state the game was released in. However, I rarely hold grudges and decided against refunding the game, because Iexperienced the similar thing with The Witcher 3. If you played that game in May 2015, you'd know it was ridden with bugs and it was poorly optimized, just to become a masterpiece everyone praise today.

I wouldn't go that far to call Cyberpunk a masterpiece, although the game is in much better place now, there are still some "issues" I talked about here which are not technical in nature and no amount of patches will ever be able to "fix" them, however, there are many improvements I'd applaud CDPR for today. Some of them however introduced completely new set of "problems" for me. I'll try to be concise and outline them in ordered fashion so it's easier to follow, and if you wish, reply.

1. Is the RNG for mod slots on legendary gear removed from the game?
This is one of the most annoying issues I had with the game back in early 2021 and you can see my frustration here.
Nowadays however, I've noticed that inner and outer torsos, as well as pants always spawn with 2 mod slots and all other pieces with 1.
Upon further investigation, I discovered this is now the maximum number of mod slots, and not all mods can be put into any piece of gear which is one of those little things I'd applaud CDPR for. You might disagree, that's okay, but for me this makes the game more challenging and more balanced. 20 mods slots in early game versions was an overkill.
I guess my question here is, do the Legendary items always spawn with maximum number of slots for their respective outfit pieces, or will it be possible to find torso and pants with just one mod slot?

2. Is it true or false that wardrobe transmog made rarity system completely arbitrary?
Here is my reasoning. I can pick up the legendary item at level 5 for example, lets say shoes that have one mod slot. Then later in the game when I reach level 10 instead of upgrading my now obsolete lvl5 legendary shoes, I can simply replace them with lvl10 shoes of any rarity with one mod slot, but keep my lvl5 legendries "for looks" and i would achieve the very same effect with the difference that I didn't spend a single upgrade component :( This is silly. Legendary item has no obvious advantage over slightly higher level item of other, arbitrary rarity :(
Basically the only good time for picking the legendary item now is level 50, or am I missing something obvious here?

3. What happened to crafting specs at clothing vendors?
I was used to be able to purchase crafting specs from almost all clothing vendors in the world. Now they are only selling clothing and no crafting specs. Gun shops still sell crafting specs for various weapons, but clothing crafting specs are not available at clothing vendors anymore, nor any vendor for that matter. What gives?

4. Driving cars is still making me go nuts :(
There are so many awesome looking vehicles in this game, but I always end up driving motorbikes because all vehicles feel like I'm driving an ice cube.
90 degree turns are particularly awful with ANY vehicle, but motorbikes suffer less because of their shorter length compared to the cars. They still feel like a brick too, because they turn with the center of the mass, not front wheel. I feel like the turning wheels are always in the smack center of the vehicle, hence that feeling of driving a brick or ice cube.
I play with a controller on PS5 though, so no mods for me. Is there any settings you tried that feel less like driving afore mentioned brick?

That is all for now, I do kind of enjoy the game now, and if you have answers to any of these questions, please do let me know.

I guess my question here is, do the Legendary items always spawn with maximum number of slots for their respective outfit pieces, or will it be possible to find torso and pants with just one mod slot?
All clothes spawn with their maximum mod slot (even a common one will have one slot).
The only exception, it's when an "ability" is randomly (or always) added instead of a mod slot (it replace a mod slot). For example, netrunner suit always spawn with a QH bonus which replace a mod slot (so common/uncommon/rare suit will have a QH bonus but no mod slot and Epic/legendary will have a QH bonus and one slot).
2. Is it true or false that wardrobe transmog made rarity system completely arbitrary?
For the look, yes.
For the stats & bonuses, no (it's like before). Wardrobe simply allow you to look cool while wearing "real" clothes which normally make you look like a clown.
One example, legendary items have better bonuses but also can be equiped by best mods (legendary mods can only be installed on legendary clothes, epic mods only on legendary and epic clothes).
So even at lower version/level, legendary clothes remain "better" (the best, it's to upgrade them).
3. What happened to crafting specs at clothing vendors?
Clothes vendors don't sell crafting specs anymore. You have to find the crafting specs in the world, during quests, GIGs or NCPD Scanner hustles.
I play with a controller on PS5 though, so no mods for me. Is there any settings you tried that feel less like driving afore mentioned brick?
Personnaly no, bike still the best (I'm on, Series X).
But some cars are very cool too when you know how to handle them (like Turbo V-tec or Johnny's prosches).

Thanks for the reply @LeKill3rFou

I kind of expected there is a hidden caveat with legendary gear.
Naturally, I would think that lv50 legendary item would have better base stats than any other lv50 item of the same kind but the mod slotting thing (legendary to legendary only) makes perfect sense and it is actually the first valid distinction of a legendary item that I'm now aware of.

This game has changed so much compared to when I first played it. Mostly for the better.
It's a shame crafting specs were removed from the clothes vendors, especially now with the transmog wardrobe system, it would actually make sense to chase them at vendors as well, not only in the open world.

This game has changed so much compared to when I first played it. Mostly for the better.
It's a shame crafting specs were removed from the clothes vendors, especially now with the transmog wardrobe system, it would actually make sense to chase them at vendors as well, not only in the open world.
Yeah, I don't know why they removed them. But in quests and GIGs, craftings specs are quite "common" (and when found, you have them for the rest of the game).
Personnaly, I don't see that as a real problem. It offer another interest to doing GIGs, other than "simply" make money and XP.

Yeah, I don't know why they removed them. But in quests and GIGs, craftings specs are quite "common" (and when found, you have them for the rest of the game).
Personnaly, I don't see that as a real problem. It offer another interest to doing GIGs, other than "simply" make money and XP.
may be i'm wrong , with their successive balance patch/fix , it make more sense now for crafting spec.
before , leveling was all about grinding , now its more focus on a diegetic aspect ; to resume more the player know the world of cyberpunk 2077 , more he'll get the chance to level up or getting more loots , crafting spec .
this way can ensure , a more accurate balance on each zone/area , and rewards explorations or side quest/Gigs...

Top Bottom