Some questions regarding witchers

+
Is it accurate from the TV series that most witchers are... unable to perform sex, is it just another lie from the TV? I know that witchers are sterile, but are they still... able?

So all witchers can do it? Interesting.Btw, I don't get this joke: http://www.sapkowski.pl/modules.php?op=modload&name=My_eGallery&file=index&do=showpic&pid=13&orderby=dateDTest of comb? I do get the pun, but what is the test of comb?EDIT: Another thing: In one of the development diaries, it is mentioned that witchers don't age or don't have any negative effects of ageing. Is this true?

ausir

Forum veteran
The "comb" is a combat training machine used by witchers at Kaer Morhen.And witchers do age, but much more slowly than normal humans. Geralt himself is around 100 years old.

How slowly? Can they live a thousand years, or start to get senile at 500?Also, can someone translate this joke for me?

Also, here is the joke: http://www.sapkowski.pl/modules.php?op=modload&name=My_eGallery&file=index&do=showpic&pid=8BTW, thanks for answering this questionare.One more thing: how accurate is the game compared to the books, especially in little details like how Geralt wore his swords? I know that its canon that he wore them on his back, but did he wore the two at the same time?

Zixinus said:
Also, here is the joke: http://www.sapkowski.pl/modules.php?op=modload&name=My_eGallery&file=index&do=showpic&pid=8BTW, thanks for answering this questionare.One more thing: how accurate is the game compared to the books, especially in little details like how Geralt wore his swords? I know that its canon that he wore them on his back, but did he wore the two at the same time?
Geralt says:- Wolf? In principle the witcher's code doesn't allow, but I will an exception for you...In books Geralt wore his silver sword in saddle pack. Game developers put it into Geralt's back for the practical reasons

Why did Geralt put it into his horse saddle back? And does that mean that he wore his steel sword on his back normally?

Zixinus said:
Why did Geralt put it into his horse saddle back? And does that mean that he wore his steel sword on his back normally?
He didn't wear it on his back, because of practical reasons, he used it rarely (some monster aren't sensible on silver). This sword was rare and expensive and I suppose that Geralt try to protect it.

He didn't wear it on his back, because of practical reasons, he used it rarely (some monster aren't sensible on silver). This sword was rare and expensive and I suppose that Geralt try to protect it.
The steel sword or the silver? I'm sorry, but your post is just confusing.

I know in one of the books, it mentioned that he didnt bother taking any swords with him (when he went to meet the 'devil')so he probably just only takes them if he's definately goin to need them...i think..

If I may clear some things up - Geralt (and probably every witcher) was wearing only the steel sword on his back (grip above the right shoulder :)). As somebody said, the silver sword was a very expensive, rare and delicate weapon (silver is a soft metal, so he never used it with humans and non-magical monsters, as it would quickly get chiped out). Besides - if he would show it to everyone he met, he'd quickly run into trouble (Oh my gods! It's made out of silver! Let's get it!)
And does that mean that he wore his steel sword on his back normally?
Yes, it does. If there was any chance of getting into trouble (outside, in the city, in an inn etc) of course. Not in the bath or when having sex ;) Just use common sense - Sapkowski writes a very "realistic" fantasy, so think about it - if you would wear a sword, Geralt would probably too.

the silver sword was a very expensive, rare and delicate weapon -Regards to the above, if you recall when Geralt wanted to know more about Corens' sliver sword, he asks Zoltan. Zoltan replies that its a sliver coated or plated blade. Correct me if i am wrong. this incident takes place in chapter 2, after talking to Shani.

Yes, you're probably right - it makes more sense to make only the outer parts of the sword from silver. It's cheaper and less metal (silver) consuming. I don't recall Geralt explaining this precisely in the books, but as other swords were made in that maner (for example - the Sihil, which had a soft core and a very hard outer layer), it's very likely. Still, it would get him into trouble ;)

Top Bottom