Some requests for future titles or patch in the Witcher series? *contains spoilers!!*

+
Some requests for future titles or patch in the Witcher series? *contains spoilers!!*

First off, I adore the game. Best RPG I played hands down. A few often asked requests but I never seen them summarized well in the offical forums:

Main characters should always stay in the world accessable to talk too, especially after the endings. What is the point in doing all the quests to aid characters if you can't see them alive and well, maybe even happy afterwards?

Endings should stay true to the choices you want to make, bad ending, mediocre ending good ending depending on choices and effort. While I like the possible endings and the interconnection is astonishing to me to this day I really want to be able to see the effort bear fruit.

Roaming characters could randomly appear in villages and cities chatting with you for a bit if you talk to them, maybe make all gwent players.
some characters should be found in their respective domains after the storylines endend. e.x. why can't I visit shani somewhere after finishing the expansion? Why can't I visit Prescilla and help her pass the time while she gets better with a round of gwent or so? Why can't I bump into zoltan or thaler on some dirt road or inn while they go after their business? Occasinally meeting Ciri if she became a witcher? visit the witchers in kaer mohen or meet them on the road with some random monster encounters? stuff like that really would have helped with the immersion after finishing the game if you wanted to do remaining sidequests like I did.

The blood and wine ending e.x. is pretty perfect in many regards, the choice to create toussaint was a stroke if pure genius from a writers perspective, but I played 3 games and hundreds of hours, and rational or not made a emotional connection to the characters. So I really don't understand e.x. why Ciri does not appear in all endings. You folks have daughters and sons, and you didn't think people who played 100 hours wanted to see their '"daughter in spirit" again with mom and daddy in the happy ending? comeone guys ;)

Also woman are strong we get it, so maybe not so many need to be so god damn bitchy alle the time :p

Last edited:
TyrDaishi;n8162180 said:
So I really don't understand e.x. why Ciri does not appear in all endings. You folks have daughters and sons, and you didn't think people who played 100 hours wanted to see their '"daughter in spirit" again with mom and daddy in the happy ending?

If Ciri became a:
Witcher - it is out of character for her to be stuck in Toussaint as an "end game status". I think it is best for her to build a name for herself, and be the kind of witcher she is destined to be.
Empress - Shouldn't she be in Vizima or wherever the empire state of Nilfgaard and tending to her people and country?
Vanished into the white frost - If she suddenly appeared in Corvo Bianco, Geralt and company would probably crap on their pants. lol

With all things above considered, some may not even want Ciri at the end game. But some would also ignore the things I mentioned above, and make her appear in the B&W ending.
A lot of things in this game sometimes doesn't make sense, but that doesn't mean it's bad. Sometimes, we just have to be happy about it. :)

This is just my opinion though.

sv3672

Forum veteran
There is more than one possible explanation. Perhaps it was done this way to underline that Ciri becomes independent and goes on to her adventures alone if Geralt retires and settles down with someone. She already has her own epilogue in the base game. Or it would have been too much work to account for all the possible combinations of endings, so there is only one guest in any of them. But whatever the reason is, it does not look like there is a realistic chance that it will be changed, the development of the game has been said to be officially finished, there are no plans to change anything.

DinkzOfRivia;n8470650 said:
If Ciri became a:
Witcher - it is out of character for her to be stuck in Toussaint as an "end game status". I think it is best for her to build a name for herself, and be the kind of witcher she is destined to be.
Empress - Shouldn't she be in Vizima or wherever the empire state of Nilfgaard and tending to her people and country?
Vanished into the white frost - If she suddenly appeared in Corvo Bianco, Geralt and company would probably crap on their pants. lol

With all things above considered, some may not even want Ciri at the end game. But some would also ignore the things I mentioned above, and make her appear in the B&W ending.
A lot of things in this game sometimes doesn't make sense, but that doesn't mean it's bad. Sometimes, we just have to be happy about it. :)

This is just my opinion though.

It makes sense what you're saying but I think there are proper ways to circumvent that specific problematic. From the top of my head I can think of:

1. use a long distance call to at least speak with her and see her on video, if she doesn't have skype maybe a sorceress apparatus magnificus
2. she stays in vezima for a while for state business, visit her in the palace
3. if she becomes a witcher why shouldn't she drop by every 30 gamedays or so? There are nice cylcles in the game, they did it with quests so the triggers are in the game already.

just 3 quick and somewhat logical methods to speak to her after mainstory ended.

And as I said, it's extra work but I for one would have been willing to pay a few bucks extra and do the last sidequests after the mainstory meeting some friends from time to time. I'm not one to replay games more than onces or twice. I do understand though that this isn't highest priority. It would have made an almost perfect experience just ever so slightly more perfect ;)

Top Bottom