Some speculation about 1.2 Police change

+
So far what is known + some speculation based on footage

1 star: There's only going to be a scouting drone to assess the situation (feels a bit too fast response still but step in right direction)
2 star: Police start spawning in maximum citizen drawn distance and start to charge in to the crime scene
Footage conveniently cuts out the second grenade is about to explode, so is a signal that police will have different mechanic in 3 star?

(Remains to be seen how the change effects when inside a building but probably they don't spawn inside the walls anymore).

What clearly seems missing from the drone is this (below), where a drone would be doing an actual ASSESSMENT of the situation before turning hostile.

I really wish this blue light scan you see briefly was at least the base level fix to the police AI where there the drone appears from above and scans around before it turns hostile, maybe you could have chance to avoid being detected.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised, to have hidden somewhere an idle drone docked in a charging station in every block in the city. It's the future! We just need to find out where these docking station are at and disengage them, before going on a rampage. Drone rodeos would also be something fun to do.

Best way for the police to act in my opinion is to have them spawn IN THEIR CAR a block away, then drive to the site and embark and look for the crime.

If the aggro point would be inside a building, they would spawn at the entrance or the elevator.

Just my 10 cents.

Best way for the police to act in my opinion is to have them spawn IN THEIR CAR a block away, then drive to the site and embark and look for the crime.

That would be awesome, but with the non-existent driving AI they'd probably get stuck somewhere on the way most of the time.

"SOME SPECULATION ABOUT 1.2 POLICE CHANGE"​

The only problem I have with the police system is you accidentally hitting pedestrians with a car. That should be entirely reconsidered, redesigned and reconfigured.

It just can't be that when you accidentally grace them with shall we say, 3mph trying to enter your garage, you'll immediately get police warranted. It's even so that if you've parked your vehicle on the pedestrian path, the game more than once spawns a pedestrian IN your car. Don't even think about driving that car if you don't want to get warranted.

It just looks and feels the police is just in the game for you. They don't care someone's getting mauled on the other side of the street. They just stand there looking happy, and if you shoot the baddies from too far away, before it says that violence is allowed, they'll even come after you. The only purpose they have for me, is their vehicles which are just awesome decorations for my garage.

Didn't look like an improvement over mods, so not really expecting much out of this. I would have been impressed if CDPR did something like this:

*: Drone close spawn, not attacking. Told to holster any weapon and not to move. Local police spawning further away, not attacking. The latter will fine the player after which he/she is free to go. This is mostly to account for accidents and to make police less like homicidal executioners.
**: Police is aggressive.
***: Police will commence car/motorcycle chases.
****: Max-Tax helicopter squad tactical insertion (incl. aerial chase). These should be equivalent of cyberpsychos and/or extremely skilled. Roadblocks.

Evading police would lead to a period where the player may or may not be recognized and engaged again near police/security cameras.

Last edited:
As there s a "next gen"(maybe ps5 xbox serieSX and one X ?) update supposed to be add after 1.2 update ,maybe 1.2 will be about "curent gen" console (ps4 ,xbox one, switch). So if they could remove data corrupted when running , microfreeze when driving, auto save every 5 min ,at first could be very nice. Also aspect of the road, luminosity in dark place or after getting out of a tunnel , driving sensation more tending to gta or forza instead of far cry or ghost recon after. Then alaising and tearing coming from graphic downgrade due to the depth of field of vision. And police . Then remove all craft or lvl up for guns dmg,what for (craft to recycle shouldn t take so much time playing at least?or be only objective in game??)? And had some random mission as red dead 1 ,or gta 4 ,n some cosmetics as rewards.and change bot move ,less jerky while moving in gunfight in free aim ,could be nice and better for a game in open world ,in between all idea and suggestion
if there are still some xbox one clients or gamers to work for (and with?) ,of course

I keep seeing this mentioned, the sirens you hear is from the AVs flying above, it's either MaxTac AVs or Trauma Team AVs. I remember by chance observing the skyline and hearing one of the normal siren noise only to see an AV flying above with the flashing lights on.

The normal police cars have a different sound than the sirens in the video as far as I know.

I keep seeing this mentioned, the sirens you hear is from the AVs flying above, it's either MaxTac AVs or Trauma Team AVs. I remember by chance observing the skyline and hearing one of the normal siren noise only to see an AV flying above with the flashing lights on.

The normal police cars have a different sound than the sirens in the video as far as I know.
Ok my mistake.

Top Bottom