Some spoilers on initial story

+
Few things to sum up about T-Bug:
- Her name or name which can be associated with her did not appeared in Columbarium after the Heist.
- She was about to leave Night City.

Its not clear for whom T-Bug worked with and for.
- She worked with Wakako Okada in case of Sandra Dorsett.
- Later Wakako was quite eager to give you all the details about the Dashi parade without flinching an eye.
- Netrunner shop at Kabuki - They provided you with Ping quickhack and later confirm T-Bugs death - thats Tyger Claws turf which points to Wakako again.

- Before the first gig, Jackie offers you a tutorial program, originally made by Militech, obtained and enhanced by T-Bug.
- Flathead was made by Militech
- The corpo suit in the soundproof room was a Militech one.
- After checking the BD recorded by Evelyn, it was T-bug insisting that Flathead is needed.

Therefore Ithink that T-Bug got out of the Heist - her job was done anyway, got her eddies and left NC. Her friends simply cover her afterwards.

Stout and Gilchrist
The All Foods plant was filled with Militech gear from bottom to top. Supposedly stolen... But regardless if you side with Stout/Brick or Gilchrist/Royce Militech official lets you walk away with the bot. Does it make sense when Stout was threating you and Gilchrist so much...

To me it looks like Militech was eager to provide the means for the Heist from the beginning, however only unofficially - Flathead had to be stolen by Maelstormers and then sold. After Dex paid for the Flathead, things went sour for Brick/Stout because Royce managed a coup with support of Gilchrist. The plan almost did not worked, because the Flathead could end up sold to a different group. Stout wanted you to get the bot from the beginning, Gilchrist wanted to blame Stout for lost Militech property.

In any case, it would benefit to Militech greatly that you will use their laundered equipment against Arasaka.

Yorinobu and Evelyn
The whole purpose of 'The Heist' was to kill Saburo Arasaka, lured to NC by his son and the Relic chip.

Yorinobu decided to prevent his father to become immortal, and Evelyn offered help to get contact with Netwatch. It did not mattered to Yorinobu if the chip will be lost or destroyed. But an attempt to steal it would be a good cover for his intention - and engram of Johny Silverhand would for sure attract more players to the game.

However, Evelyn made a mistake of offering the Relic chip to Voodoo Boys. When things got sour after the Heist she tried to hide in dollhouse on turf of Tiger Claws, where she was found and attacked by an unknown netrunner (probably struck with Cyberpsychosis virus).

It was Yorinobus plan from the beginning to kill his father. Adam Smasher as a bodyguard and security officer of Yorinobu Arasaka was fully aware of that, and also fully aware of the Heist (get a Threat Detector for the mission, you will notice). He did not really tried to stop Jackie and V on multiple occasions. People loyal to Saburo tried to get the chip back (that includes Goro Takemura). Afterwards Yorinobu consolidated power over Arasaka corporation and put his sister under house arrest.

Dex, Jackie and V
All three characters were pawns in the bigger game, supposedly to be sacrificed after The Heist.
- two rookie Mercs
- disgraced and apparently incompetent Fixer.
- The story would be simple. Two mercs, hired by a fixer tried to steal the Relic and killed Saburo Arasaka.

What do you think guys?

T-Bug didn't work for Wakako (at least no more than V), she's part of "V's team" during some Jobs. (she already worked for Dex in the past). And above all, she dead, "soulkilled" by Arasaka (or fried).

Militech wanted to furnish a Militech robot to V for the heist against Arasaka...? Sound weird to me and not really discreet :)
Anthony used "LOA papers" (Lost On Arrival) to provide Militech's stuff to the Maelstromer (probably for money), you can say it to Meredith if V is a Nomad. Meredith want above all find the stuff because, in corpos world, mistakes often end with bad things (short career...)

Why Yorinobu would want ask help to a doll when he's already in contact with Netwatch (in the message on the computer in the Konpeki), sound also weird... Yorinobu don't need Evy's help at all :)
To resume in order :
  • Yorinobu steal the relic to Arasaka.
  • Yorinobu contact Netwatch (for "obscur" reasons, probably against his father) and say to Netwatch that there is a "gift" on the Relic (i.e Johnny).
  • The VDBs learn that Yorinobu has the relic with Johnny on it (they need it to contact Alt).
  • The VDBs hire Evelyn to "spy" and scroll a BD in the penthouse (to find the Relic exactly as V).
  • Evelyn, who think she's very smart, want to betray the VDBs and hire Dex and the "mercs team".
  • Evelyn contact Netwatch to sell the Relic and leave Night City with Judy.
  • The heist failled, everyone is dead except V.

- To me it seems more plausible that Yorinobu used Evelyn to prepare the Heist. That would help to cover the tracks after he kills his father. It fits the fact that Adam Smasher sees V and Jackie, while they are hiding behind the smart glass, and does nothing.
(Eg Adam Smasher is highlighted as an NPC who has detected you, if you have Threat Detector mod in your Kiroshi. If its a bug let me know)

- According to the mail, it was Yorinobu who insisted that the engram has to be Johny Silverhand. Unfortunately I dont know the story of tabletop games, however.... Why would Netwatch be interested in such engram? From the mail does not seems they are. Its the VoodooBoys who certainly ARE interested, because they are trying to contact Alt Cunningham.

- Hellman tried to warn Yorinobu that the chip is not functioning properly... I wonder if Yorinobu decided to use it on himself.

So the short answer to you is:
- Evelyn hired Dex and wanted to sell the chip to VDBs. I just happen to believe that Yorinobu knew about that and that is why he insisted on using engram of Johny Silverhand.

Also T-Bug broke through the ice at the exact time when Yorinobu Arasaka entered the lobby of Konpeki? Ok, I understand that some things have to happen to keep things interesting, but it seems improbable to me as well.

- To me it seems more plausible that Yorinobu used Evelyn to prepare the Heist. That would help to cover the tracks after he kills his father. It fits the fact that Adam Smasher sees V and Jackie, while they are hiding behind the smart glass, and does nothing.
(Eg Adam Smasher is highlighted as an NPC who has detected you, if you have Threat Detector mod in your Kiroshi. If its a bug let me know)
Why Yorinobu could want the heist ?
Yorinobu already have the Relic, He already and intentionaly "put" Johnny on the Relic and he already have contacts with Netwatch. We don't know exactly why, or for which purposes, but it's in Yorinubo's messages in the computer of the konpeki. He'll meet a Netwatch agent for sell/give/provide the Relic. Johnny is named as a "gift" to Netwatch by Yorinobu.
- Hellman tried to warn Yorinobu that the chip is not functioning properly... I wonder if Yorinobu decided to use it on himself.
Like Meredith, Hellman is afraid of Saburo (understandable). He's in charge of the Relic 2.0 project. Losing the Relic seem to be (very) bad for him and his career. But Yorinobu is also the son of Saburo... So it's bad for Hellman whatever it could happen (his only chance is that Yorinubo decide to change his mind...)
So the short answer to you is:
- Evelyn hired Dex and wanted to sell the chip to VDBs. I just happen to believe that Yorinobu knew about that and that is why he insisted on using engram of Johny Silverhand.
Yes, it's exactly like that.
Evelyn learn about the Relic (as you can see in the BD during "Double Life") and decide very smartly that it could be a great idea to betray the VDBs and sell the Relic to Netwatch directly.
The same as when she ask to V to betray Dex... very smart girl :D

Edit : I know that a big conspiracy theory is tempting and interesting, but Evelyn is just a woman who is thought to be smarter than everyone else and wanted to betray everyone to earn as much money as possible (for a good reason, for leave Night City with Judy).

Last edited:
Yorinobu already have the Relic, He already and intentionaly "put" Johnny on the Relic and he already have contacts with Netwatch. We don't know exactly why, or for which purposes, but it's in Yorinubo's messages in the computer of the konpeki. He'll meet a Netwatch agent for sell/give/provide the Relic. Johnny is named as a "gift" to Netwatch by Yorinobu.

Yorinobu wasn't even born when johnny was put on the chip. his father put johnny on the chip which is weird in of itself. Just kill the guy why turn him into an engram

Yorinobu wasn't even born when johnny was put on the chip. his father put johnny on the chip which is weird in of itself. Just kill the guy why turn him into an engram
Yorinobu Arasaka
82 (as of 2077)
So Yorinobu was born...
And Johnny after to be "soulkilled" by Saburo spent all the time (around 50 years) "stored" in Mikoshi. It's only Yorinobu who steal the Relic and "extract" Johnny from Mikoshi, put him on the Relic as a gift for Netwatch.
And the Relic is a very "recent" project still in the state of a non-functional prototype... So it doesn't even exist at the time where Johnny die :D
Post automatically merged:

And why Netwatch could want Johnny ? (The Relic, it's obvious. Who doesn't want a technology who can possibly provide immortality...)
For the same reason than the VDBs, finding Alt (who took part in the construction of the black wall).
VDBs want Alt to break the Black Wall and Netwatch to to "improve" it.
Post automatically merged:

And why keep Johnny stored in Mikoshi instead of simply kill him ?
To quote Saburo : "Because deads don't lie".
- At first why not ^^
- And above all, with Johnny's engram, Saburo have access to all the Johnny's memories without any restriction... Like how he aquire a nuke, who are those who took part in the attack on the tower, who are those who "conspire" against Arasaka in the Atlantis,...

Last edited:
-I wont belive for a moment that Yorinobu planed to kill his father, not like that. And certainly not infront of two witnesses.

He strangled him. Afterwards he clearly panicked, called security and told them: My father was...uhhh... poisoned?
Trauma Team was already on its way, automatically. Every medic would immediatly see that Saburo wasn't poisoned. It would been an incredibly bad plan. The efford to hide that he was strangled must have been incredible. Not buying that.

And how would he even try to explain that these two mercs poisoned his father?
I mean "The story would be simple. Two mercs, hired by a fixer tried to steal the Relic (which he can't tell anyone about cause he stole it himself) and while they were at it poisoned Saburo Arasaka?"

If it would be planned (and if he new about V and Jackie) he could have just shot his father with the gun he had over by his bed and blame that on V and Jackie. That would have worked. Classical assassination.

And if Yorinobu and/or Smasher knew that V and Jackie were hiding there, they wouldn't have let the get away. Smasher could have just annonced 'There's someone behind the TV' and filled them with lead. No more witness, case closed.

-Evelyn didn't try to sell the Relic to the Vodoo Boy. The VBs hired Evelyn to locate the relic, but she overheard them and decided to steal it before them, and sell it to ??? The VBs tracked her down and fried her brain to cover their tracks and keep Arasaka away.

-Takemura didn't try to get the relic back, he didn't even knew about it. He was send to hunt down Jackie and V (and whoever send them). Probably mostly to get him out of Konpeki Plaza so that Saburos corpse can be disposed of. He found Dex, Dex told him that he had shot V and that Jackie is dead. He wanted to check if V is really dead, but finds him alive. He reports that to Yorinobu and he sends a hit squad to take them both out. V so that he cant tell what he saw, Tokemura so that he can't ask all the questions that this murder and Yorinobu strange story raises.
Judging from the unprofessional execution of the hit, it were probably Yorinobus own goons. Steel Dragons maybe? They match the desciption exactly. He certainly can't just order Arasaka security to kill the bodyguard of his father.

Last edited:
-I wont belive for a moment that Yorinobu planed to kill his father, not like that. And certainly not infront of two witnesses.

He strangled him. Afterwards he clearly panicked, called security and told them: My father was...uhhh... poisoned?
Trauma Team was already on its way, automatically. Every medic would immediatly see that Saburo wasn't poisoned. It would been an incredibly bad plan. The efford to hide that he was strangled must have been incredible. Not buying that.
Yorinobu didn't planned to kill his father, obviously. He basically just wanted to sabotage his father's plans (and sell "Saburo's futur" to another corpo...). But anger, 20 years of frustration and contempt from his father did the rest.
And no one ask any explanation from the new "Boss" of Arasaka (Trauma Team include). His words are the only truth. And above all, officially, Yorinobu announce that his father has been murdered by another corpo...
-Evelyn didn't try to sell the Relic to the Vodoo Boy. The VBs hired Evelyn to locate the relic, but she overheard them and decided to steal it before them, and sell it to ??? The VBs tracked her down and fried her brain to cover their tracks and keep Arasaka away.
To sell the relic to Netwatch (messages on the computer in the GIM from Evelyn).
And to fry brains are a common fate for those who work or betray VDBs :)
Steel Dragons maybe? He certainly can't just order Arasaka security to kill the bodyguard of his father.
If you play as Corpo, V say that he/she know these guy. If I remember, it's an elite group of Arasaka specialized to "clean by the void ":)

I like the theory mostly because I too get the feeling we don't have the whole story yet surrounding the Heist. Good idea with the threat detector, Smasher certainly looks like he's seeing us. I like the theory as I said but I don't believe this is it yet, not all of it; I don't think Yorinobu knew his father would be there that day so I wouldn't say the whole thing was to kill Saburo and have suspects. But Yorinobu might have wanted to prevent his father from becoming immortal, stealing the relic (the reason he left home was because on his 18th birthday Saburo told him how Arasaka operated, what was behind the curtain, and Yorinobu was shocked and went away, not wanting anything to do with the way his father did things).
What seems more plausible to me, going around your theory, is that Evelyn was hired by the Voodoo Boys but Yorinobu found out; he agrees to have the robbery take place but she will sell to Netwatch instead. Why wouldn't he just sell it himself? First Netwatch might not want to buy from the emperor's son who stole from his father; whereas buying it black market from someone who got it (who the hell cares how?) is a different story.
For Yorinobu this might be a way out from his father's ultimate wrath (being robbed); if he stole from Saburo and sold it (to the damn yankees that Saburo despises so much no less) might not grand ANY mercy from his father - death.
Yeah Netwatch might want the relic to contact or blackmail... Alt for different reasons.
What OP says about TBug's role in all this is interesting although the Militech connection and forethought of it as a plan seems very unlikely. First because it is Gilchrist who was the contact with the info on the convoy, the LOA...
About T-bug, we never saw Evelyn in contact with TBug but for all we know they knew each other and it was TBug that sugested her Dex as the fixer - because he's been out of the game for a while (he wouldn't be in the know about present events as much as the other active fixers; because she knew him, knew the respect he had for her and her opinions and she knew he was a coward; whereas TBug seems to be impressed with V, much more than Jackie. She offers him a daemon (thinking on the job ahead?) - so in the end it might not have been "let's use these unknown nobodies", it was Tbug saying let's use these unknown competents for the handwork and a fixer I can manage to just be there, not sound any alarms on the absence of a fixer and pay for stuff.
When V asks if Tbug can watch the BD Judy is against it and Evelyn asks to trust her. At first glance it can be that it is the despair talking, the feeling of home stretch - we're almost there. But in reality how can she ask Judy to trust this netrunner by trusting Eve if Eve didn't know her? Again it would be a very human and believable thing to say but it may also be that she knew TBug.

Possibilities are endless and I love to "what if" them :D

When V asks if Tbug can watch the BD Judy is against it and Evelyn asks to trust her. At first glance it can be that it is the despair talking, the feeling of home stretch - we're almost there. But in reality how can she ask Judy to trust this netrunner by trusting Eve if Eve didn't know her? Again it would be a very human and believable thing to say but it may also be that she knew TBug.
Just a detail ;)
When Evelyn say to Judy during the BD : "Trust me when I tell you that I would never put you in danger". It's about herself. And Evelyn know that if T-Bug doesn't help V, there is no heist, no eddies, nothing (I think whatever the netrunner that V would ask for, Evelyn would say the exact same thing... "Trust me, Judy")
Again Evelyn lie to Judy...
"I promise, I wouldn't put you in danger and I would be careful"
(But behind, I'll betray everybody, the fixer and the most dangerous gang in Night City... how smart I am !)

(And for the deamon "the Gigft", it's just an excuse to introduce Ping QH and how to hack an access point, nothing more (if you Ping, you see access point and you can get money & components). But it's just my opinion^^).

Last edited:
Just a detail ;)
When Evelyn say to Judy during the BD : "Trust me when I tell you that I would never put you in danger". It's about herself. And Evelyn know that if T-Bug doesn't help V, there is no heist, no eddies, nothing (I think whatever the netrunner that V would ask for, Evelyn would say the exact same thing... "Trust me, Judy")
Again Evelyn lie to Judy...
"I promise, I wouldn't put you in danger and I would be careful"
(But behind, I'll betray everybody, the fixer and the most dangerous gang in Night City... how smart I am !)

(And for the deamon "the Gigft", it's just an excuse to introduce Ping QH and how to hack an access point, nothing more (if you Ping, you see access point and you can get money & components). But it's just my opinion^^).
I'm not saying what the game tells as a story doesn't make sense by itself; it can be that this is all there is to it (how you describe events; which is how the game describes these events). But these stories many times have layers on top, especially in this cyberpunk setting where nothing and nobody is what they seem. Regina is most probably a chinese spy, although the game never tells it, it leaves breadcrumbs. On the story of the heist or before it, everything you said makes sense and it is how the game presents it. But the game also has us questioning things. Maybe it is just the ping tutorial, maybe there's more to it.
The original pnp, the way they presented the stories, world, characters, etc... wasn't allways from a narrator-knows-all either. Some information was presented as facts/canon; otger was rumours, told by people in the cyberpunk world - so who was saying this was as important as what was being said, ...

About Evelyn I agree. It also makes sense that she was just manipulating Judy without any possibility of assurances. That's how I saw it until now, that this post made me question "did they know each other from before"?

Regina is most probably a chinese spy, although the game never tells it, it leaves breadcrumbs.
I agree about Regina, but we have a few leads/clues here and there to start to speculate. She was journalist who travel around the world (quite good "undercover"), she hire V for a job for Chinese poeples (a general). So we know that she have some relations with them (she owed them a favor, so we know with certitude that at some point she work with/for them).
So the fact that Regina could be (or even was) a spy can make sense anyway :)

Unlike T-Bug or Evelyn, where there is nothing (as far as I remember), except trying to interpret sentences/words/situations and assuming that maybe they have a "hidden" meaning.
For example pour Ping (gift), V is a starter netrunner, so Ping could be useful to begin with (and maybe for the heist too). It's just my opinion, but I don't see anything more than a gift from a confirmed netrunner to a starter netrunner (for make a link, a little bit like Vesemir who give a crossbow to Geralt in TW3^^).

Edit : Anyway, it's a story/fiction, so as long as there is nothing against, all the speculations can be valid (but some may be very unlikely, like Judy who make "dark" BDs and work for/with Maelstrom...)

Last edited:
I agree about Regina, but we have a few leads/clues here and there to start to speculate. She was journalist who travel around the world (quite good "undercover"), she hire V for a job for Chinese poeples (a general). So we know that she have some relations with them (she owed them a favor, so we know with certitude that at some point she work with/for them).
So the fact that Regina could be (or even was) a spy can make sense anyway :)

Unlike T-Bug or Evelyn, where there is nothing (as far as I remember), except trying to interpret sentences/words/situations and assuming that maybe they have a "hidden" meaning.
For example pour Ping (gift), V is a starter netrunner, so Ping could be useful to begin with (and maybe for the heist too). It's just my opinion, but I don't see anything more than a gift from a confirmed netrunner to a starter netrunner (for make a link, a little bit like Vesemir who give a crossbow to Geralt in TW3^^).

Edit : Anyway, it's a story/fiction, so as long as there is nothing against, all the speculations can be valid (but some may be very unlikely, like Judy who make "dark" BDs and work for/with Maelstrom...)
oh I know we're just playing dr. Paradox here, although original post is based on facts from the game, reinterpreted in their meaning of how things may have gone down. Different than my suggestion that Evelyn and TBug knew each other, there is no suggestion on the game afaik of it. That was just me thinking of possibilities where OP might be possible.
I played a lot of cyberpunk, especially act 1 since the quality of the game always went down a lot in act 2 for me, but there is still a lot for me to find, maybe even story related/info that may add to these subjects of the story or others. So I like to play chess with all the possibilities available until a new fact comes in to confirm or deny or partially each.
But as you say, it is very important to keep check on degrees of certainty on these speculations.
"the question isn't are you paranoid? Its whether you're paranoid enough"
- from movie Strange Days

Top Bottom