Some suggestions to encrease immersion and gameplay...

+
Some suggestions to encrease immersion and gameplay...

-Add random contract generation-
Is really nice we had so immersive witcher contracts i loved the investigation part.. Why don't add random generated lesser contract?... A drowners infestation near the river.. Some nekkers with a nest too much close to civilization.. Stuff like that can encrease the end game content and help to bring more life in a amazing full of life world we have..

-Drinking Animation-
I know we discussed it a lot of times... But really is just lame for me and kinda immersion breaking see geralt taking potion that instead of potions act like instant boost in combat.. Drinking and eating in combat don't help... Imagine geralt facing a vampire like in a night to remember trailer but while swinging the sword is also eating some chicken meat...

I know some stuff like that is did for the combat fluidity but on my opinion witcher 2 did this right... you had to drink the potions before you went in the battle...That is what a true witcher do and is how is described even in the books...Right now you just hit buttons and the buff pops in.
Please fix this things... Is always sad when immersion and credibility get broken to advantage gameplay...
(or at least... add potion drink animation if someone drink them before going in a fight.)

-More blood splatter on the ground-
This is a minor one... is ok to have less blood in the ground but the blood can stay longer? Right now you see littirally after 2 or 3 seconds blood on the terrain totally disappear in front of your eyes... Make it stay at least 60 seconds... Is a bit out of place fight 6 bandits and have the terrain perfectly clean aside from the blood under the corpses...

-Sometimes low wind-
Foliage moving in the wind is amazing... Sometimes in sunny weather can be nice have the tree move less.

Let me know what you think about it people add your own suggestions as well.

Last edited:
+Animal skinning animations
+Travelling caravans
+More "emergent game play" encounters...one good thing about Far Cry, easily the most fun gameplay in these games is when you found yourself thrown into those chaotic, spontaneous "scenarios", nekkers+bandits and the like
+More interaction with Roach

The first one is a very good and technically possible suggestion.

I am all for it.

... after they fix act 3, the characters and the end :p...

"-Add random contract generation-
Is really nice we had so immersive witcher contracts i loved the investigation part.. Why don't add random generated lesser contract?... A drowners infestation near the river.. Some nekkers with a nest too much close to civilization.. Stuff like that can encrease the end game content and help to bring more life in a amazing full of life world we have.."

No. Because a contract is basically a quest. And an auto generated quest is a piece of crap.

i was not referring to the bigger contracts..but small contracts.. those are part of the witcher too..similiar to the ones of the witcher 2... Like the nekker one for example...
Indeed is piece of crap if done wrong... but doing it right can be a nice addition.. is not like killing a vampire or a striga or a werewolf... Sometimes paesant can know where the danger is....

My thoughts
- make NPC stop repeating the same dialog. It's better to make them silent than to make them speak 99 times over and over the same sentence every time we pass them (i.e. guards on bridge to Crow's perch)

- add more dialog lines for Dandelion and Zoltan in the second/third Act (after battle of Kaer Morhen). It's stupid that best Gerald's friends cannot say (or propose) anything new during more than a half of game. It's immerse killer.

So seems blood decals in the new patch will work again at least from the changelogs... Now the important issue for me is the potion drinking anims... I am not sure what you are referring at Far Cry elements....

I think by "Far Cry" elements the poster means random encounters. As previously mentioned, the game is intentionally designed without them. Random = uninspired.

well personally i don't see how random encounter can spoil a game if done right... Sometimes is nice meeting a powerfull foe in the wilderness maybe with a low percentage that this will happen...

I think by "Far Cry" elements the poster means random encounters. As previously mentioned, the game is intentionally designed without them. Random = uninspired.

He meant that , in far cry, there are soldier patrols and they sometime cross path with wild animals because they are in the same "territory"(the area where they can walk) and it creates interesting situations. It could be peasants or soldiers getting attacked by monsters or scoia'tael. It would be like a real ecosystem.

Last edited:
Top Bottom