Some things from the trailer that I have questions about

+
Some things from the trailer that I have questions about

Hi, like all of you I'm looking forward to CP2077. I've played all of CDPR's Witcher games and I have high hopes for this when it releases.
I've viewed the trailer and there are some things that I'd like to know more about. The only experience I have with cyberpunk in general is in playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and I know nothing of Mike Pondsmith's Cyberpunk game.
Firstly, what sort of robot is featured in the trailer? Given the bodies strewn around her, I guess it would be some sort of assassination bot?
Next, we see police firing upon the robot with what appear to be assault rifles of some kind. Yet the robot appears to be well-armored and the rounds just shatter when they hit her. Even her dress is not punctured, merely scratched. Are the robots in the CP universe really that well armored? If so it would be incredibly heavy.
Finally, what is the weapon that the cop is holding to the robot's head? It looks to me like some sort of device to cause a temporary shut down of the robot, since in the final scene we see the same robot in the vehicle before the helmet is placed over her head. And what is that helmet anyway?
Thanks.

Hayashi.226;n10302512 said:
Hi, like all of you I'm looking forward to CP2077. I've played all of CDPR's Witcher games and I have high hopes for this when it releases.
I've viewed the trailer and there are some things that I'd like to know more about. The only experience I have with cyberpunk in general is in playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and I know nothing of Mike Pondsmith's Cyberpunk game.
Firstly, what sort of robot is featured in the trailer? Given the bodies strewn around her, I guess it would be some sort of assassination bot?
Next, we see police firing upon the robot with what appear to be assault rifles of some kind. Yet the robot appears to be well-armored and the rounds just shatter when they hit her. Even her dress is not punctured, merely scratched. Are the robots in the CP universe really that well armored? If so it would be incredibly heavy.
Finally, what is the weapon that the cop is holding to the robot's head? It looks to me like some sort of device to cause a temporary shut down of the robot, since in the final scene we see the same robot in the vehicle before the helmet is placed over her head. And what is that helmet anyway?
Thanks.

Firstly, what sort of robot is featured in the trailer?

She's not a robot. She's an augmented human. She has gone over the edge into the realm of cyberpsychosis due to having too many augmentations. There's more to it than that in the PnP, but those are the basics. She's not a created cyborg or anything like that.

Are the robots in the CP universe really that well armored? If so it would be incredibly heavy.

Suhiira would probably agree with you here. It's not strictly realistic, I think it's more about flash in this case. The actual Cyberpunk PnP does have underlying armor augmentations available, but it's expensive and heavy, as you said. However, it's also possible that 57 years of advancement (after the original PnP's 2020 date) has led to the discovery/synthesis of some sort of lightweight yet extremely strong metal alloy. Who knows?

Finally, what is the weapon that the cop is holding to the robot's head?

Not sure. To me, it seemed like she was simply giving up. Either she realized what she had done, or she tired herself out, or something to that effect. I think he was just holding a regular gun to her head. But that's just me.

And what is that helmet anyway?

No idea. Something similar may be in the PnP, but as far as I know, it's new technology. It's probably just a helmet that gives users a HUD of some sort, enhancing their aim and the like (not mentally enhancing their aim, but helping them find and track targets).

Also, in case you didn't know, the woman became a member of the "Psycho Squad" - a group of highly-trained individuals who seek out and capture, kill or turn those who become Psychos (due to what I mentioned before).

Some of the PnP vets may come in here to correct me or add on to what I've said, but this is it in a nutshell.

Last edited:
Finally, what is the weapon that the cop is holding to the robot's head? It looks to me like some sort of device to cause a temporary shut down of the robot, <clip>
My personal take is she's just gone catatonic as whatever tiny portion of "humanity" she still retained realized what she'd just done.

Suhiira;n10310302 said:
My personal take is she's just gone catatonic as whatever tiny portion of "humanity" she still retained realized what she'd just done.

Yup, this!

Finally, what is the weapon that the cop is holding to the robot's head? It looks to me like some sort of device to cause a temporary shut down of the robot, since in the final scene we see the same robot in the vehicle before the helmet is placed over her head.
That weapon is "Crusher" manufactured by Militech. Both the company and the weapon are the essencial part of the Cyberpunk 2020. It's basicaly the top shelf fan service :) "Dude! Militech Crusher! My Solo used ti run with that thing when we wre playing the game back in 97!" :) The ending of the trailer is very important. The killer robot (cyborg) is now a cop herself and is hunting rogue cyborgs with the guy who apprehended her as a partner. You should really try CP2020 PnP.

Top Bottom