Some thoughts and numbers on crafting + ideas to improve crafting

+
I have put some numbers in an Excel file to check a few things about crafting. Crafting legendaries and iconic items is extremely good and waaaay cheaper than buying legendary items (based on the cost of the crafting components at the merchant).

You an upgrade a blue iconic weapon to legendary for around $35.000 which is very cheap compared to any other legendary. The price of 35k is based on what you would have to pay to buy the material from a vendor. The only exceptions are Johnny Silverhand's clothes which are insanely expensive to improve (75-100k worth of material per piece).

Upgrading items only gives 5% damage per upgrade with increasing cost per upgrade. It's useless because too expensive for not much damage (5-15% because after that it's too expensive) And you don't need the damage if your build is good/have legendaries. I think that this could be improved by increasing the level of the item instead of upgrading its stats. So if you like a gun you can keep it to your level always.

For now, the only perks you need are :
- more materials per item
- 2x 15% crafting cost reduction
- perks to craft blue, purple, orange items.
- perk to recover mods when disassembling (very good perk)

Everything else is quite bad, especially given that this tree doesn't provide you with many perk points.

Improvements to this tree could be :
- More skills to improve all grenades (included non crafted ones) : more radius, more damage, more effects, cluster grenades (like in witcher 3, the bombs would split)
- Better cost reduction to upgrades
- Ability to level up an item so you can keep an item that you like
- Perks to give even more materials when disassembling
- The perk to craft better materials needs to be strongly improved (cost is too high, makes you loose money)
- Get rid of perks that give a % chance to craft / upgrade for free and replace them by a reduction to cost (more consistant, no save/load to exploit the perks)
- More experience per craft for more expensive items.

Also on the Tech tree I think that there should only be perks related to Tech and Smart weapons (only 1 perk for smart weapons, which is disappointing)

I think that with some tuning, the crafting tree could become way more interesting / fun

What do you think ?

Top Bottom