Someone know anything about wiedzmin movie?

+

Forum veteran
blubeetle said:
Aaah.... regarding Triss, you haven't yet seen the earth-shattering OFFICIAL version from CDPR, ya:
Never seen that before. Definitely not on loop, over and over and over. No, siree.

*Ahem*

You might want to add some kind of NSFW tag on there, by the way :)

227 said:
Never seen that before. Definitely not on loop, over and over and over. No, siree.

*Ahem*

You might want to add some kind of NSFW tag on there, by the way :)

Ups! Sorry!
Done! :)

There are only 6 directors that have PROPER adaptions/remakes of incredible franchises and those are: Peter Jackson, J.J. Abrams and the 4 directors for Game of Thrones TV series. Put any of them to work on this and we would end with something amazing for a Witcher Movie/TV series.

sandisrd said:
I heard rumors that someone from HOLLYWOOD was interesting about Wiedzmin future movie!!!... Anyone knows anything???...

Support pagan-metal.
I am 100% sure that Hollywood wouldn't be interested in "Wiedzmin", but I'm sure they're interested in "The Witcher".

CostinMoroianu said:
There are only 6 directors that have PROPER adaptions/remakes of incredible franchises and those are: Peter Jackson, J.J. Abrams and the 4 directors for Game of Thrones TV series. Put any of them to work on this and we would end with something amazing for a Witcher Movie/TV series.

I'll take the TV Series for a starter. Less risky, gaining confidence while putting more pressure so the big screen version won't be too fucked-up by studios speculations. It would also gives ample time to compile a relatively more secure casting list, under the fans' scrutiny.

I think.

This might sound negative but... with all due respect,
Hollywood's gonna ing kill The Witcher D:
They have a hobby of ruining foreign movies!

So, I hope that would never happen...

No, the Witcher universe is strictly Slavic, I'd hate that perverted into something US Western, not to mention Hollywood's reputation: "BLOOD HERE BLODO THERE, THERE"s a PLOT?!?! LOLOL MOAR BLOOOD!"

But if the worse happens, the only director I would accept is Peter Jackson.

BlaiddGwyn said:
I am 100% sure that Hollywood wouldn't be interested in "Wiedzmin", but I'm sure they're interested in "The Witcher".

Right you are so smart that you can't see different from Polish language and English

Support pagan-metal.

I'd rather see a tv series adaptation of the short stories. That would be more interesting to watch.

Of course if it'd stay true to it's original (unlike the previous one)

blubeetle said:
Aaah.... regarding Triss, you haven't yet seen the earth-shattering OFFICIAL version from CDPR, ya:

WARNING! NSFW BELOW! RATED ABSOLUTELY MATURE!

It's right here.

Believe it or not, it came from MM360 himself!
Don't believe me? Check out here.

Not very official imho. On the one hand her appearance in the polish Playboy has nothing to do with the russian callender. That's because a human made of flesh and bone is not the same as a render model (surprise! *g*). ;)

And for the callender, well, they definitely looked for a modell that resembles the computer model of Triss and I think they did a good job. But she's only "official" for the callendar, not for a potential future movie. She's a modell, not an actress.

I'm not saying it wont happen, but I think it's a long shot, infering from a callendar on a movie...

GODzilla said:
Not very official imho. On the one hand her appearance in the polish Playboy has nothing to do with the russian callender. That's because a human made of flesh and bone is not the same as a render model (surprise! *g*). ;)

And for the callender, well, they definitely looked for a modell that resembles the computer model of Triss and I think they did a good job. But she's only "official" for the callendar, not for a potential future movie. She's a modell, not an actress.

I'm not saying it wont happen, but I think it's a long shot, infering from a callendar on a movie...

I know, mate. I suspected as much from the photo sessions and Triss' playboy pictures that I have. But she sure is a knock-out, though, no? Too bad her red hair's fake.

blubeetle said:
I know, mate. I suspected as much from the photo sessions and Triss' playboy pictures that I have. But she sure is a knock-out, though, no? Too bad her red hair's fake.

No question, she is!

GODzilla said:
No question, she is!

Wannawannawanna....

I'd be glad to see a Witcher movie provided it's directed by Christopher Nolan. Otherwise, keep to the games and novels folks. It's not a material you can easily translate to a movie.

For a moment, I thought you meant the Polish movie that got made. It was a terrible, terrible thing better left in dark caves deep beneath surface.

sandisrd said:
Right you are so smart that you can't see different from Polish language and English

Support pagan-metal.
Nah of course I know it - well, I guessed it. I was just making a point about posers who are not using the officially authorized English title.

I don't know why people say it can't be translated to movie/TV. Look at Game Of Thrones. I've read the A Song Of Ice And Fire novels, and they are definitely a lot more harder to adapt than The Witcher. And yet, they did an amazing job on the show. If anything, HBO should make it, with someone who really understands the source material, like DB Weiss and David Benioff did with GoT.

Yeah, I kind of agree that an HBO series like AGOT could be made of the witcher saga; however I doubt it will happen. HBO is pleased with the success of AGOT, true enough, and they are planning more fantasy TV series, yes. However, I doubt tbey would be interested in the witcher, since they have already bought Neil Gaiman's "American Gods" as the next multi-season project. That, and the books are popular mainly in Poland and Spain (thanks to the reputedly brilliant Spanish translation), there isn't even a full English translation in existence. And being Polish, and a translator, I actually did bother to read the books already translated and I must say they lose in the Polish-English translation quite a bit; in other words, it is... sufficient, but not outstanding, or even very good. A hypothetical western producer wanting to make a witcher movie/series wouldn't even be able to read the entire saga to form an informed opinion ;) Unless he was Spanish.

Also, while it would be a great marketing opportunity, releasing a game, a tv series and then the translated books at the approximately same time and hoping fans of the game will pick up the series and the books, fans of the series will pick up game and books, and so on, it most likely won't be done because the games simply aren't popular enough among the wide audience to persuade HBO to put forward money for the series. At least that's my opinion. Maybe one day...

siklara said:
I understand perfectly, balance is important.

Yes it was, I could watch it anytime. Similarly to Dona_ it's my guilty pleasure.

Before I forget, Vernon Roche is real and he's called Mark Strong, so if this Witcher movie ever happens, I accept nobody else playing the role of the "angry blue man" (definition by yuikami).

So the angry blue man really is bald O_O!

Top Bottom