Someone made a petition to change the music style in this game...

+
Nah. If it was a cyberpunk 2020 game (and it retained the 80s-90s retrofuturistic style) it would have worked. But for more modern cyberpunk like 2077 Archive works better. Though I can see oldies/retro sounding music working for a radio station that plays nothing but vintage songs.

If this was the music that was in the original trailer I would have complained.

Sure that sounds Sci-Fi, but cyberpunk is so much more than just Sci-Fi.. and there is no "changing the music style", we will already see electronic stuff like this in game, It just won't be the only genre we hear (thank goodness). CDPR has a clear vision of what their doing, they want to make a truly cyberpunk game, and I've seen nothing yet that tells me they won't achieve this.

And also the original song "bullets" fits the trailer perfectly. I've seen other "trailer edits" like this and no other song even comes close to giving me the same goose bumps as CD Project Red's version.

I have no problem with Perturbator. I quite like the retro vibe. However, I don't think the triler remix track works very well.

I do have a problem with the numpty who started a petition to change the music style of 2077 when it isn't even public knowledge what music will be in the game.

As I said, numpty.

I wish you could vote AGAINST a petition. My views are pretty much the same as Chris's. Express an opinion, fine, but the concept of having a petition for something like this is a little too ... too... Oops. Moderator.

We could always start a counter petition. Though I doubt it's worth our time unless Mr. Numpty's petition gets out of control which I don't think it will.

I bet it was one of us. Probably me. I'm such a bastard.

I like Pertumbatorsifism whatever. Quite enjoyed that. I hope to see something similar in-game in a club, or on my MP3 playlist in the Club Music folder in the game data files. I preferred the teaser music because I fucking loved the trailer. So there's that. Anyway.

The game data files. The Cyberpunk 2077 game folder and the data folder inside it. A thing.

You know, barring WW3 happening, this is actually going to happen someday?

Someday, in a few years, my Hard Drive will have Cyberpunk 2077, Witcher 3, Shadowrun Returns, Wasteland 2, Torment 2, Project Eternity and all three Deus Ex games on it. All at once.

I.May.Die.

Heck, I'll admit it.

T'was me. The evil german guy. Harhar.

I did it because Archive, you know, like... it doesn't work. At all. Not a bit. Nada. Niente. PASST GAR NICHT!!

So, almost a year after the trailer has been released, I started this Anti-Archive-petition. Gawrsh, I really despise english musicians. I want CP2K77 to be filled with Yodeling. Children yodeling.

And now, that you guys are out of the way, discussing about music and shit, off to world domi-- oh wait. I'm not allowed to.

Alright.

Seems a minor thing to make a petition for... but whatevs.
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/cyberpunk-2077-perturbator/

They want music like this:
http://youtu.be/P99qJGrPNLs

To become more like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWBtqmxzlCo&feature=youtu.be

Cyberhyspter 2077?
I'm sure everyone'll love how it'll looks like a cheesy film from the 80's.
What? seriousness and realism? who cares! we want distorded trumpet synth who sound like crap.

Maybe, instead, they should put some good artists, with a real vision, like Torrent Vaccine, Mangadrive, Komor Kommando, Acucrack, etc...

It would sound less cliché, less cheezy, and probably better than som hypster crap sounding "retro" just for the sakes of sounding retro, and nothing more, even more shamefull when it sound worst than the actual "retro-electronic" from the 80'/90'.

The music need to be good, catchy, powerfull, subversive, with a strong message.
Protector have nothing of it all, if you removes the "retro-sound style" it's just bland and generic.

Don't get me wrong, i've got nothing against Perturbator (it's not my cup of tea, but i respect if people likes it), but it just don't feel "cyberpunk", Cyberpunk isn't JUST a futurist setting, if you're waiting for this, go play Star Wars MMO.
You could have a cyberpunk setting today, or even in the middle of a desert (look at the movie Hardware)
The mood have to be "badass", serious, raw, brutal.

For example, yes, the song "bullet" isn't some cheesy synth crap, but it fit the trailer better than Perturbator, the music has a "deepness", and the mood fit the cold street rampage.

It's all we need, good songs.

I personally am a fan of cheesy fauxtro synth. And I did actually hear it in old things, though it was in DOS games rather than movies. But even I understand that old timey synth would not work for 2077.

Also, I should really use "The good news is, there is no good news!" at some point.

Looks like there are going to be hundreds of petitions regarding CP2077 if someone asks to change the music in the game based on a goddamn trailer at this point, when the game is not even 10% done.

Top Bottom