Someone please explain to me how inventory work?

+
Someone please explain to me how inventory work?

I started this game right when it was released and the whole inventory system just completely baffled me. I am the type of guy that love reading game manual and was extremely disappointed when I found out that the biggest open RPG world to date did not even come with a decent size manual. While the in-game tutorial is pretty in-depth, your not going to get the same explanation as you would from a manual.

I nearly had to take a break from this game because I was overburden and I didn't know what to sell and what to keep and without the 9999 mod, I would have had to take a break. I didn't like having those kind of mods cause it distract from the game but without a proper storage or bank, I really didn't have any choice especially when I am an armorer collector.

Now let get down to the point: I don't understand ALCHEMY, CRAFTING, LOOTS, ALCOHEST, MEDITATION, De-cotion/Mutagen ability, and the rest.

Here are my questions below and these are the reason why I'm struggling with the game, and since have taken a short break from it.

1. Alchemy

I just don't understand how Alchemy works in this game? It so different from past Witcher game, it so confusing. From what I read, you only use ingredients once for alchemy and once you have that potion, mutagen, oil, you never need it again but what I don't get is how do you know to sell those extra ingredients when you don't know what other blueprint is needed? Meaning are each ingredient for a specific diagram or can multiple diagram use the same ingredient, and if this is the case why would I ever sell my ingredients? I'm not going to get a notebook and note which ingredient is for which diagram because that is time consuming and not effective. So how do you know which ingredients to keep and which to sell?

A. Once you have a potion, are they unlimited? Is having 3 potions the max you can have after every time you meditate? Do you need Alcohest and alcohol (beer mug) thing for it to refill? Because if that is the case, I didn't have alcohest for the longest time and I can meditate as much as I want and the ingredient constantly refill. I don't like this system one bit but now I'm just trying to understand it. How come I don't need alcohest to refill my potion? What is it use for then? I'm playing on normal difficulty if that help.

B. Now if ingredients are only used once, how do you know which one to sale. Do you look at every single diagram you have under Alchemy to and take notes of which one is already use? There has to be an easier method.

2. Crafting

Same question as those about Alchemy. What to sell and what to keep? How can you sale things when you still haven't gotten every single crafting diagram out there?

3. De-cotion/Mutagen Ability

Which is better? Which do you guys prefer. Mutagen for de-cotion or for passive abilities?

Any help will be much appreciated!

Alchemy: if you have the ingredients in your inventory you will replenish potions/ bombs on meditation. Oils never run out once crafted.
Don't sell anything ingredient wise! It's not worth it!
If you want to sell stuff then sell the odds and items you loot or wolf skins etc! Easy to replenish and you get good reward!
Also sell weapons and armour you loot.
Once you know potion you recreate it when you meditate or on demand from the menu: but each potion is one use! Maximum you can carry of each is 3!

1.A- You refill all the alchemy stuff with strong alcohols (not the drinkable ones), which are quite abundant (alcohest and dwarven spirit seem to be the most common). It only takes one alcohol to refill everything, so it's good to use a variety of alchemy items, before refilling.

B- Do it roughly. Notice that the potions don't require lots of the same ingridient. So pick a bunch of a certain type of herb and stop picking it. Even if you end up lacking something, the ingridients are quite cheaply sold by the herbalists. No need to be very accurate or compulsive here.

Alchemy: if you have the ingredients in your inventory you will replenish potions/ bombs on meditation. Oils never run out once crafted.
Don't sell anything ingredient wise! It's not worth it!
If you want to sell stuff then sell the odds and items you loot or wolf skins etc! Easy to replenish and you get good reward!
Also sell weapons and armour you loot.
Once you know potion you recreate it when you meditate or on demand from the menu: but each potion is one use! Maximum you can carry of each is 3!

Do you sell all your junk item, cause sometime there are quest item in the Junk tab. There is also relic in the junk time as well and I don't know what relic does?

Selling ingridients is cool. Some weigh quite a bit and can be picked at large quantities, like brains. Just don't sell your whole batch! Leave something for you, like ten or so, and sell the rest.

Selling ingridients is cool. Some weigh quite a bit and can be picked at large quantities, like brains. Just don't sell your whole batch! Leave something for you, like ten or so, and sell the rest.

Do the weight count for each items of the same type or only each slot that it take?

To answer the alchemy and crafting question.

Ingredients/materials can be used for multiple potions, oils, armour ect.

Ingredients are light so I wouldn't worry about selling them. Chances are you'll find another potion that needs something you all ready own the further you go in the game.

Same with crafting material though that takes up a bit more weight.

What I do is every now and then I'll go to a herbalist.

Then flip between my potion list and her shop to try to make as many potions I can there and then.

I never sell ingredients, if anything I buy what I don't have to add that last ingredient and complete the set for that potion and so on an so on until I can't complete any more on my list, then move on.

Same with armor and swords.

When I do that I find I can craft quite a few things before I hit a brick wall to go about the rest of my game.

Top Bottom