Someone shaved Rouch's tail off.

+
Someone shaved Rouch's tail off.

View attachment 46201

---------- Updated at 09:24 PM ----------

I am still hoping that they are going to fix this issue, its not a pleasant sight to behold.

Attachments

• 20160602175521_1.jpg
    20160602175521_1.jpg
    334.1 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Naaa, it's pretty common after the last patch, i've got it too.
It's really annoying...horses without tail are...weird...

I started a complete new play-trough (and also a "fresh" GOG install with all DLC's, updates, HoS and B&W).

The tail is not present in the start area (White Orchard), but when I reached Velen at the Hang Man Tree, the tail is back again. I cannot comment on Skellige, because it will take some time before I reach the area, but I tried a few minutes in B&W, just enough to enter Toussaint, and the tail is present there also.

It looks to me that the tail disappears in the area you start the game (except for the start of B&W), or go back to after installing the Patch and expansion, but I cannot say that for sure. It's just an observation.

I started a complete new play-trough (and also a "fresh" GOG install with all DLC's, updates, HoS and B&W).

The tail is not present in the start area (White Orchard), but when I reached Velen at the Hang Man Tree, the tail is back again. I cannot comment on Skellige, because it will take some time before I reach the area, but I tried a few minutes in B&W, just enough to enter Toussaint, and the tail is present there also.

It looks to me that the tail disappears in the area you start the game (except for the start of B&W), or go back to after installing the Patch and expansion, but I cannot say that for sure. It's just an observation.

With this it appears to be random in regard to area and as you assume related to wherever you load your game in first. This bug puts me off big time. :disgust:

---------- Updated at 12:33 PM ----------

This bug is present on XBONE and PS4.

I agree with jonaschl on that. I have a confirmation from a different forum, that a user has started the game fresh, and Roach has indeed his tail back!

Post in question:

So I started over making sure to select ON for "simulate Witcher 2 save" and the good thing about this restart is that Roach is 100% complete again. No missing parts!

-------

Hmm, I'm wondering, could it be random?

Why not let Roach do what she feels like. Why are you always criticizing on her fashion choices. If she wants to run without a tail, that's HER decission. ;D

Just to chime in I had the mane then the tail disappear one after the other during the process of playing Blood and Wine. Travel to White Orchard and then they're back. Travel *back* to Touissant and they vanish again.

The tail seems to come and go, I've started fresh and initially it had a tail, then it went, and came and went...

I wonder if CDPR has taken notice of this bug, its not really a game breaking bug ;however, I don't like looking at roach's booty hole while I am riding.

I don't know if it'll work with the tail but I was able to get the mane back by switching between different sets of blinders. Might work for the tail if you try different saddles? I switched to an older save so I don't think I'd be able to test that.

Experiencing this bug only since the ending of B&W. Never had it previously during the expansion.

Tried un-equipping the saddle/blinders then re-equipping them but nothing.

GOG Galaxy version 1.21.

Same. I started a new game since the latest patch. Had a tail all the time, then I called Roach in Novigrad and he had no tail.

It's just the Toussaint's latest fashion. Let Roach be. She wants to look like a lion? Let her be. She wants to be hipster with that mini-mane? Let her be.
Just silently hate her and curse under your nose. Like I do.

It's Nilfgaard's fashion taking the world by storm. They make it clear early in the game that Nilfgaardians find hair barbaric and nauseating. Some stable boy probably thought, "Why not horses, too?" Then he went ape with a pair of hedge trimmers. The horses are now ready for the catwalk in Vizima.

Uhh.... kind of off-topic but you can't actually shave a horse's tail off.

There's like... bones in the tail, so...

Experiencing this bug only since the ending of B&W. Never had it previously during the expansion.

Tried un-equipping the saddle/blinders then re-equipping them but nothing.

GOG Galaxy version 1.21.

As a follow-up, in case it helps any, after replaying the ending twice for each of the final paths the only time Roach's tail has disappeared has been in the 'good' ending. The other two endings keep the tail attached. No other changes to Roach's equipment changed in the playthroughs.

As a follow-up, in case it helps any, after replaying the ending twice for each of the final paths the only time Roach's tail has disappeared has been in the 'good' ending. The other two endings keep the tail attached. No other changes to Roach's equipment changed in the playthroughs.

Inter-a-est-am-ing...

Can you reliably re-create this? If so, send in a collection of saves right before the different endings and let CDPR Support take a look.

Top Bottom