Something about LOD is borked right now

+
I'll post a screenshot that has a plethora of issues in it. For reference, I'm playing steam version, unmodded, my drivers are up to date and I'm playing with every setting maxed.

The entire stadium is invisible except for the stuff at the top, the smoke on the right and the smoke coming out of the car exhaust is extremely pixelated, the neon sign of the tree on the right is also very pixelated.

It's as if the very very far away LOD is being loaded up close for these things. To the point that the stadium doesn't render unless very close.

A part of me wonders if it is a save bloat issue?

Attachments

• photomode_09112022_015856.png
    photomode_09112022_015856.png
    4 MB · Views: 512
wow that looks bad. today i noticed something similar in japantown as well, a part of the bridge connecting the area to another neighborhood was missing and autos were floating in mid air...

wow that looks bad. today i noticed something similar in japantown as well, a part of the bridge connecting the area to another neighborhood was missing and autos were floating in mid air...
Ouch yeah someone messed up some numbers in the last update or something. Forgot to add a zero or something haha
How do you think we can make this issue more public so CD Projekt can fix it?

Ouch yeah someone messed up some numbers in the last update or something. Forgot to add a zero or something haha
Best way is to officially submit a bug report to them through the Support ticket, so they can take a look at it. They sometimes let you know through email that they're looking into it.

I went to the same spot you took the screen. Well, the first time everything was fine and I could see the stadium with no problems even from a certain distance, then I exited the game, loaded the save again and now I always get the same LOD issue you have shown. Also the volumetric smoke effects are very pixellated...

Post automatically merged:

Best way is to officially submit a bug report to them through the Support ticket, so they can take a look at it. They sometimes let you know through email that they're looking into it.
Yeah, I've sent so many tickets I've lost the count lol

I'm on PC (maxed out details, 1440p, fov 90, on a 3080), and I'm using DLSS quality.

EDIT: before you ask, no, I never installed any mod since the game came out, considering that the game still needs extensive bug fixing and some features are not 100% complete, and yes, I already tried deleting the cfg files resetting the game options. Next thing I will do will be checking files for integrity but that's it after that. Probably the devs simply forgot something during patch testing.

Last edited:
I'm on PC (maxed out details, 1440p, fov 90, on a 3080), and I'm using DLSS quality.
Hmm seems something changed with the update then, could also be a pre update too the expansion that failed since the arena is in it i think? Was thinking the fog could be a FSR (since its new too) issue but thats not it then. Hmm interesting.

Huh okay so I'm not crazy, it's not just me. I did actually end up sending an official report. I know that the DLC is supposed to have something to do with the combat zone inside the stadium. Maybe someone was messing around with the stadium's references and what not and broke it. The smoke I can't explain or the pixelated neon signs

Hmm seems something changed with the update then, could also be a pre update too the expansion that failed since the arena is in it i think? Was thinking the fog could be a FSR (since its new too) issue but thats not it then. Hmm interesting.
I think it has nothing to do with the expansion, I've seen these LOD issues various times over these two years, like missing meshes, inverse LOD and such. Some patches fixed them, then some others broke them again, then some others fixed some and broke others. :D
Post automatically merged:

Huh okay so I'm not crazy, it's not just me. I did actually end up sending an official report. I know that the DLC is supposed to have something to do with the combat zone inside the stadium. Maybe someone was messing around with the stadium's references and what not and broke it. The smoke I can't explain or the pixelated neon signs
Thanks for doing that. Hopefully they will get it right with the next patch.

BTW, my neon signs are not that pixellated... Only the smoke. Go figure...

Last edited:
I think it has nothing to do with the expansion, I've seen these LOD issues various times over these two years, like missing meshes, inverse LOD and such. Some patches fixed them, then some others broke them again, then some others fixed some and broke others. :D
Quite true tbh, doubt we will ever know what caused it..

All the steam and smoke in NC became pixelated like hell after 1.61. I can't believe they didn't notice it.
photomode_11112022_012110.png

I went to the same spot you took the screen. Well, the first time everything was fine and I could see the stadium with no problems even from a certain distance, then I exited the game, loaded the save again and now I always get the same LOD issue you have shown. Also the volumetric smoke effects are very pixellated...
I think everyone experiencing this should report the bug to CDPR.

All the steam and smoke in NC became pixelated like hell after 1.61. I can't believe they didn't notice it.
...as stated above, please report the bug.

I know this is a relatively old topic, but unfortunately the pixelated cloud and smoke effects are still present in version 2.0, , although confirmed by CDPR in late 2022! Why is that?

I know this is a relatively old topic, but unfortunately the pixelated cloud and smoke effects are still present in version 2.0, , although confirmed by CDPR in late 2022! Why is that?
So are lots of other things like the chrome'ish looking skin under certain lighting conditions, combined with a plethora of new bugs apparently. It's just getting tiresome at this point. I know it's a big game and all that, and bugs happen, but I would expect such things to be fixed after such a long time and in a game that is first and foremost about immersing myself in the world, these things are so incredibly offputting and extremely annoying to me, to the point where I just dont even play the game. It makes me kinda sad, tbh.

Top Bottom