Something about originality (avatars and usernames)

+
I'm a large fan of both Tolkien and Peter Jackson's Middle Earth. The villains are my favorite. However, "The Mouth Of Sauron" isn't as unique and is harder to abbreviate. Thus, I went with Lurtz, who is technically of Orthanc, though he's never referred to that way in any of the promotional material or merch from the films. Thus, it's LOTR while still being slightly unique. It's my handle for most things, including eBay and Steam.

My real name is far too famous/outlandish to use as an online handle. So I stick with stuff from the fiction that I love.

These forums are my first forums of any kind so I didn't know what to pick- I was watching Blackadder at the time, so I just picked the name of a funny character from that show, and also because I like how "flashheart" sounds; makes me thing of nudisco (best genre of music, ever). I put a "cmdr" in the front because I love strategy games.

Then I decided I wanted something more video-gamey, and I was playing Transformers WFC at the time and found out that the show is on Netflix(!), and I always liked Silverbolt :] I even played him while doing co-op with friends in WFC, and yeah, that was fun :D/>

So, that's that.

@ all the Tolkien fans: solidarity :brofist:

Well, this one is more than 8 years old, first was sn00py but decided to take out the y, also played with eXtreme on Lineage 2 days, C3/C4/Interlude

Well. Not much of a backstory to my nickname, is it now? Mariobros is the very fist game i have ever played, and in an MMO or two relatively recently, i put it as a nickname also. 777 is a triplet of numbers that i totally ignore their meaning or relative symbolism, yet it is easy to remember, 7 is said to be a special number, and above all, it is NOT 666!

mine is just the result of a lack of imagination lol
I've been using it for about a decade or so on various places, was there always as far as I can remember.

Aditya is my first/real name, and I just added the title of one of my most favorite games of all time to it, Prince of Persia Warrior Within. The name just got stuck with me since then. And if there's a site which doesn't allow such huge names, I instead go with adityadragoniyer, with just a dragon inserted in between my first and last name (again a product of lack of imagination) :p You'll find me at steam, alienware and other forums with this other name.

Mine is very boring.
When I started using the internet I chose the nick: master-vivi. I was a big Final Fantasy fan back in the days and could identify myself with vivi. Then as it happened it was often taken, so I changed it into another nickname which had the name vivi into it. Having registered myself with that nick on a couple of websites I rather don't want to be found at, I decided to start a new nickname.

I randomly made up the word/name: Senter. It stuck with me and I have been using it since. Sadly sometimes it's already taken so I take the name: Senteria. I just added the i and a.
Thus my nick is completely out of the blue and has no backstory whatsoever.

Mine is very interesting, prepare to hear a story about love, passion and betrayal..not really :p.
I really liked a nickname "Red Dog" but a thousand people used that nickname already, so I just turned it into "redog", that sounded even cooler but that was also already used :D.
So I added a zero to it and turned it into Red0og and be done with it.
So it doesnt mean anything, it just sounded cool to me.I used my real name before for some time.

R3cK (or R3cki like the xbl tag) short form of reckless that changed in good old counterstrike times

Mine is very usual I'd say, the meaning should be clear and it's coming from one of my favorite movies "Blade"

Guest 2091327

Interesting thread. I've had this name for a long time, at least a decade. There are several reasons why I chose it, and they all sort of relate, but on the basis it's simple. Pangaea (sometimes spelled Pangea) means the landmass on Earth that existed hundreds of millions of years ago, when it was all more or less united. Later they spread and formed the continents we know today. Back in my childhood I was interested in geology and especially dinosaurs, so it made sense. There is also a hope for the future in the name, a worldview not unlike what you will hear in the song "Imagine" by John Lennon. We are one race and all these artificial boundaries are creating all kinds of conflicts. I am aware it's a naive idea, as humans would probably find something to fight over if only two were left on the planet, but I like the idea of our race finding peace at some point, which I picture by the re-unification of our continents. It's a nice thought if nothing else.

It therefore kind of goes full circle. Interested in geology and dinosaurs as a kid, and the name comes from the continent active at the time. Now humans rule the world, but do nothing but fight each other over often petty matters. But hopefully, at some point in the distant future, we can get over this eternal state of war, and unite again, like the continent Pangaea once was.

Adityathewarriorwithin said:
mine is just the result of a lack of imagination lol

Mine is even less imaginative haha.
My name just comes from my name (Lars Mossige-Norheim) mostly because I've had so many different user names in the past wich were awful, so I just said F it, I'll use my real name.

I've used mine since elementary school. We used to read this epic comics featuring Bizgeci, a feathered spieces living in savana. Cause I identify myself well with those creatures and like the word bizgec I chose to be named bizgec.
Translation of word bizgec is found in my signature.

Also a link to Bizgeci cartoon: Cartoon Bizgeci

I chose this name because I found it when I read Ovid's Metamorphoses.
It means "messenger of the gods".

I love mythology.

I used to use a variation of my name and still do on one site I use regularly. Having grown up in New Zealand I've always followed the All Blacks. After they won the rugby world cup I started using variations of All Blacks Rugby World Cup hence BlackRWC.

Volsung said:
You mean Jesus is Sauron? Now THAT's a theory!

Edit: Oh wait, you mean that's your name. Nevermind. I like the Sauron theory though.

this is correct, sometime i'm Sauron with my enemy lol
this is another part of my nickname.

Mine... Lets see no secret i like elves and particular one elf so i figured i want elves too so my name became Elves4me2 ;)

My friends friend called me marcoolio for quite some time. Learned about it only after few months and it just kind of stuck with me.

Csszr said:
Yes, I hate that I didn't continue learning your language. But knowing German and my native tongue already felt like a hassle. Along with the fact I was teaching myself Hungarian. If only schools could afford to offer a wider option of languages.

You know, it’s never too late to start over… ;) But you are right, sometimes it's very difficult to teach yourself online (of course, that depends on the selected language as well).

Csszr said:
I put a "cmdr" in the front because I love strategy games.

I assume you are into Command & Conquer games, then?!

Csszr said:
Also a link to Bizgeci cartoon: Cartoon Bizgeci

Thanks for sharing, it looks cool. I like these kind of cartoons. :)

Top Bottom