"Something ends, something begins..." What were your best moments from The Witcher 3?

+
I avoided the spoilers .
But from the story point of view, it was sure for me she cant be dead at the moment.
I have this problem also with many movies. If they show a Body i immediately start saying he/she's not dead or we see him/her later again.
Many times i'm right , and sometimes it's really annoying :D

I personally think it wasn't really about her being death, but it was the fact that we saw Geralt really emotionally depressed for the first time! And just the whole Scene with the Music....that scene could have been made by Christopher Nolan and the Soundtrack by Hans Zimmer, just because it was sooo great!

Yep, this one.

Ah yeah that was great! :D

I avoided the spoilers .
But from the story point of view, it was sure for me she cant be dead at the moment.
I have this problem also with many movies. If they show a Body i immediately start saying he/she's not dead or we see him/her later again.
Many times i'm right , and sometimes it's really annoying :D
By the most movies I must agree with you!!! ;)
But by CDPR... ;) In my opinion there could have been a big surprise... In the first moment I had thought it could have had something to do with the false Ciri. So one of them both might have been dead... ;)

By the most movies I must agree with you!!! ;)
But by CDPR... ;) In my opinion there could have been a big surprise... In the first moment I had thought it could have had something to do with the false Ciri. So one of them both might have been dead... ;)

Lol, just imagine....that would have been the biggest Plot Twist since Knights of the Old Republic ! ;)

---------- Post Merged at 09:44 PM ----------

I also forgot...the whole Witcher 3 + DLCs soundtrack...I mean do you remember when you land for the first time in Skellige and this song started to play?

I cannot describe how I just felt during the first visit in Skellige - such beautiful place...nostalgic song...definitely one of the best moments in the game for me...

Hell yeah! You were literally in another World! *.*

I personally think it wasn't really about her being death, but it was the fact that we saw Geralt really emotionally depressed for the first time! And just the whole Scene with the Music....that scene could have been made by Christopher Nolan and the Soundtrack by Hans Zimmer, just because it was sooo great!

But by CDPR... In my opinion there could have been a big surprise... In the first moment I had thought it could have had something to do with the false Ciri. So one of them both might have been dead...

Both of you are right and btw, i never thought about the false ciri in that scene.
The problem for me is only, when you enter the room and you already think "she's alive" it's already too late .
The whole scenario loses his drama and emotions.

The End of that scene was already clear for me before it happened. For me it was just too obvious.
Hard to explain :D

another funny detail: whe Geralt first finds Keira, and he asks questions, and Keira wants something in return for the information and Geralt answers
"would you like a half dozen eggs?" Geralt ist the boss

1- Everything related to Kaer Morhen (all of it).
2- Geralt reunion with Ciri scene (most favourite scene of mine in a videogame, maybe will never ever be beaten).
3- Scenes of a Marriage questline in Hearts of Stone.
4- Talk with Regis in Blood and Wine.
5- Lady of the Lake in Blood and Wine, damn nostalgia attack.
6- Fight with Olgeird at the burning mansion.
7- Fight with Imlerith, though the sabbath could have been darker.
8- The final fight right until the White Frost bullshit happens.
9- The epilogues are well done.
10- Through Time and Space until they screwed up the dream sequence of Auberon and Eredin.
11- Where the Cat and the Wolf play.
12- Priscilla's song scene.
13- Rest of the game.

In addition to all mentioned above I was amazed by Tower of Mice quest and it's consequences.

If you'll act plain and direct "as a knight" you will be deceived two times in a row - first time by women's ghost and then by Keira herself with the result of death of fisherman and sorceress. But if you reload and then act more cleverly, everything will end well.
That was a very good screenplay and it makes you perceive game more seriously and weight your decisions before acting.

I think I should split my list into "strongly positive moments", "strongly negative moments" and "strongly haunting moments".

Strongly Positive Moments:
1. From end of conversation with Steingrim until end of conversation with Yennefer at the docks.
2. Anything involving Regis
3. Ciri Witcheress, the moment when the hooded person in the inn turns out to be her, until the start of the finishing movie.
4. The whole "no place like home" situation still makes me laugh silly.
5. Ciri on Isle of the Mists, when the magic lightblob did its job.

Strongly Negative/Sad Moments, this is leage of "reload" or "never do this again":

1. Baron's suicide.
2. Keira's fate without intervention.
3. Lambert after Battle of Kaer Morhen if Keira is not there.
4. Ciri empress ending.
5a. not using Axii on Ronvid of the Small Marches or whats his name ("Draw Your Weapon!"), knowing about the noticeboard posting about Billberry.
5b. not granting death to the corpse cart dude when meeting him again.
5c. the lines of contract giver of Missing Son at the end of this contract.

And two of the most haunting moments in my gaming history:
1. My first time though Possession.
2. My first time through Novigrad, Closed City 2.

I think I should elaborate these two. :p

In my first time through Possession, I went with Cerys' plot and had no idea what her plot would have been. When the choice between "put baby in the oven" and "give Udalryk the baby" appeared, I put it in the oven. Then it took quite a while until the next step, because I did not want to fight the guards. Enough time to process what just happened. I think I arrived at the thought: "yeah, what's one child vs removing this monster, fits the orphans vs. baron thing". Then some more moments of "what did I just think?". Then I actually tried to finish the fight by surrendering. Well, due to hanged man's venom, one bled out sufficiently before it would have been a reload. But yeah, the Hym would definitely have been tricked.

My first time through Novigrad Closed City 2, I was happily following some trail. The trail led to a hurt witchhunter. The questgivers blabbered something about fisstech or whatever, but all I could think of was "no way", and so I told them to do whatever they wanted right on the first impulse. This collided massively with my normal "I help the victim of harassment / attempted murders", and it was a choice done without any thought. The haunting aspect of it is the: "so, what would happen if I ran into some member of some social group who I have strong antipathy for in real life, and that person needed help?"

Last edited:
13- Rest of the game.

That's very good! :D

---------- Post Merged at 12:41 PM ----------

3. Ciri Witcheress, the moment when the hooded person in the inn turns out to be her, until the start of the finishing movie.

I saw some Let's players, and they really actually thought that it would be Yennefer or Triss sitting there waiting for Geralt *lol*

Well, they got a nice Surprise!

So many awesome moments in that game... let's see:
- Meeting Yennefer in White Orchard. I was so happy to see her because I really liked her in the books and always felt that she should be included in the games.
- Bloody Baron Quest. What a ride.
- Finding Ciri on the Isle of Mists - I actually cried because it was so powerful and I had waited so long to see this.
- Being at the wedding with Shani - just hilarious :)
- Defeating the Crones and then realising that one got away - I'm still angry about that
- The tension before the finale - when Ciri had her flashbacks, I was really, really nervous because I didn't know which ending I would get (I had avoided spoilers). Then, when I found myself back in White Orchard, I confused it with Velen (because Geralt was in a swampy area) and was utterly confused. Even when Geralt picked up the sword, I didn't get the hint *lol* Only when he rode into White Orchard and the game told me to go to the tavern - that was the moment when I knew Ciri had survived and that I'd get a good ending. I was SO happy :D
- Beating the crap out of Imlerith, Caranthir and Eredin *hehe*
- Equine Phantoms - such a fun quest :)
- Telling Yen at the end of The Las Wish that the love was real - another moment that made me cry because it was beautifully done
- Geralt being part of that play in Novigrad and not having a clue what he was doing on stage *lol*
- that small quest in Velen that involves an old woman and her dead husband - very moving
- the whole Tower of Mice quest - great ghost story and even though I felt that something was very wrong there, I helped Annabelle because I pitied her and thought she had suffered enough.
- Gaunter O'Dim. What a great villain!
- Receiving Aerondight. I love that sword.
- the witchers getting totally wasted at Kaer Morhen :D
- Vesemir's death
- the Archespores. Seriously. I like them even though they spew poison and are a nuisance but still... they were among the first monsters you encounter during the first Witcher game so they are special. Them and the barghests :)
- Toussaint, especially the knights and their way of talking - always cracks me up. Also, Toussaint is such a beautiful country and a sight for sore eyes after the depressing landscape that is Velen

- Finding Ciri on the Isle of Mists - I actually cried because it was so powerful and I had waited so long to see this.

- The tension before the finale - when Ciri had her flashbacks, I was really, really nervous because I didn't know which ending I would get (I had avoided spoilers). Then, when I found myself back in White Orchard, I confused it with Velen (because Geralt was in a swampy area) and was utterly confused. Even when Geralt picked up the sword, I didn't get the hint *lol* Only when he rode into White Orchard and the game told me to go to the tavern - that was the moment when I knew Ciri had

I never had to cry in any game really....till TW3!

But that Scene, and the Ciri Flashback Scene in the end made me both cry a bit!
Never felt something like that in any other Game!

Just found a interesting Quest in Toussaint after Hours of playing BaW!

It was about a Woman who transformed into a tree, while waiting for her lover to come back! So a Wood-chopper guy found that tree, and wanted to free her, so maybe he could live with her together...i don't know but i guess so. So i won't spoiler how and why she was transformed into a Tree and so on. And how it ended! But well what i say is that it did not end in the favor of the Wood-chopper guy but it was still a more or less good ending.

Okay now what i really wanted to tell:

So after that, Geralt said to that Guy: "and they lived happily ever after", it isn't like that very often, sadly!"

I don't know but....that Quote got me! And i was thinking the whole time about that Quote after the quest! Can't explain why...

Last edited:
Just found a interesting Quest in Toussaint after Hours of playing BaW!

It was about a Woman who transformed into a tree, while waiting for her lover to come back! So a Wood-chopper guy found that tree, and wanted to free her, so maybe he could live with her together...i don't know but i guess so. So i won't spoiler how and why she was transformed into a Tree and so on. And how it ended! But well what i say is that it did not end in the favor of the Wood-chopper guy but it was still a more or less good ending.

Yeah that was a nice little side quest! And I managed to mess it up 2 times imao. I basically forgot to read the book the woodcutter dude gave me first time, and then there was a certain book on the desk of the witch you also needed to read? Lol but again still a nice one, even this little one had kinda different (possible) endings.

And to answer the OP's question on this thread:

- The beginning scene or dream scene at Kaer Morhen, and just taking in that view of the mountain pass....damn that was so goood. I just knew a freaking awesome adventure was awaiting me.
- Yennefer's entrance at White Orchard, I mean shit just got serious on a whole new level xD (right onto business no dili daling).
- Wandering in the dark + A tower full of mice.
- Meeting the crones, starting already when talking to them in carpet form + that soundtrack ladies of the woods *shivers*
- The funeral scene when meeting up with Yennefer at Skellige + the wake quest.
- Stranger in a strange land.
- The cave of dreams.
- Possession (when you see the hyme emerge from the shadows.......damn)
- The last wish.
- All of the Kaer Morhen quests.
- Reuniting with Ciri on the isle of mists.
- Ciri becoming empress ending.
- Geralt and Yennefer eavesdropping on Ciri and then their reactions.
- Entering the tavern and losing myself in The Wolven Storm .

Hearts of stone
- Meeting with Olgierd for the second time and then ending up fighting him.
- The moment Geralt got captured and makes a deal with Gaunter.
- Wedding quest (I always lose on purpose with gwent just to get those ass ears + let's not forget that stuffed piggy)
- Entering the painted world of Iris and talking about her past..man I felt so sorry.

Blood and wine
- Entering Toussaint, again taking in the landscapes for the first time.
- Meeting up with Anna Henrietta at the arena and when she starts to talk about Dandelion + her tearing off her dress.
- Warble of a smitten knight quest, I really loved this imao specially the tourney and how Geralt looks at that gigantic knight xD
- Meeting up with Regis (that was soo gooood).
- The Hunger Game quest, just uncovering what happend to Marlene and how to set her free. etc
- The Beast of Toussaint, at the palace gardens. That moment Geralt has to lure the fake unicorn + him diving in the lake and trampling the golden fish right before those random people hahaha.
- Right after that quest, chasing Dettlaff.
- Attending the festival with Anna Henrietta + the talk with the three vampires club. (that was akward and awesome at the same time)
- Discovery about Anna's sister Syanna.
- Receiving the letter from Yennefer.
- The land of a thousand fables, when I realised I trampled Thumbelina and her go 'Eeeeeeeeeek!' priceless. Geralt trying to wipe the blood off his boots. Oh and the wicked witch fight, I seriously had to pause the game because that laugh of hers made me laugh.
- The final talk with Syanna and convincing her to forgive her sister.
- The sisters talk and reconcile (Oh so heart warming)
- Final talk with Regis
- Yennefer at Corvo Bianco.

There are so many great moments in this game but yeah I will leave it at that now.

Last edited:
So much great things, but I'll just add (not in any order) the most memorable moments :)

When I first got out from White Orchard and realized HOW big this game is and how wonderful that world really is + music
Bloody Baron
First meeting with the Crones
Fuck off vampire
Gwent
Baby + oven choice (the first set is just like me back then http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...n-Art-Thread?p=2865000&viewfull=1#post2865000)
Possessed Geralt at the wedding
Gaunter and the spoon scene
Unseen Elder cave
When both sister die at my first BAW tour

1. Chose only one moment
2. Chose an endless number of special moments
3. So long!

Oh! and.... All those words unspoken by Geralt but his facial expresions or silences (aka hiden smile when he leaves Emhyr after say him Ciri's fatal fate, at one of the endings). Each blink to the books details, and Ciri's first meet, Vesemir's funeral. those unexpected spot losts in the whole maps...

But my favorite one, all that we cannot see what happen behind that tapestry in Kaer Trolde....

Last edited:
Oh! and.... All those words unspoken by Geralt but his facial expresions or silences (aka hiden smile when he leaves Emhyr after say him Ciri's fatal fate, at one of the endings).

Yeah, they really did a great Job with these! :)

But the expressions of Ciri and Geralt were really the best!

Top Bottom