"Something ends, something begins..." What were your best moments from The Witcher 3?

+
The best moment in the game is when I started playing it and the worst moment is when you done with the game( till you realize you can start it all over again). There is not one moment playing the game that stood out more for me. Just the fact that every turn you make there is spectacular scenery, or something new to discover. This is by far the best game I have played. Cdpr has managed to play on all my emotions, from excitement to feeling sad( you become part of the world in the game and get to know the characters). Which is why it is difficult for me to pick on moment.

The best moment in the game is when I started playing it and the worst moment is when you done with the game( till you realize you can start it all over again). There is not one moment playing the game that stood out more for me. Just the fact that every turn you make there is spectacular scenery, or something new to discover. This is by far the best game I have played. Cdpr has managed to play on all my emotions, from excitement to feeling sad( you become part of the world in the game and get to know the characters). Which is why it is difficult for me to pick on moment.

I have started and finished the game 5 times but still I haven't done with it :p

I lost count on how many times I have played and finished this game. It is so hard for me to get into another game these days xD

It's soo good that we cannot stop playing it! That's the fact! Nobody want's to leave that game, the world, the characters, the atmosphere! Everybody wants more!

That's when you know that a game is beyond perfection! :geraltfeelgood:

My best moment: at the very end when I watched on smiling Ciri sitting near Geralt in tavern in witcheress ending and realising that all my decisions through Witcher1-Witcher2-Witcher3 over 8 years of playing this saga (since 2007 of W1) led to this ending where Ciri do not need to be in exile or forced to be whom she don't wanna be. And I would not change any of those decisions as I achieved most important goal - Ciri's happiness.
:affection:

So speaking of something beginning... I just started another Witcher 1 playthrough- RIP Leo! I think I have a witcher problem....

And while revisiting W1, I found "Sad Albert" in the basement and... well, look closely :'(

Last edited:
Cant narrow down one specific thing but off the top of my head:

- Fight with the Griffin in White Orchard
- Carrying the Botchling
- combat in the swamps around the Oprphans with the lazare music
- The Unicorn..."Scene"
- Fighting the Ice giant and tricking the Hymm.
- The contract on Ancient Leshen if you renew the pact
-Finding Ciri
- Battle for Kaer Morhen with full crew.
-Climbing the mountain with Yen after the fight with Eredin
-Witcheress ending
- fighting the Shaealmar in the tourney
- several fights with the Baw combat music.
- Second fightwith Detlaff.
-Getting Aerondight
- Geralt being awarded the medal.
- Yen showing up at Corvo Bianco
- Breaking the 4th wall with Regis.

The number one best moment for me was Regis showing up alive. He's far and away my favorite book character, and he's the perfect friend for closing out the series.

Yeah, it was really cool to see him again!

And yes, he was definitly one of the best written Characters in The Witcher 3!
There was also just something special about him...i don't know...it was the perfect friend for the perfect ending i guess...:)

And yes, he was definitly one of the best written Characters in The Witcher 3!
There was also just something special about him...i don't know...it was the perfect friend for the perfect ending i guess...

One great thing about Regis is he's a monster who is more human than most humans. Like a witcher, he's an outsider, a freak, someone to be feared and hated, but he has the wisdom and personality to live peacefully among humans. By conventional thinking a witcher and a vampire should be enemies, but sometimes the "enemy" is the one who understands you the best.

Unhit

Forum regular
All of the "social" events (the party at the Vegelbud's, vampire dinner after the Mandragora party, and, of course and especially, the Brunwich wedding). They were all so well done and really contributed by bringing the game alive, and making you feel part of a world that is not just about fighting monsters. In my opinion, these scenes are what makes this game shine so much more than anything else I played so far, because they are, in some sense, so non-game-y.

One of the, or probably the, saddest moments for me was in the Ciri empress ending when I saw the Nilfgaardian flags, first thought "wait, what?", then, as it progressed, realized what was going to happen. I didn't mind the outcome. In fact, I was quite pleased with it. But at that point it came so sudden and surprising and really caught me off guard. Coupled with the fact that it also came with the realization that the game was over, tears were shed, not just by Geralt.

And so many, many, many more moments I can't even begin to document them all and hope to provide an exhaustive list. There are so many amazing things in small quests, or just side remarks, various dialogue branches, and so on -- and of course the major stuff connected to the main quests. The game made me feel part of the world, made me feel I was that Geralt, and therefore even small events often had major emotional impact. Furthermore, many of the moments I enjoyed a lot were instances of where the game exceeded at being so awesome at being (self)referential and aware of itself without spoiling immersion. The fourth-wall-breaking at the end of BaW has already been mentioned. But I also greatly enjoyed the Paper Chase quest in BaW, at which I shaked my head in disbelief multiple times while thinking "seriously, how hilariously awesome is this?", or the Gwent Purists during the Beauclair tourney (now my sample is somewhat biased towards BaW -- memories of it are still more recent and lucid).

What else? Well I guess I could practically add any of those other moments which were already mentioned :D
Seriously. Best game I ever played.

Edit: Okay, the single most awesome event among a plethora of amazing memories? The "Not bad." response to "Lambert, Lambert, what a prick."

Last edited:
Unhit;n8472660 said:
All of the "social" events (the party at the Vegelbud's, vampire dinner after the Mandragora party, and, of course and especially, the Brunwich wedding). They were all so well done and really contributed by bringing the game alive, and making you feel part of a world that is not just about fighting monsters. In my opinion, these scenes are what makes this game shine so much more than anything else I played so far, because they are, in some sense, so non-game-y.

That's what so many other Developers don't understand in my Opinion. It's not about filling the World with many unnecessary tasks and collectibles and stuff.., it's about bringing the Spirit of an World to the player with "events" or interactions that are...uncommon but still fit into the World. Same with the Fairy tail World in Blood and Wine.

Unhit;n8472660 said:
Seriously. Best game I ever played.

Without any doubt! ;) :happy2:

There's something that brings me back to the Witcher world after two years since the game was published. I keep saying to myself that I still need to get that last achievement (the one about the horse races) as an excuse to justify spending hours of my spare time on a game that I've already played, while the backlog keeps growing.
So, I keep playing this game again and again because:

- Yennefer, finally!
- Yennefer and Geralt, finally!
- small Ciri! So cute;
- the awe I felt when wandering across White Orchard for the first time;
- the Baron storyline, everything about it is perfect, so much so that the rest of the game seems dull and empty in comparison;
- Anabelle and Graham's tragic story and everything else about "A towerful of mice" quest;
- saving the "Princess", which makes you feel like an idiot, and Geralt too feels like an idiot, although an amused one;
- the random small sidequests that I've never happened to get twice during different walkthroughs (the old lady ghost, where is she?);
- Priscilla's song;
- Geralt and Yennefer banter;
- well, Gwent...
- that Higher Vampire in Novigrad that tells us to f*** off when we wake him up and it's not 1358 yet;
- Dandelion, because, who wouldn't want a friend like him? Anybody? Ok...
- getting rid of Triss;
- cruising the sea and the rivers on boat, despite the annoying mermaids;
- "you smell wonderful at this funeral";
- all the pop culture references, especially those in Toussaint;
- the music in Skellige;
- everything in Skellige;
- Geralt, Eskel and Lambert drunken and wearing Yen's clothes;
- Vlodimir von Everec;
- meeting with Shani again, I like that girl;
- entering Iris' painting, the guilt I felt when releasing her spirit/leaving her there in her loneliness;
- the ridiculousness that permeates Toussaint;
- Regis;
- the ridiculous battle rap with Mancomb/Guybrush (and its obvious reference to Monkey Island) that hmade me wonder what the heck did just happen;
- talking Roach;
- the ridiculous pictures of Geralt and the first ever selfie/selfie bomb in history;
- renovating Corvo Bianco;
- that final moment with Regis, and all seems said and done, and "farewell my old friend... will I ever see you again?" moment that had me on the verge of tears.

Well, I'd better stop here, there are so many things that I love in this game that I could go on and on and on for hours.

Last edited:
I've just completed Get Junior! and the ending parts of the quest I will remember for a long time. Climbing up the stairs in Jr's house, seeing his depravity -- in the end I had no hesitation whatsoever in choosing to kill him.

Top Bottom