Something ends, something begins.

+
Something ends, something begins.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is almost here, our wait is almost over. We, as a community, waited 2 or more years for this. Before we dive into the plains of Redania and Temeria, I'd like to thank certain people, community as a whole and also share a small token of gratitude.

Click image to enlarge!

There are 22 forum members and 7 CDPR members in the picture. Find all of them. As before - sorry I couldn't fit all of you. I rushed the image more than I would like anyway.
Also - this image is a joke, please don't take it too personal

The first and the biggest thanks go to my best peeps @Kinley @sidspyker @Totalimmortal @KingHochmeister @Sephira for countless hours of good fun.

Big thanks also goes to: Insurgency group (Enemy team, when? @Alan989 enemy kills, when?), IRC chat( @GHOSTMD , @goopit - you ever leave?), of course The Hairy Bear, hipsters from Music Thread and to @TemerianGirl adorable groupees!
And of course to all the people I had the pleasure to talk with.

Thanks to the mods, for keeping this mess alive and to REDs - especially @Marcin Momot for answering my stupid questions patiently and to @theta77 , who forgot about me and my Q&A ;_; (my faith is still strong)

Yet.

The statement below will be personal, yet I think shared by some here.

We had great moments, but also awful, pitiful moments, especially in the recent months. The more we were close to the release, the more uneasy about the game, but more so, about the CD Projekt RED. I was the first person to defend the devs, often for a good reason, but now, I'm not so keen to do that.
It's understandable to make a mistake, even couple of them, but in recent weeks all you did, was making mistakes (aside from the glorious CGI trailer, which was my only uplifting moment of the recent days)
And, paraphrasing Jeremy Clarkson - All that makes me feel, is sad. I don't see the old CDPR rebel soul anymore.

It's not about the grass being too green, or the textures being a bit bad. It's not about the Microsoft deal. It's not about the downgrade and console parity, per se.
It's about disappointing so many people, because of the lack of any information, about fragmenting the community and forgetting about your roots. You were loved by all of the people, even by pirates and 4chan. Now, they hate on you. You blew it, spectacularly.

I understand, making games is business and you need a lot of money to make a game like this, make sacrifices to stay alive. But it's just too much.
You need transparency. Have the balls to state to your customers, why you did the thing, they didn't like. And here we are, radio silence and PR speak. Ignoring the consumer's rage is not a long term solution. This is why Valve, a company that CDPR seems to be resembling more and more, is getting so much hate, especially recently. People started to realize, their care for gamers is just a marketing illusion for making them pay more. Why not do both?

The whole situation is not making me feel angry, betrayed. It's just sad and disappointing. I'm sure the game will be stellar and still look amazing, but please don't go that route.

I still love you

Last edited:
Oh wow, that photoshop is just brilliant! The amount of detail is just staggering. Excellent job @Sagitarii, as always. :)
I'm proudly setting it as my desktop wallpaper, hope you don't mind!

Ah...

Can't believe it's been over two years since Witcher 3 was officially announced, to think that this wait will end very soon... What an amazing journey it has been indeed.

I feel that the wait and the experiences I've shared with everyone here is just as important, if not more so, than playing the game itself. I've made so many friends along the way, read so many interesting and funny stories, witnessed so many meaningful events. I'm tearing up just thinking about it.
I want to thank everyone that has been along for the ride, dev and community member alike. Believe it or not, it's meant a lot for me. Please never change and please, let's show CDPR that this little corner of the internet is indeed still worthy of their attention, even if lately we've had our fair share of vitriol. People come and go, but true fans stay forever.

With the game's release approaching at a rapid pace, we're going to turn yet another page, start anew so to speak. And with that new experiences await us. Both good and bad.
Something ends, something begins, as Sagitarii said.

Again, thank you for everything.
CDPR's passion and love that resonates through everything they do, and I really hope they will never lose it, despite them becoming very popular and bigger as a business.
The community's love for this franchise, these games, this wonderful studio. It has given me endless joy, I felt like I truly belonged here.

And that, my friends, is the ultimate gift one could ask for.

Your ever friendly, and grateful, community bear,
Kinley​

Last edited:
Photoshop god strikes again .... you bastard <3

Not enough watts and grapeshot bombs though :p

Hmm, where to begin ...?

When I first started lurking the forum two and a half years ago, I saw a community that was surprisingly mature and respectful to one another, I spent way too much time than to admit reading all kinds of threads and discussions about the games, then after a while I decided to join this community, I quickly fell in love with how this community was very friendly, always had mature discussions and it had this feeling of longing that you only find when you are surrounded by good people, even on the Internet.

Of course, things are a bit different now, especially with recent events and many threads and posts about a downgrade that CDPR (as @Sagitarii mentioned) failed to handle properly, so I hope they learn from this and try their best not to repeat it in the future, especially for Cyberpunk 2077 <3

Now with all that gloomy stuff out of the way, I have to thank each and every member of this community for the many hours spent on this forum and beyond, especially my skerp peeps <3 and IRC chat crazies <3 and Enemy Team When? Insurgency group <3

For over more than two years I have made real friends, met really cool people, shared many experiences and had countless discussions about things that were mostly ridiculously stupid, sometimes intellectual, but most important of all, the Hairy Bear thread is just paradise on the Internet and you know it.

Damn, I still can't believe it was more than 2 years since Witcher 3 was first announced, time flew by so fast, but one thing's certain, every second of talking with you guys/gals was worth it, this community is something more <3

Last edited:
Great work! Mandatory link to the previous one is missing ;D

I don't want to go much into recent changes, but will just say one thing - if you want your community to stay and not become like most out there, please be more open in general and don't think that overmoderating will suddenly work as a good PR method. It never does.

Last edited:
@Gilrond-i-Virdan
Nor does badgering moderators, forum administrators, and company employees go over well. I'm sorry that you feel it's OK to pelt developers with demands and to accuse them of ignoring you, but hell, no, it's not even close to OK.

Last edited:
SHHH SHHHH ... you there.... yes exactly you there! Wanna buy some....
DOWNGRADE :p :p :p
heheheh sorry @Sagitarii i just had to :p even if it is said gurmans have no humor :D

May i give you a little heads up here? If you feel CDPR "lost" their rebel heart, well just think
about TW3 is released without any copyprotection, they still do not intent to control their customers
and there is obviously still GOG. Hope this help a bit with your sad feeling, true there are deals,
and all the fancy stuff and of course the fact that the PR might made some mistakes.
But everthing in life has a price... so might have "STAY REBEL" don' t you think?

But i think, no other company out there takes the risk these days to release a game complete
without any copyprotection. IF that is not swimming against the stream, well then i don' t know
what else it would be ;)

THX for this great picture :heart: ; to your question to the pit of hype rats ...
the answer is NEIN! once you joined this desperate crazy place ... it stains you
and you will carry it with you the whole time, you can' t escape the PIT OF HYPE!

Besides :D heheh we might leave this place alone for a while when TW3 is released ;)

But i also share the sad feeling, i still know how i enjoyed my start here in the Forums
in 2013 (real join date) in the Yennefer vs Triss thread... and how THIS turned out.
Just great discussion, weird theorizing, even close to hot argumenting who is better.

I feel sad now because the forums change now and unfortunatly it seems not
to become a better place :( , guess that is not unexpected... still sad. We might
send in Geralt to:

chop and slice them, gut and dice them ;)
I would also thank all the ppl here they know me, discuss with me...
hell even correct me, i enjoy this so much ;)

Excellent work there @Sagitarii.

I'm not really good with words so this post will not be as long as some other. There are already posts in this thread which say what I can't. All I can say that this may be the best community I've ever met in the internet. It actually makes me kind of sad that the wait is now over, the time here in anticipation with some heated debates, funny times in the Hairy Bear and incredible fanart. Something ends. But I hope to see you all again after our 100th playthrough for another several years of discussions about the expansions, and on the other side, in the CP forum. Something begins.

A word also to the REDs (I hope some of them stumble across this thread): You can be really proud of what you have achieved. Not only 3 of the best games I've ever played (I can't really imagine TW3 not being an absolute masterpiece) but you also made it possible to gather a (mature) community of people from all over the world that goes beyond the mere blind fanboyism for the games.

I love you all guys and gals! :comeatmebro:

Well, that may sound more like a farewell but it surely isn't. :hai:

Thank you to allow me lying on the table ;). You are a special human, one of those who don't forget to keep my dish filled with tuna.
Absolutly a great and dedicated work, Sagi. Congratulations and thank you so much for having the deference to include me i it.

PS Off.topic

if you grant the right to reasonable doubt, the error is no longer so and becomes a possible error or possible success.

I can not judge someone who does not talk about his motives. But when he does, who am I to tell if acted right or wrong? I can tell how I feel about his actions, it is legitimate, but they in turn will not be able to judge my motives

Brief, I cannot say CDPR have made a mistake with their silence. I cannot say that CDPR have divided the comunity with their silence. To me, those who are giving their opinions as unappealable true axioms without any funded prove even before having played the game, these can be who have bring a posssible rupture in this comunity.

Last edited:
Whoa... Photoshop wizard strikes again. Simply amazed.

But epicness aside, this means a lot to me. The very first thread I opened after a long ass time (because ages ago, I only lurked for book infos and TW2 when i didn't have the rig to run it. but without a profile), was that 2014 pre-E3 official thread with IRC chat link... and in the OP was sagi's last year pic of forums prominent community members. I didn't know basically anyone from the picture, although I met few in the IRC witcher chat and that friendship still holds,It was also my first redpoint giving when I made the profile.
And now, after a year, here I am on the new, some might say improved version of photoshop wizard's vision of our glorious community, squatting the heavy burden of kebab removal responsibility (I never asked for this) next to my polebro(s)
This is the only gaming forum on which I ever made a profile on, and I would not trade it for the world, just for this special atmosphere, people, and devs that are unmatched in their interaction with the community on and off the forums, and in being badasses in general.

Thank you all for being this awesome, and stay strong and positive, TW3 is not the end of story for these parts, it is just another chapter to share with these dear, kickass gamers, or should I say persons. Cheers until the next updated picture!

That... MSI 970 and Nvidia logo 500000/10.

I dunno, I'd give it a 3.5/4
:^)

Last edited:
This picture is awesome. Just perfect! Makes me want to participate more in the community again. (Have been here less since the forum merge because of technical and afterwards time issues.) The Hairy Bear is still the home of the veterans and some other places as well. And we will stay here, when the hype has quieted down after the release. Makes me think an avatar would finally be a good idea, so that maybe one day I can share a pint with these great people.

Thank you all familiar faces for the good times. Let us not be sad. Let us be happy about the good times we had and will have. :)

You know? It would be great to have a big wallposter with the autograph of every character portrayed in., Ircin, Miles, Damien, all BLUE's Team, Pizza's team and proud Valkies, .... We could accept the lack of Eredin's signature ;)

But yes... It would be a great pic hanging on my wall with such a collection of awesome people gathering in the best of places in the world !

Nice work @Sagitarii, I might have to steal that picture and use it as a desktop background! :)

Now onto the more serious things: I understand why you feel like you do, the info we've been getting is sparse and there's a lot of confusion, I personally have allowed my hype level to drop so I don't get disappointed, but think about it for a minute...If CDPR were to release more info then they would get attacked anyway because the trolls will just complain regardless. It's one of those cases where they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. Some people will always have complain about something as they have nothing better to do with themselves.

Do I want more info? Yes I do, but it's so close to release now that there'd be no point, we'll all find out soon anyway on Tuesday and through the week since I'm willing to wager that a lot of our fellow forumites will be playing the Witcher 3 on those days leaving this place rather empty. Just keep up the hope. mate! :)

@Alan989

So fucking true, it would ve blew up anyway, is exactly what Fabian Döhla said for PCGH
article. CM for germany, austria, schwizz. They even lie obviously (not here) writing down
false facts for official videos. So clearly they "complain" for the sake of the fuss they cause.

@Marcin Momot

Np Marcin, i ll stick with you, no matter what, there is only one switch that would cause me turning
my back at CDPR and GoG. My signature should made clear which one that is ;) . You' re awesome
guys and i am sure TW3 will blow us away on thuesday (me 2 hopefully if the shipement is in time)
:D. Tell the devs they just don' t give in TO deep in this crap, that is going on in the TW3 subforum ;)

As always, after you post, you remember, you were about to mention so much more.

But I will add one more thing, because my post turned a bit too sour, for my liking.

I really appreciate the work and heart all devs (also these working hard, behind the cameras and the spotlight.) have put into the game. I can only realize how hard and tiring it was (I've got a little taste of that feeling myself, with that image I've made)

Especially, when you work most of your day in crunch time, devote your whole life basically and in your short spare time you read that your work sucks. Terrible feeling.
So, thanks again.

Top Bottom