Something ends. Weird feeling begins.

+
Something ends. Weird feeling begins.

Hi everyone.

So, i just ended the main quest after three intensive weeks of playing Witcher 3. I think the best word to express my experience is, without a doubt, "Definitely great" (Well, two words then).

But i just saw something horrible, i had goosebumps because of that:
A black window. In the middle, something writed: "The story of Geralt of Rivia has now ended".

I knew W3 was going to be the end of Geralt's story. Though, this is hard to believe; even more hard to accept.
Even though my game ended with a happy ending, i'm feeling melancholic.

Triss, Yen, Ciri, Zoltan, Dandelion, Geralt, the universe itself. This is indescribable. This was perfect. It seems this is the end too.

I just wanted to express my feelings; it might seem childish and selfish, but this is how i truly feel now.

Besides that, thank you CD Projekt. Thank you for these three wonderful games. I'm definitely glad i could play them (You just can't imagine how i felt when i received my CE at home, just like a child).

(And sorry if i made mistake, i'm not native english speaker)

I can certainly relate your feeling as I kinda feel the same. I still get goosebumps on certain scenarios even on my 3rd playthroughs (refuse to end it ) :)

great message and coudn't agree more... truth be told though just because it's the end of geralt story it doesn't mean in particular we won't be seeing him in future games... witchers live for a lot of time and I doubt they're going to set the next game 500 or more years after witcher 3, not to mention ciri, being who she is, still has a lot of things to be told so I'm sure we will see most of these characters in the future... or at least I hope so

Yeah... I have grown extremely attached to the characters and the world of "The Witcher", it does feels weird not to experience, or wait for, new adventures with Geralt :) But alas... "Something ends, something begins" eh? Cyberpunk, for starters :)
Then there is the likely possibility of another TW game in the rather distant future, with another main character... But what the hell, I´m only in the middle of my second playthrough and hardly explored Skellige in the first, so there is still plenty of "new", not to mention the expansion packs... Including Toussant! I hope Dandy comes with, would love for him have an explosive "rendesvous" with the Duchess! :D :D

Last edited:
I know exactly what you mean. I just made a thread about this yesterday.

It's the exact same feeling I get whenever I finish (re)reading Lord of The Rings. At least I'm not like my sister's father-in-law who cries every time he watches it :p

Well, he is not dead at least. All of the characters you know and love lives still. They could have killed him in all endings, insult you because you didn't like this singular ending and claim it was "artistic integrity".. If you get my meaning..

Obviously, i'm not the only one to feel this way and i'm really glad to read such posts. Thank you.

I'm really looking forward for Cyberpunk, sure. But i think the Witcher games reached the paroxism: the work of Mr. Sapkowski is wonderful and CDP made it even better. How could another game give you such feelings ? I think this will never happen again, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Top Bottom