Something that proves CDPR lying to us?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is constructive criticism, calling out problems, issues, false marketing etc.

Then there is feeding the rage monster and click baiting that has created a terrible gaming culture that regurgitates toxicity and bile.

No matter the veneer you wrap it up in saying "CD Projekt are all liars" makes an environment where people feel it's ok to go and attack developers, writers, artists.
CDPR is rolling in hundreds of millions in profit on an unfinished mess of a game, but yeah, it's the "terrible gaming culture" that is the problem.

CDPR is rolling in hundreds of millions in profit on an unfinished mess of a game, but yeah, it's the "terrible gaming culture" that is the problem.

CD Projekt is not a person - it is the registered name of a company.

Saying CD Projekt are all liars implies that every person throughout the company from artists, the writers, to the people who clean the office out of hours or handle the gardens are all liars and conspiring against you, when they only had their own jobs to do and those individuals are not rollilng in those millions of dollars.

That's the problem.

Titles like the one for his video make it ok for people to go, well they have millions - I'll go attack this concept artist on twitter or facebook because they = CD Projekt.

Edit : I'm not saying don't attack the problems, I'm saying specifically to attack the problems - but words matter. How you word things to attack those problems, matter.

Saying CD Projekt are all liars implies that every person throughout the company from artists, the writers, to the people who clean the office out of hours or handle the gardens are all liars and conspiring against you, when they only had their own jobs to do and those individuals are not rollilng in those millions of dollars.
I see your point and what you're saying but I think you're focusing too much on the title of a video and kind of missing the point of the criticism.

CD Projekt is not a person - it is the registered name of a company.

That's the problem.

Titles like the one for his video make it ok for people to go, well they have millions - I'll go attack this concept artist on twitter or facebook because they = CD Projekt.

Edit : I'm not saying don't attack the problems, I'm saying specifically to attack the problems - but words matter. How you word things to attack those problems, matter.
It's a semantic shorthand. Sorry that we're not qualifying our criticism engouh to satisfy your personal standards of discourse. JFC.

Can we all move on now to a subject of discussion that actually matters, like boob sliders not being in the game?

I see your point and what you're saying but I think you're focusing too much on the title of a video and kind of missing the point of the criticism.

No, not at all - but we need to end bad marketing practices by companies as much as we need to stop normalising click bait.

All it does is feed the us and them toxic culture that is prevalent in gaming (and indeed any online) culture.

No, not at all - but we need to end bad marketing practices by companies as much as we need to stop normalising click bait.

All it does is feed the us and them toxic culture that is prevalent in gaming (and indeed any online) culture.
The fact is CDPR marketing, management and execs lied through their teeth over and over and over again. I just don't want to sit here and argue about the title of a video that you don't like. It's a silly thing to do.

The fact is CDPR marketing, management and execs lied through their teeth over and over and over again. I just don't want to sit here and argue about the title of a video that you don't like. It's a silly thing to do.

And a YouTuber lied through their teeth to draw likes and views.

But you're right - we're off topic - so my apologies. Carry on.

There is constructive criticism, calling out problems, issues, false marketing etc.

Then there is feeding the rage monster and click baiting that has created a terrible gaming culture that regurgitates toxicity and bile.

No matter the veneer you wrap it up in saying "CD Projekt are all liars" makes an environment where people feel it's ok to go and attack developers, writers, artists.

Well said

And a YouTuber lied through their teeth to draw likes and views.

But you're right - we're off topic - so my apologies. Carry on.
All good, your complaint is just not relevant or something I care about. The meaning behind it is the point and I sort of feel like you're just going on a side tangent that's really not what we're here for.

Another youtuber parasite with nothing meaningful to say

so much this . Youtuber making a clickbait video and feeding off the rager's hate

no this is not a fanboy comment .

I may not think is is a top level game, and there are things I really don't like about it which is why I gave it a 6.5 /10 rating but missing features and " false advertising " are not among them.

I don't hold any grudge against the devs for either of those . Nor do I think they have done anything unlawful or "owe " anyone anything" ( with exception of refunds for console players )

Last edited:

If people feels that it's okay to attack developers, writers and artists (or anyone for that matter) because of so-called click bait titles, I can assure you that the click bait is not the issue.

I personally dislike the title but everything within the video is valid and substantiated. So if we're going to discredit someone's views, let's do it on the basis of their arguments, not their crappy titles that don't sit well with us.

Calling the devs liars in a thread title is an excellent way to get your thread locked, because it's rude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom