Something to do while we wait...

+
So I know we are all just waiting for the days to pass, it’s like 2 Christmases this year. But I thought I would pass along this PSA (Public Service Announcement).

There is something useful you can do between now and then…
Clean your computer! I mean go buy a can of compressed air, they come in different names, and blow out your vents, your fans, dust covers. If you have water cooling, blow those radiator’s out.
We all are planning to play for long periods, we know the game is going to be demanding system wise. So help yourself and your system and clean it up now. This is mainly for PC users, but you console folks, you also have vents, blow them out. While you're at it make sure there is enough free room around your PC and Console for good airflow.

I just did mine and I remove the case fans and wipe down each blade and housing with a rag. I take the dust screens and front case cover, which act as a dust screen, and I blow those out. I have 2 radiators and I remove the fans and use my shop air compressor to blow out the radiators * WARNING never use a compressor to blow fans, you can cause over spin and destroy the fan… especially on laptops* .

Cleaning your computer regularly is a really good thing to do. I know many of you already know this and do it… this is for those who might not have thought about it.

Also do not start unplugging wires in your PC without knowing what you're doing. Be Careful when clean, don’t break anything… There are many video’s out there on how and what to do. Don't do anything you're unsure of, ask in here I am sure someone knows.

EDIT: Also if you have a serviceable water cooling system and you know what you're doing and have not changed your coolant in a while, maybe now"s a good time.

Edit Edit: If you have wireless Mouse and Keyboard and you have not replaced batteries in a while ... why not go ahead and do it now.

Last edited:
Hi, Yes you are indeed pointing to an serious issue. You system should be clean both literally and by cyber way.
But both ways are not guaranteed make your game run. Please the Game Specifications before installing the game.

I installed my second HD yesterday, but I didn't turn on my PC yet (it was late night, I go to work pretty early. And I'm not a morning person). I hope I didn't break anything, my case is small.

I upgraded my CPU cooler from the stock stealth to an Arctic e-sports duo. A lot less noisy than the stealth.

Definitely an important and oft-overlooked step that can have a big effect! I normally open the box and kill a can of compressed air about twice per year.

Top Bottom