Something Vic said (SPOILERS just to be safe)

+
I've been playing the game again, and something Vic said got me curious. He mentioned that you can replace your entire body, but not the brain. Does this mean Ghost in the Shell levels of cyberization are possible, you know, full body conversion like the Major? Could transferring into a shell save V's life?
(please note i have no issue with V dying, but i support possibilities to save their life, as long as they're not absolutely ridiculous, like how they brought back Steve Rogers in the comics)

Lizzy Wizzy seem to be entirely "chromed" (except her brain). A little bit like Smasher, 96% cyber-modified... Except his brain, it shouldn't remain many "original" human parts.
But V's brain is maybe the most altered part of his/her body... :(

I'd expect relocating the brain as it is elsewhere would make little difference if the problem itself has a brain related origin.
Well, in the same conversation, Vic mentions that we've probably got a few weeks at best, but by the end, thanks to Alt, we've got an approximate six months, which is a vast improvement. That says to me that she was able to stop the degradation, but the damage to V's body is already done. That's why i wondered that, if possible, a full body conversion would work. The brain, as it is by endgame, isn't compatible with the body anymore, so if we could, why not change out the body?

I think you're being too generous to Smasher with your numbers. 96% seems low.
It's not from me at all. It's the result of the scanner in the penthouse during the BD or in the tower if you take time to scan him :)
Adam Smasher
Smasher.jpeg
The brain, as it is by endgame, isn't compatible with the body anymore, so if we could, why not change out the body?
The brain is also (maybe even more) damaged. So a "new body" don't really solve the problem.
If your CPU is "almost dead" on your PC, you can change everything around it (like GPU, RAM, casing...), your CPU remain "almost dead" :)

Last edited:
The brain is also (maybe even more) damaged. So a "new body" don't really solve the problem.
If your CPU is "almost dead" on your PC, you can change everything around it (like GPU, RAM, casing...), your CPU remain "almost dead" :)
The main part of the problem is that the brain and the body are no longer compatible, right? So the theory that replacing the body all together is sound. If it's a matter of the body rejecting the brain, than a shell wouldn't have the same issue. It wouldn't be a rejection issue, because the body would be built for that particular brain, stopping the clock, as it were.

The main part of the problem is that the brain and the body are no longer compatible, right?
Nope, the whole body has been irreversibly altered by the Relic (brain included and even more than the rest of the body) and is no longer compatible (brain include) with V's consciousness, soul, memories, datas or whatever the name (which is matter to debat).
The only salvation for V (in theroy), is a "brand new modified body" (brain include) to welcome his/her engram. The brain remains the "main problem", as almost everything else can be replaced by chrome.

Last edited:
Nope, the whole body has been irreversibly altered (brain include and even more than the rest of the body) and is no longer compatible (brain include) with V's consciousness, soul, memories, datas or whatever the name (which is matter to debat).
The only salvation for V (in theroy), is a "brand new modified body" (brain include) to welcome his/her engram.
That makes no sense. If they're worse off than before, how does V have longer to live than when Vic game them a few weeks?

That makes no sense. If they're worse off than before, how does V have longer to live than when Vic game them a few weeks?
After Mikoshi, there is no longer "active" Relic (no active nanites), there is no longer Johnny's engram and the process of "decaying" is slowed down but it still there. So 6 months remaining instead of few weeks :)

And for the brain, like Hellman said in the Sunset Motel :
"Oh yes, I know how this is going to end... I have seen the engram literally devour your brain and it is not your helpless cerebral matter that will be able to change something"

Last edited:
But so yeah, Alt did make a full engram of V, so searching out Alt with a fresh new body would be an option? A quest for re-birth :)

I've been playing the game again, and something Vic said got me curious. He mentioned that you can replace your entire body, but not the brain. Does this mean Ghost in the Shell levels of cyberization are possible, you know, full body conversion like the Major? Could transferring into a shell save V's life?
(please note i have no issue with V dying, but i support possibilities to save their life, as long as they're not absolutely ridiculous, like how they brought back Steve Rogers in the comics)
Like Ghost in the Shell I think V's only option is a 3some with Alt and Johmmy creating a whole new entity compatible with the existing body, just like Motoko merging with the AI, becoming something new yet retaining some of her past self.....

V`s engram is out there somewhere so I think if they want to continue story a bit, it would be related to somehow new body with at least some part of Vs personality put in it. Could be also fine formula for a sequel where we can relate to Vs actions in 2077 without playing exactly the same character.

Well, in the same conversation, Vic mentions that we've probably got a few weeks at best, but by the end, thanks to Alt, we've got an approximate six months, which is a vast improvement. That says to me that she was able to stop the degradation, but the damage to V's body is already done. That's why i wondered that, if possible, a full body conversion would work. The brain, as it is by endgame, isn't compatible with the body anymore, so if we could, why not change out the body?
As I understood it 2 weeks was the estimated time interval for the Relic overwrite process to complete. The time it would take for the Relic to purge V's consciousness and replace it with Johnny's engram.

The 6 month issue is another matter entirely.

In the Devil it's clear cut. The chip was integrated with V's brain. Arasaka had the expertise and equipment to remove it. Unfortunately the incidental damage is too much and V's body begins to progressively fail. Assuming the information they're feeding V is reliable.

My interpretation of the plan in the Sun/Star was to access Mikoshi, have Alt Soulkill V, separate Johnny out and re-input V into the chip as a digital construct. The problem is V's body cannot handle the stress incurred from all of this abuse. The plan works but the body begins to progressively deteriorate.

I assumed the commentary involving DNA and immune responses was meant as an analogy. Not something to be taken literally.

The word body here is likely being used as an umbrella term to describe the physical brain itself, the way the connections are formed within it, the balance of various hormones, neurotransmitters, etc. The brain itself is a part of that equation. It's one of the damaged and/or failing areas. It's reasonable to assume those problems would remain if it was relocated elsewhere.
It's not from me at all. It's the result of the scanner in the penthouse during the BD or in the tower if you take time to scan him :)
Adam Smasher
It was a weak attempt at a joke. Supposedly on average the brain accounts for ~2% of the total weight of a person. If Smasher replaced everything except the brain and 4% of his original form remained it implies his brain constituted ~4% of his total weight. More or less depending on the relative weight of the replacement parts making him tinman and any left-over skull/skin of his bald, shiny head.

Smasher never stuck me as a big brained individual. I suppose it's possible it was an elaborate ruse to feign ignorance while keeping his epic intellectual prowess in his back pocket. He certainly had a knack for showing up out of nowhere and catching the other characters flat footed.

It was a weak attempt at a joke. Supposedly on average the brain accounts for ~2% of the total weight of a person. If Smasher replaced everything except the brain and 4% of his original form remained it implies his brain constituted ~4% of his total weight. More or less depending on the relative weight of the replacement parts making him tinman and any left-over skull/skin of his bald, shiny head.

Smasher never stuck me as a big brained individual. I suppose it's possible it was an elaborate ruse to feign ignorance while keeping his epic intellectual prowess in his back pocket. He certainly had a knack for showing up out of nowhere and catching the other characters flat footed.
I almost wrote it (but I didn't do it), So yeah, Smasher have "2% of human meat" somewhere (his brain for sure, we can see it at the end). It's for that Lizzy Wizzy is a way better "example", she received a "full body conversion" :)

I assumed the commentary involving DNA and immune responses was meant as an analogy. Not something to be taken literally.
Yeah. How Relic works with V's body is like a space ship, some stuff made up to enable other things. Something like this was also used in couple of cyberpunk novels back in the '80s, so there's that too.

There's also the possibility of going beyond Lizzy or Smasher, and having V transferred to an engram, and putting it in a fully cybernetic body, though i think that crosses the line from cyborg to android.

Top Bottom