Something's happening on Twitch!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow , watching it on youtube is a different experience !!! i actually see things i didnt even noticed on stream , 1080p my ass.

Nice to have confirmation of the way the character creator works. So, it seems you select presets, and then fine-tune them, just like I was hoping.

That's a crude way of wording what you've wanted to say. May sound like you're giving a compliment here.

But no. I'd put simply:
-It takes the worst aspects of Deus Ex and mixes with the worst from GTA.

Yeah, I'd have to have elaborated what I thought about those games and what mixing them here would seem like to me. But I did list it under the gripes.

> I am with you in those aspects @kofeiiniturpa.
> Before all this showcase, I imagine the night places be more crowded.
> They sure need to keep working on perfecting what it does feel very bland and repetitive.
> If I am not mistaken, they stated that we would be seeing our character legs and whatnot while we slide trough floor. But I imagine that would be showcase and implemented later on.

Gripes first:
- Smart guns really are just "auto-hit" guns.
That's what they're advertised as so I don't see how that's a bad thing? They don't look very exciting to use to me but it's not like they didn't make it clear what smart guns did.

Gripes first:
- The dialog does feel forced and times and the voiceactors are overacting, especially that corp chick.****
I see your point but I expected it to be over the top.

Gripes first:
- Skilltests are hardgated.
And I'm ok with that, fuck percentage based skill checks.

Thanks for sharing
after 30 Years of Gaming (yes i started with pong) this looks definitely like the next gen of Games
no beta - looks final to me
don`t improve - just keep on going
one final thought : Why u kept that a press only Demo? No other Game out there looks like Yours? Given thats its running in realtime
even like the conversations - biggest point for me as a Gibson and Stephenson Fan

That's what they're advertised as so I don't see how that's a bad thing? They don't look very exciting to use to me

You answered the question yourself. They don't look interesting to use at all.

And I'm ok with that, fuck percentage based skill checks.

Thems fighting words. I detest skillchecks like those in the demo. There's no excitement or intrigue, there's no trying to do anything, just a "yes I can" or "no I can't".

I see your point but I expected it to be over the top.

I expected something over the top too, but I didn't expect it to sound like summertheather rehearsals.

Gripes first:
- Combat looks pretty bad. No, really. It looks worse than I expected and I already had low expectations. Just like any regular shooter.
- Smart guns really are just "auto-hit" guns.
- The dialog does feel forced and times and the voiceactors are overacting, especially that corp chick.
- Health regen spotted.
- Skilltests are hardgated.
- Very "GTA meets Deus Ex" feel and vibe.

well..

-It was a high leveled player. Probably just a small slice if you chose the solo route
-Some of them missed and there might be a catch(bullets that could be very hard to come by)
-Yeah, but so was the witcher.
-god mode, developer build perhaps?

Yeah, I'd have to have elaborated what I thought about those games and what mixing them here would seem like to me. But I did list it under the gripes.
One have to be especially clear on their words, that's what I still learning to this day on the internet (as a non-english speaker). It may sound like you just dislike (nu-)Deus Ex and (nu-)GTA in general, games people like so much they'd be fine with mixing these together and don't see it as a gripe.

Mostly everything looked absolutely great, so glad they finally showed the game. That said, I do have a few nitpicks.

First off your companion tagging along and barking instructions gave me vibes from most linear shooters you see out there, so I hope this is mostly a thing for early story quests.

More importantly I'm very anxious about how the level/item difference will affect the difficulty of combat. The narrator really hammed it up how the corporate lady's goons will probably be a very difficult fight. I just really, really hope that means that it's tough but doable if you prepare properly and not something like tw3 where enemies being a few levels above you can make a fight arbitrarily nigh-impossible with you only chipping away 1/100th of their health per hit.

This is a major immersion breaker for me in games, so I hope they get it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom