Song of the Hunt book dialogue with Dandelion (Iorveth path) (Help request)

+
Hey guys,

This is an issue that's been bugging me for years. If you're not aware, you are unable to trigger the dialogue where you discuss this book with Dandelion, when playing on Iorveth's path. Here's an old thread about the issue: https://www.gog.com/forum/the_witcher_2/the_song_of_the_hunt.

I've tried poking around the files in base_scripts.dzip, but haven't found anything and I'm not even sure if it's the right place to look for a way to fix this. If anyone with more modding experience could take a look at this issue, I'd be very grateful.

Update: I tested adding the book to the Vergen innkeepers inventory and buying it from there, before heading to the other side of the mist to look for Triss, and Cynthia had some dialogue about it, mentioning that she's not into poetry and that Geralt should show it to someone who is (Dandelion), which also happens on Roach path (you talk to one NPC whos name I can't recall and he points you to Dandelion). The Cynthia dialogue is impossible to trigger normally, since she disappears after you go to the nilfgaardian camp and loot the book. Even after doing all that, Dandelion still didn't have the dialogue unlocked.

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

Yeah, I remember that, very annoying.

Update: I tested adding the book to the Vergen innkeepers inventory and buying it from there, before heading to the other side of the mist to look for Triss, and Cynthia had some dialogue about it, mentioning that she's not into poetry and that Geralt should show it to someone who is (Dandelion), which also happens on Roach path (you talk to one NPC whos name I can't recall and he points you to Dandelion). The Cynthia dialogue is impossible to trigger normally, since she disappears after you go to the nilfgaardian camp and loot the book. Even after doing all that, Dandelion still didn't have the dialogue unlocked.
Have you tried that trick with the innkeeper and Dandelion after you've recovered the 3rd memory (Pursuing the Wild-Hunt)? Because, even on Roche's path, you can't trigger that conversation until you've spoken to Serrit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I remember that, very annoying.

Have you tried that trick with the innkeeper and Dandelion after you've recovered the 3rd memory (Pursuing the Wild-Hunt)? Because, even on Roche's path, you can't trigger that conversation until you've spoken to Serrit.

I believe that's the memory that triggers in the nilfgaardian camp when you go looking for Triss, where you can pick up the book anyway. I did try not picking up the book there, running back to Vergen, talking to Dandelion about the memory (where he incidentally mentions the very same book), buying it from the innkeeper and talking to Dandelion again. Did not work unfortunately.

Right now i'm trying to give this conversation to Dandelion without some of the "necessary triggers"...though i cannot seem to find it. Maybe it rests in a .w2scene file that i cannot uncook. I've been searching forums on how to open w2scene files, and i downloaded redkit and other programs, but still nothing on that? How do i do that? Please, someone help:) Then i might provide a mod/fix on this,

You can find the conversation stored in the the w2scene file( just type the names in the search tab of the Asset Browser): jaskier_act2default and jaskier_act2_vergen. The triggers are fact based all three facts are: mq_gone_first_memory_act2_jaskier, mq_gone_found_poem, mq_gone_found_notes_jaskier. The values have to be 1( equals yes) to get those dialogue options. The are based on each other you have to get fact one than 2 than 3 to get the dialogue. I have no idea how to change this that you can listen to them in the normal game. In the game you get the first fact after the kingsmeeting and the two other facts after finding the books. Sorry.

Last edited:
Dont worry, when i get to chapter 2 and to that point, i will fix It. I've fixed the part in act 1 where you cannot talk to dandelion or to roche about isle of avallach if you had previously told Dandelion that your memories were returning.

Now you can (unfortunately, only if you load a save from before you told the memories bit to dandelion, since it added a fact that i no longer add (including a journal entry about wild hunt - don't worry though, you will get it after mentioning the isle of avallach) that prevented it before)! And what's more, now you can talk to BOTH of them! not just Dandy or Roche...so....hold on 2-3 days, and you will be able to discuss the poem on Iorveth's path!!
Post automatically merged:

Alternatively, If anybody provides me a save from Iorveth's path, with the song book in possession and after the flashback had already been triggered (but before the battle for vergen!), i will fix it, and upload the mod immediately. (attached fix for the aforementioned act I)

Attachments

• Wild hunt fix (act I).zip
    19.2 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

Guest 3847602

Alternatively, If anybody provides me a save from Iorveth's path, with the song book in possession and after the flashback had already been triggered (but before the battle for vergen!), i will fix it, and upload the mod immediately.
Sweet! Here's a save with the book in the inventory, just before the Eternal Battle:
https://www23.zippyshare.com/v/RZdo9nHl/file.html
Dandelion is at the inn, naturally. I knew I've kept this one for a reason.:smart:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet! Here's a save with the book in the inventory, just before the Eternal Battle:
https://www23.zippyshare.com/v/RZdo9nHl/file.html
Dandelion is at the inn, naturally. I knew I've kept this one for a reason.:smart:

Thank you very much! I actually "fast forwarded" yesterday (or, better, today from 2 am to like 3:30 am) so i got to that point myself....and found the problem. When you pick up the book, the "fact" that says you have it does not set to 1, nor does set the fact about the other book (that you can discuss with cynthia). The second part is not a problem - i used a different fact - the one that you need to discuss it with Philippa. Yet the Song "fact" is a problem, that i am going to try to fix now (the culprit is in a gon_mq.w2phase file, but when i open it, i see only arrows in a graph and cannot add some facts that are hardcoded there)

The easiest workaround would be allowing you to tell Dandelion about the book even if you didnt get it, but only after returning from the mist....Yet here i stumbled yet on another bloody bug...When i talk to dandelion about the book....I don't get the journal entry. So i went to sleep at 6 am and postponed those bugs to my today's plan - to bloody fix them (instead of studying for master's entrance examination lol).

Damn, I cannot seem to add journal entries no matter how I try....I suspect it is the "Memo" bit and "CFactsDBChoiceMemo" + key and value parts....But it does not work for me so far....Anybody knows more about journal entries? Or, better, how to add them?

Made It!!!!!!!!! Let me "remake" it again from an original file (I edited it so much that is a mess)...Though the tiny bug still persists - you don't have to pick up the poem book - you merely have to return form the mist.
Will attach the file in after recompiling it:)

Done! Thanks for the patience - I've even managed to fix the bug about having the book - If you don't have it, you can't mention it to Dandelion. If you do have it, simple tell him that you remember something, then mention the book (sorry, this was the only way i could make it). Fix for act I included.

I will post it to nexus mods as well (in 3-4 hours after i return from da gym), so don't forget to leave a like!

unzip into the *Installation Path*/CookedPC folder.

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher2/mods/885

Attachments

• Wild Hunt fix - complete.zip
    43.1 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Top Bottom