Sony and its 'monopoly' and wrong decision on Cyberpunk

+
I think it's a shame that people should be subjected to mere trade wars between or launched, declared, by private monopolies, against companies around the world, in particular, the war declared by Sony (and unfounded war) against CDPR. In my country, Sony has been closing factories, evading the terrible wages that paid its divisions to employees and incentives received from the State ... in the so-called 'Manaus Free Trade Zone' - which is not the case, of course, if not in a way illustrative of what Sony really is in the world ...

About the game, that's what matters here, I found it very bad that Sony took the game out of its store ... alongside or seen that many gamers, despite complaining about possible bugs, would be being deprived of the game they like.

This is the typical case where a monopoly tries to determine the market ... something 'against the rules of the game' ... or free market philosophies ... (laughs).

How is Sony a monopoly? Also, CDPR offered refunds before talking to Sony. Sony reciprocated by pulling it off their store.

They have the monopoly on consoles, it is not by chance that the Sony community has been complaining about the game's removal from its store. Sony only started its refund policy after CDPR started hers. In time. Before that, they 'thought differently' ... (have they changed because, rain? One fine day a butterfly landed on the head of Sony CEO and its investors?)
Post automatically merged:

And they didn't have that same practice with titles infinitely worse than Cyberpunk ... just for the record.

Please correct me if i'm wrong, but I think Sony had to pull it from the store to be able to "launch" the promised refunding, because they might have not have been able to do this because of their own system.
I know this sound dumb, but that's sometimes how stuff works, not only in business but also in politics or public administrations.

"A workaround if you may say so"

This explanation could also be just bullshit and it's as you said before, some kind of "war" or conflict of trading partners or a market scheme. :)

But I have to agree on the "market monopoly" stuff, (beside Microsoft and Nintendo)

Please correct me if i'm wrong, but I think Sony had to pull it from the store to be able to "launch" the promised refunding, because they might have not have been able to do this because of their own system.
I know this sound dumb, but that's sometimes how stuff works, not only in business but also in politics or public administrations.

"A workaround if you may say so"

This explanation could also be just bullshit and it's as you said before, some kind of "war" or conflict of trading partners or a market scheme. :)

Of course, depriving those who think differently ... yes, you are partially right, it is not just dumb, it is unreal. It is not the practice of the company, including ... with other worse titles ... ts ... Please!

Of course, depriving those who think differently ... yes, you are partially right, it is not just dumb, it is unreal. It is not the practice of the company, including ... with other worse titles ... ts ... Please!

I hope you're saying this sarcastically and with tongue-in-cheek. (it might be really obvious already), but with whats happening lately, I don't want to misunderstand it.

So I'll just have a giggle at this, can partially agree with you and wish you a good night! :D

I think it was a kneejerk reaction from Sony, more about posturing than actually being consumer friendly. With patch 1.04 which came 1-2 days after launch fixed all the crashes and the game is playable. It not being what you imagined it being and all that is another debate and not ground with refunding the game although the 48min trailer did show us a different game than what we got still demanding refunds is a bit too much. As I said before I will support CDPR monetarily by DLC and MP stuff and so on but I will let everyone know this game imo is not very good at all.

How is Sony a monopoly? Also, CDPR offered refunds before talking to Sony. Sony reciprocated by pulling it off their store.

I heard that CDPR wasn't giving refunds. That they sent customers to Sony to get refunds. They didn't step up to the plate and instead tried to make another company do the refunds. That's why Sony took the game down - they were done dealing with CDPR's bullshit.

I heard that CDPR wasn't giving refunds. That they sent customers to Sony to get refunds. They didn't step up to the plate and instead tried to make another company do the refunds. That's why Sony took the game down - they were done dealing with CDPR's bullshit.

i heard... a comet come to the earth... at last, i heard... :)

Right. That’s what I meant. They put it in Sony's hands. So I guess Sony thought that if the game was too s***** that the company was offering refunds, why not take it down.

monopoly? Here the real break down CDPR said that if you disliked the game you can return it for a refund so what ever retailers you have in your region they got word of it and uphold the offer CDPR put forward. GOG and Steam have refund base systems in plance and xbox has something like that as well and you can even cancle pre ordered games if you want. Sony and especially the US branch has 1 star customer service you getting through to sony is a pain in the @@@. Sony doesnt offer refunds for anything there are tons of broken games and stuff on there store. The only way to recerse a charge if you shop on psn is to go to your bank and depute the charge but your account will get banned. Sony pulled it from there store so they dont have to pick up the phone and fill out refund claims for tons of people since Sony literally does no refund for anything.

How about CDPR offered refunds but it's not in their hands to make decisions which are not "their home turf" and platform like GoG? xD
It's the same with Steam. CDPR can't just go ahead and say, you get refunds for your steam games and invalidate Valves/Steams refund-policy. And Sony is the same.

monopoly? Here the real break down CDPR said that if you disliked the game you can return it for a refund so what ever retailers you have in your region they got word of it and uphold the offer CDPR put forward. GOG and Steam have refund base systems in plance and xbox has something like that as well and you can even cancle pre ordered games if you want. Sony and especially the US branch has 1 star customer service you getting through to sony is a pain in the @@@. Sony doesnt offer refunds for anything there are tons of broken games and stuff on there store. The only way to recerse a charge if you shop on psn is to go to your bank and depute the charge but your account will get banned. Sony pulled it from there store so they dont have to pick up the phone and fill out refund claims for tons of people since Sony literally does no refund for anything.

Tomorrow I will open a console factory, with the technology (which Sony keeps under lock and key) for that, after all, we do not live under the monopoly ... but in a free, enchanted world, with bouncy Bambies ...:)
Post automatically merged:

If they don't remove the game, more buyers would mean more workload for the refund department. Besides I've never seen SONY remove any good quality game from its store. Everything happens for a reason.

Have a HUGE diference between HATE something (or everything) and talk about something. I have clear it in my mind.

Well maybe Sony shouldn't have pulled it down and instead added a disclaimer to the game in the shop saying that is broken and basically unplayable on base consoles and even PS5 and that if you agree to buy it anyway they wouldn't refund it and you had to wait till it was patched! At least that is what i would have done (after i had refunded everyone who bought the game BEVORE the CDPR statement).

Top Bottom