Sony and its 'monopoly' and wrong decision on Cyberpunk

+
I get ya but all other things aside, when CDPR told the world that Sony would refund CP2077 purchases in a way that is against Sony's policy, then Sony was within their rights to pull it from their store.
Yes there are much worse much more broken games on Sony's store but unless the publishers of those games offered their customers refunds on Sony's behalf, it's not comparable.

Another characteristic of monopolies, in my view, says something like this: everyone celebrates profits, but not everyone is engaged in solving problems and the 'rats, when a ship is defective, are the first to abandon it adrift. '.

But, that is just a point and a view. Sony could, yes, have tested the game, including its gameplay and use the same criteria for other games that failed, and spoke hard and that are still in their stores ...

Rats didn't abandon anything?

Look, CDPR made a product that Sony refuses to sell anymore. Their store, their right. That is the extent of it.

If you grow lemons and I sell them, and I stop selling them, well that's my legal right. The ONLY monopoly is you trying to say I have to sell them because reasons. The monopoly in your argument is then CDPR and nobody accused them of that.
Post automatically merged:

I get ya but all other things aside, when CDPR told the world that Sony would refund CP2077 purchases in a way that is against Sony's policy, then Sony was within their rights to pull it from their store.
Yes there are much worse much more broken games on Sony's store but unless the publishers of those games offered their customers refunds on Sony's behalf, it's not comparable.

It's not the first time Sony pulled a game either. Another media lie people repeated to make this all more dramatic.

Rats didn't abandon anything?

Look, CDPR made a product that Sony refuses to sell anymore. Their store, their right. That is the extent of it.

If you grow lemons and I sell them, and I stop selling them, well that's my legal right. The ONLY monopoly is you trying to say I have to sell them because reasons. The monopoly in your argument is then CDPR and nobody accused them of that.

What is legal or not in this monopoly environment, I cannot argue much. But what would be fair, I have that. As far as I know, the 'refund' policy, already mentioned here by others, from Sony is not at all 'fair', alias / plus, it extends to other platforms that ... it also strikes me and a lot that companies do not test products on their platforms, including the absence of a 'minimum quality control' of what is sold. Third, on 'rats' the expression is very happy in this context, it could even use history and two world wars under the sign of the monopolized and financial economy, but still avoiding politics here.. :B

A good alternative to this would be to launch on just one platform, RD2 did it, if I'm not mistaken, and even so, even though acting cautiously, it had problems when they launched on the PC. Today the game is very good on all platforms. I think that will happen too, at least it is my wish, with CP.

I don't see that as an "alternative". The dev studios want to make their money. And that's fine. But there's no good reason why they can't wait for a few additional weeks to release the game they ACTUALLY wanted to create for PC, and then strip out or modify whatever the console manufacturers need them to for retail on their consoles.

Seriously. Does ANYONE truly believe that ANY dev studio is going to go belly up by waiting a few extra weeks to release console acceptable games THEY BUILT ON A COMPUTER?

All it takes it's expectation management.

Like publicly announcing "The PC version of our game has "X and Y" as features. However, due to certain console restrictions, we'll be modifying feature "X and Y" in "Z" way to offer the game for console players". Hell, give them a slight discount if you need to sell it on consoles that bad. But don't stick my PC with garbage control schemes and stripped down graphics and content for their sake.

What is legal or not in this monopoly environment, I cannot argue much. But what would be fair, I have that. As far as I know, the 'refund' policy, already mentioned here by others, from Sony is not at all 'fair', alias / plus, it extends to other platforms that ... it also strikes me and a lot that companies do not test products on their platforms, including the absence of a 'minimum quality control' of what is sold. Third, on 'mice' the expression is very happy in this context, it could even use history and two world wars under the sign of the monopolized and financial economy, but still avoiding politics here.. :B

You're continuing to abuse the word monopoly to support your corporate bias.

Off the top of my head:
Monopoly - a board game.
- a situation where a single source exists for a product/service whereupon the provider can charge outrageous sums by virtue of being the lone source and there existing no choice.

Sony is NOT a monopoly by any reasonable definition.

You're continuing to abuse the word monopoly to support your corporate bias.

Off the top of my head:
Monopoly - a board game.
- a situation where a single source exists for a product/service whereupon the provider can charge outrageous sums by virtue of being the lone source and there existing no choice.

Sony is NOT a monopoly by any reasonable definition.

Complete: 'in my view, you're continuing to abuse the word monopoly to support your corporate bias'.

Wel, i disagree about what you think - live with this... :)
Post automatically merged:

I don't see that as an "alternative". The dev studios want to make their money. And that's fine. But there's no good reason why they can't wait for a few additional weeks to release the game they ACTUALLY wanted to create for PC, and then strip out or modify whatever the console manufacturers need them to for retail on their consoles.

Seriously. Does ANYONE truly believe that ANY dev studio is going to go belly up by waiting a few extra weeks to release console acceptable games THEY BUILT ON A COMPUTER?

All it takes it's expectation management.

Like publicly announcing "The PC version of our game has "X and Y" as features. However, due to certain console restrictions, we'll be modifying feature "X and Y" in "Z" way to offer the game for console players". Hell, give them a slight discount if you need to sell it on consoles that bad. But don't stick my PC with garbage control schemes and stripped down graphics and content for their sake.

I would love to know which Playstation 5 produces or has a game editor (engine) to make or produce games for Play Station V ... or, IV, or III ... or II ... or I ... or for Xbox , same thing ... anyway ... :)

The argument that Sony has a monopoly is pure fallacy and intellectually dishonest. Sony has a walled garden around their product which is 100% legal. Apple has been doing it for DECADES.

Sony has never statically had more than 19% market share with the PS4. PCs actually control a market share comparable to the total console share when it comes to gamers. Hard to describe a company as a monopoly when they have a TON of competition and much of it beats them.

As for Sony's move, it is actually similar to Apple with Epic. Both Epic and CDRP went arbitrarily against the policies of the platform and the platform took quick action to counter. Sony's issues with Cyberpunk was less about the game working than CDRP deciding to offer refunds on their platform without talking to them.

Sony in my opinion did make a bad move because they basically said that they did not want to give back money for a broke game. This looks bad for them and has caused many Sony fans to reconsider their position.

I'm glad Sony pulled the game from their store. Let's face it, trying to make a game like this run on legacy hardware like the PS4 was a bad idea from the very beginning. A lot of time and resources were wasted on that. Hopefully CDPR is learning this lesson. Titles like Cyberpunk 2077 should be PC-exclusive.

Well, CDPR said the game was ready and promised the day 1 patch was going to fix everything, basically lied to Sony. And then when shit hit the fan, they said everyone could go ask Sony for a refund. Now imagine the huge influx of refunds Sony got. Of course they pulled the game out of their store.

The argument that Sony has a monopoly is pure fallacy and intellectually dishonest. Sony has a walled garden around their product which is 100% legal. Apple has been doing it for DECADES.

Sony has never statically had more than 19% market share with the PS4. PCs actually control a market share comparable to the total console share when it comes to gamers. Hard to describe a company as a monopoly when they have a TON of competition and much of it beats them.

As for Sony's move, it is actually similar to Apple with Epic. Both Epic and CDRP went arbitrarily against the policies of the platform and the platform took quick action to counter. Sony's issues with Cyberpunk was less about the game working than CDRP deciding to offer refunds on their platform without talking to them.

Sony in my opinion did make a bad move because they basically said that they did not want to give back money for a broke game. This looks bad for them and has caused many Sony fans to reconsider their position.

Specifically, about monopolies, what characterizes this, the history of it, would be a topic apart from this community, yet, do you refer to sales of devices or the production of these, including licenses? Those are from Sony. Aple is also a monopoly and yes, they do compete with each other. Nothing new here.

Anyway, I repeat, Sony's attitude, in my view, was unfair to those who like the game and, despite problems, play or would like to play the game.

I'm glad Sony pulled the game from their store. Let's face it, trying to make a game like this run on legacy hardware like the PS4 was a bad idea from the very beginning. A lot of time and resources were wasted on that. Hopefully CDPR is learning this lesson. Titles like Cyberpunk 2077 should be PC-exclusive.
Yes and sell to like 20% of gamers. more than 40% of their sales was for the PS4. No AAA company wants to make PC only games, it's stupid profitwise

Why do I keep seeing this incorrect assumption? They didn't get held back by CURRENT generation, they got lazy. This bloody game has been in development for the entire ps4 existence. If anything this game has absolutely NO EXCUSE for not being the most reliable game on ps4 and xbox. Stop blaming hardware for shit software.

Why do I keep seeing this incorrect assumption? They didn't get held back by CURRENT generation, they got lazy. This bloody game has been in development for the entire ps4 existence. If anything this game has absolutely NO EXCUSE for not being the most reliable game on ps4 and xbox. Stop blaming hardware for shit software.
If the software is "shit" as you say, why does it work so much better on PCs? Ever thought about that?

I think it's a shame that people should be subjected to mere trade wars between or launched, declared, by private monopolies, against companies around the world, in particular, the war declared by Sony (and unfounded war) against CDPR. In my country, Sony has been closing factories, evading the terrible wages that paid its divisions to employees and incentives received from the State ... in the so-called 'Manaus Free Trade Zone' - which is not the case, of course, if not in a way illustrative of what Sony really is in the world ...

About the game, that's what matters here, I found it very bad that Sony took the game out of its store ... alongside or seen that many gamers, despite complaining about possible bugs, would be being deprived of the game they like.

This is the typical case where a monopoly tries to determine the market ... something 'against the rules of the game' ... or free market philosophies ... (laughs).

Sony removed the game from the store after a detailed discussion with CDPR, and CDPR seems to support that decision based off the announcements that have been made concerning the event. Sony is well within it's rights to temporarily pull digital editions so that they can process refunds without worrying about someone purchasing the game, beating it and returning it during the refund period. I don't really think this is a trade war at all, merely sound business from Sony and a joint decision between Sony and CDPR.

If the software is "shit" as you say, why does it work so much better on PCs? Ever thought about that?

Because they CHOSE to focus on that because it's the largest market share? Doesn't prove hardware failure, proves the laziness. It's commonplace today, everyone either patches later or makes modders fix it.

Top Bottom