Sony and its 'monopoly' and wrong decision on Cyberpunk

+
optimization

More likely the hardware on the PS4 and XBone were and remain to be shit? While optimization goes to a point, quality hardware is more important. It's unrealistic to expect a console to approach the same performance as a PC for one, and CP2077 is hardly optimized for PC either. It's just that the majority of mid-range PC have more power to spare than a console, so we tend to get more stability out of our platform. If the game were optimized at all we wouldn't be seeing the massive framedrops we are in most areas at the city center and downtown. Plus the game was originally intended solely for PC, it wasn't even announced for console until E318, which means it's console development phase has been 2.5 years tops, E3 that year was in July.

More likely the hardware on the PS4 and XBone were and remain to be shit? While optimization goes to a point, quality hardware is more important. It's unrealistic to expect a console to approach the same performance as a PC for one, and CP2077 is hardly optimized for PC either. It's just that the majority of mid-range PC have more power to spare than a console, so we tend to get more stability out of our platform. If the game were optimized at all we wouldn't be seeing the massive framedrops we are in most areas at the city center and downtown. Plus the game was originally intended solely for PC, it wasn't even announced for console until E318, which means it's console development phase has been 2.5 years tops, E3 that year was in July.
This game was NEVER intended for PC only. It was focused on the last-gen + PC until we reached april (2 months before the release of next-gen), with its first delay.

Yes and sell to like 20% of gamers. more than 40% of their sales was for the PS4. No AAA company wants to make PC only games, it's stupid profitwise
I'd say it's even more stupid to make a game for a console where the platform owner can unilaterally decide to pull your product from the shelves. CDPR don't make much money from PS4 sales now, do they?

Who knows how many features they dropped to make this game work on the PS4 in the first place. Many people here don't seem to realize that "more features" and "better performance" are often conflicting goals. You simply can't have the next generation of gaming on the previous generation of hardware.

This game was NEVER intended for PC only. It was focused on the last-gen + PC until we reached april (2 months before the release of next-gen), with its first delay.

Nope, from 2012 to mid 2018 it was being designed as a PC exclusive. July of 2018 was the E3 where the first mention of multiplatform was brought up officially. Prior to that, there was no official material even alluding to the game being available on more than PC. Fans always assumed it would be ported, but that was an assumption with nothing backing it up except that the latest two Witcher titles were available on Console.

Because they CHOSE to focus on that because it's the largest market share? Doesn't prove hardware failure, proves the laziness. It's commonplace today, everyone either patches later or makes modders fix it.
Laziness? You mean the devs didn't yet crunch enough, or what?

Nintendo Switch has a pretty large market as well, I wonder why there's no Switch port of CP2077. Must be because of those lazy developers... /smh

This kind of fanboy topics are funny.
"Sony wrong decisions with Cyberpunk".
First talk about "CD Project bad decisions about Cyberpunk", then we talk about Sony.
IF CDP would have done what they should a lot of things would change.
The first guilty is CDP.
The game is poorly optimized for all platforms. Pc performance is very poor, i cant run the game at 60fps in 1080p with rtx 2080 and all in ultra with no dlss. And let's be real, the game looks good but it's not a new gen game.
And dont get me wrong, i played 40hs and i like it.

Soo, this is bit unfair. What about Hello Games and No Man's Sky? Why ppl didn't sue them :D :D And what about EA:s Anthem? And bunch of other games?

Did people really forget day1 patches and all? The Witcher: Wild Hunt v. 1.0 wasn't pretty, and look now what it has become (y)

To put short: suing CDPR regarding few gameplay videos before the initial release is a joke (regarding suing). If you have a potato, its a potato. Two major updates coming on january and february. Lets see after 6 months what CP2077 is. Just like with other games.

Last edited:
It's CDPR's fault for thinking they have the ability to make games for the PS4 and Xbox One. If their developers are incompetent and can't make it run properly on the older consoles that's on them. They shouldn't have tried but I guess greed got in the way.

Soo, this is bit unfair. What about Hello Games and No Man's Sky? Why ppl didn't sue them :D :D And what about EA:s Anthem? And bunch of other games?

Did people really forget day1 patches and all? The Witcher: Wild Hunt v. 1.0 wasn't pretty, and look now what it has become (y)

To put short: suing CDPR regarding few gameplay videos before the initial release is a joke. If you have a potato, its a potato. Two major updates coming on january and february. Lets see after 6 months what CP2077 is. Just like with other games.

I ll be happy if they change or ad more endings... the actual endings hurt' lol

SONY did the right thing imo, the console version of the game is a mess. CDPR's mistake was releasing it on the last gen consoles. They should have did the same thing with witcher 3 being released on PS4 and not the last gen PS3.

Sony removed the game from the store after a detailed discussion with CDPR, and CDPR seems to support that decision based off the announcements that have been made concerning the event. Sony is well within it's rights to temporarily pull digital editions so that they can process refunds without worrying about someone purchasing the game, beating it and returning it during the refund period. I don't really think this is a trade war at all, merely sound business from Sony and a joint decision between Sony and CDPR.

Yeap, but hve some news about. Will see soon.

When GTA V was re-released in 2015, the performance gap between PS4/XBO and PC was already visible. I find it mind-boggling that people in 2020 still expect the same experiences on current-gen PCs and last-gen consoles. The blame is not on the developers but on CDPR's management for feeding these expectations.

DC9V

Forum veteran
Whenever there's money, lawsuits aren't far away.

Last edited:
Sue for what? 13 million units on the first day? CoD Blops 3 took 6 weeks to break 15 million units.

8, 10, 80 milions, to me its like the same thing. I think games in a diferente way. Read my topic about 'narrative', i post few minutes a go.

That's true, successful games can just have a few million sales or even much less if it's a cult classic. But what these lawyers are trying to claim is CD project Red's actions sabotaged the launch in a way that didn't meet investors expectations. I consider that a tough sell to make when they're pulling in more sales on launch than some of the most well recognized franchises.

Top Bottom