Sony opens its 7th core up for devs to use?

+
Sony opens its 7th core up for devs to use?

I heard the other day that sony is letting devs use its 7th core for games now, I think they said that games made before they opened it up can can still use it through some kind of patch, I don't know... I'm just curious to see if it will make the game a little better in anyway? I wounder if devs will use it for Blood & Wine, or for anything else that they have already done. Does Anybody Know.. what's up about this, does CDPR Team know about it yet, and will they even take advantage of it in a future patch in anyway? Thanks ;):confusion:

Sounds weird that someone would "open a core" for developers. Just highlights that OrbitOS and Sony's hardware aren't proper open systems to begin with.

Unlikely that it will make a decisive difference. A 7th core or one that is still shared with OS operations is at best good for something less than a 17% improvement. And it's still a system so closed that you need permission from Sony to program for it.

PS4 7th Core SDK support

While thats just rumors around web, is CDPR aware to use this if its real?

That would realy maybe help to run this game stable 30fps. The last patch did realy improve the frame rate but not some places like big cities, Novigrad lags still to much, and some cutscenes has some like 20fps lock or framerate skip issues. I want play the DLCs but still waiting a patch that fix those things.

(Moved to the main forum as there isn't a tech support question in there)
There was some discussion on this back in November when the article first came out, but the general consensus was that it wouldn't have a huge impact. Unfortunately, I can't find the link, but maybe someone else can remember?

(Edit: Thanks, Rep :) )

Last edited:
I own a Pc with 970GTX 16GB ram und i5 2500k. But I still want coninue to play on PS4, and this wasnt my question ;)

Why would you want to play on a locked up Sony controlled system?

Cause of my 55" Curved TV, Couch, Teufel Surround System. And No, I dont connect the PC to the TV.

NO CONSOLE WAR: I've enjoyed TW3 on PS4, compared with my TV, Hifi etc. it was an awesome journey
SO, is there any Information about a Performance boost ?

Top Bottom