Sony Sounds Bitter About the Cyberpunk 2077 Debacle

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Sony should usually have some sort of pretty strict testing BEFORE they put a game up in their store, right? Or maybe they get the testing/performance results from another company? IF they do which I assume, they did know exactly in which state the game for their consoles was in and it shouldn't have been in the store in the first place (at least not as a finished product).

Last edited:
The Sony CEO is bitter? Blimey he should try reading half the posts on these forums.

Dunno if he's bitter or not but for sure it's not a great CEO that allows personal ego-derived emotions to impact upon the bottom line on those cold hard balance sheets. All he needs to go do is go tick the box that puts the game back on psn, then get back to what he should really be filling his head with concern over, the curious case of the console that didn't exist. CEOs eh, who'd have 'em?

"Cyberpunk 2077’s disastrous PlayStation 4 launch is well documented, and Sony still sounds bitter about it. The game was ultimately removed from the PlayStation Store, where it’s remained absent for over two months now. The platform holder was also forced to completely alter its refund policy specifically for the sci-fi blockbuster. Needless to say, PlayStation boss Jim Ryan is p*ssed.

As part of an interview with GQ, the outspoken executive explained that his company is willing to delay software that isn’t up to scratch – unlike others. “We’re feeling pretty good about Returnal, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, and Horizon Forbidden West [releasing this year],” he said. “And, you know, there are two approaches to this: you can either hold the date and put out the game irrespective of quality or you can ship it when it’s right.

Then comes the shade: “We have always taken the latter approach. There have been some fairly high-profile instances of publishers trying the former approach. It never works at the best of times. But I think in this world, where creative people are working remotely, you’ve just got to respect the fact that that development needs to take what it needs to take and to get the games right.”

the real problem is that with Jim Ryan as CEO forget a good refund policy

CDPR needs some respect and this declaration from Jim Ryan is way out of context
How is Jim disrespectful after CDPR fooled Sony the game was running well on ps4 when it run so bad. They hide it. He talked too respectful in my opinion. :facepalm:

I think that Sony should usually have some sort of pretty strict testing BEFORE they put a game up in their store, right? Or maybe they get the testing/performance results from another company? IF they do which I assume, they did know exactly in which state the game for their consoles was in and it shouldn't have been in the store in the first place (at least not as a finished product).

yup, there's a lot of people trying to pass the buck and blame other people for whatever reason, ignoring their own place in things.

Sony is blaming developers for releasing unfinished games, as if they have no control over that. Journalists are complaining they didnt get to review ps3, even though back in my day, you told people which version you were reviewing and clearly labeled your review based on that. And if the version you played seemed buggy or unfinished, you mentioned that in your review. Journalists complaining about getting deceived by hype, though its kind of their job to get to the truth inspite of self interested marketing spin.

Basically a bunch of Co conspirators trying to lay the blame at the other guy and act innocent.

At the end of the day, Sony didnt want to push back ps4 release, and potentially miss out on sales. And they probably don't care that much about quality assurance anyway, they believe in let the buyer beware. As evidenced by their return policy
Post automatically merged:

How is Jim disrespectful after CDPR fooled Sony the game was running well on ps4 when it run so bad. They hide it. He talked too respectful in my opinion. :facepalm:
they hid nothing. Sony gets to approve or deny a game before its released on their hardware. CDPR told em, we ll make it better by release. Sony agreed to release it with minimal actual final review, because they wanted to cash in on the hype more than they wanted to assure quality. That, or they thought it was good enough.

I think that's enough deletions for such a fresh thread. Topic never had much substance in the first place -- at least substance not aiming to start arguments.

People keep being rude despite the very clear reminder on the first page.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom