Sooo, How about that Rot Tosser...?

+
Sooo, How about that Rot Tosser...?

I suggest that the stipulation "(ties are resolved randomly)" be added to the carcass. Rot Tosser is way to strong for a bronze card and can easily be played 6 times in a game (happened just now in a game via leader ability, card that lets you re trigger leader abilty, decoy and i think there is another card in NG that can put a card back into hand to replay)

Considering I haven't seen a NG deck yet that DOESN'T run the card I think thats a pretty good indicator that it is currently too powerful.

I dont know if this would make the card too weak, but for a bronze card its doing way to much work currently.

Also maybe consider making the carcuss a position based effect. It kills the units adjacent to it and maybe make the rot tosser so you can't bounce it.

I wouldn't say it's too powerful by itself. It's easily countered. The problem is that you can keep bouncing them (decoy, Emhyr, Cahir) several times a match. They're more of a disruptor than a unit used to damage the enemy. When they're forced to deal with it, they can't focus on kicking your butt.

So yeah, it's a good starter card, which is why most people are using it. It's power isn't an issue, it's that most decks can't deal with the high number of bouncings Emhyr and follow up cards can provide.

After opening all of my reward kegs from Closed Beta, I somehow wound up with 11 rot tossers... all of which I milled immediately.

I find it a pretty useless card, to be honest, since there's just so many different ways it can be countered. My opponents can decoy them back at me, lock them, blast them with spells, play a weak card to take the hit, and now, shuffle them off the board, or turn the carcasses into 12 point bears.

Yeah there is so many ways to counter the rat tosser. My favorite is the 12 point bear lol

I know there are a lot of ways to counter the Rot Tosser, but deck sizes are VERY small in Gwent, and you can't dedicate your entire deck to countering one strategy. I was able to fend off 5 of the 6 Carcasses tossed at me luckily. It just seems to me that someone having access to upwards of 6 copies of an effect that could potentially do as much damage as a scorch if you happen to not have any answers in your hand seems unbalanced.

Indeed there are a lot of ways to counter cow, but yet more ways to throw it again and again and again. . .

Top Bottom