Sooo..the new Aliens Game

+
the game has the same problems as Duke Nukem Frever (both made by Gearbox). The graphics and the gameplay are outdated. But true Alien fans could like it because there are many things which fans will recognize.

the game has the same problems as Duke Nukem Frever (both made by Gearbox). The graphics and the gameplay are outdated. But true Alien fans could like it because there are many things which fans will recognize.
I agree...I'll be recognizing those things when it drops to 5 bucks.

Metacritic... Yechh.

There used to be a time when there were actual magazines actually devoted to PC games. There used to e a time when those magazines employed actual PC gamers who actually knew shit about PC games and who actually loved PC games.

Nowadays, the magazines aren't much more than glorified blogs online, and the so-called "reporters", people who write the so-called "articles" on those so-called "magazines" are nothing more than glorified bloggers, and as such they're not your average PC gamer nerd, but your run-of-the-mill Mac-Hipster-Bloggers, who all put up a big show as far as actual first-hand experience with PC games goes, but who we all know spend more time writing their blogs than they do delving into a game, any actual game, and not Farmville on Facebook.

Those, then, are the people who write their scathing (hey, scathing sells, scathing gets clicks on your site) reviews to their glorified blog-magazines, and those "reviews" are then what metacritic consists of.

When you're better at writing than you are playing a game, and spend more time doing the former than you do the latter, why would anyone take your opinion on a game seriously?

Metacritic... Yechh.

There used to be a time when there were actual magazines actually devoted to PC games. There used to e a time when those magazines employed actual PC gamers who actually knew shit about PC games and who actually loved PC games.

Nowadays, the magazines aren't much more than glorified blogs online, and the so-called "reporters", people who write the so-called "articles" on those so-called "magazines" are nothing more than glorified bloggers, and as such they're not your average PC gamer nerd, but your run-of-the-mill Mac-Hipster-Bloggers, who all put up a big show as far as actual first-hand experience with PC games goes, but who we all know spend more time writing their blogs than they do delving into a game, any actual game, and not Farmville on Facebook.

Those, then, are the people who write their scathing (hey, scathing sells, scathing gets clicks on your site) reviews to their glorified blog-magazines, and those "reviews" are then what metacritic consists of.

When you're better at writing than you are playing a game, and spend more time doing the former than you do the latter, why would anyone take your opinion on a game seriously?
It sucks on all platforms not just PC...as a matter of fact the PC version seems to be more polished,but it's still a turd...strike two Gearbox!

It's the AI, really. From what I've seen, at least. The AI just derps around and can't hit for shit. So the parts where aliens are supposed to swarm you and you should feel like you're about to overwhelmed are nonexistant. You can take your time and maybe not even shoot them since they won't even come close to you.

Endemic problem with "movie to video game" conversion.

Off the top of my head, i can't think of a *single* good game, based on a movie property.

Off the top of my head, i can't think of a *single* good game, based on a movie property.

Not True.King Kong was a awsome movie game.Besides A:CM isnt that bad.The SP is a pile of dog crap but the mp can be fantastic with a little patching.

The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay is a fantastic game,also X-Men :Origins - Wolverine was quite good

I realize this is not really the game to have as a backdrop to make my case against meta critic but still. Just because the ratings for once ring true this time around doesn't mean that site has any justification for existing waht so ever. stop using it. It's like games industry cancer.

As for the game, god damn it does it look boring

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-aliens-colonial-marines/2300-7033/
I apologize,it wont happen again...seriously.

Riddick was excellent - Redge, go play it. Escape Butcher Bay NOW.

Books to videogames do a bit better, especially if leniency is taken. STALKER is great.

The worst thing on this game is the multiplayer! Its totaly unbalanced. The aliens are too weak! Aliens vs. Predator is much better..

I screamed and screamed, yet in Cyberspace no one cared.

I told them this game was gonna suck.
I gave them reasons why this, for us Aliens fans, is a slap in the face.
But no one listened to me.

Now, I am glad to say..

I told you so.

You told who?

Us? Yeah, we don't care. Although we do agree and probably would have in the first case.

Sega? They don't care either. GBX? Same. I understand that, amusingly, it's quite the seller on Steam. So they are making the monies.

Also, it's a shitty video game, not a slap in the face. It joins the many, many poor movie-game transports. Be happy we got AVP 1 and 2.

Top Bottom