Soooo.. What changed after 7.3?

+

rrc

Forum veteran
The partner's open is over and the decklist of the winner had been shared. I didn't see even a minute of that since somehow without a proper prize pool or my favorite streamers not playing, this event didn't appeal to me. So, the decklist of the winner is:

SK had used almost the same identical deck it has been using for last several months to get 60+ winrate.. again, in this 7.3. Ooh.. the leader was changed from RoS to PF but other than that, you can hardly find any change.
NR used Shieldwall almost the same identical deck with one high provision card exchanged for low provision card to compensate the 3 provisions lost.
ST used the same low unit (only three playable bronze cards and the rest are special cards) deck it has been using post MM.
The fourth deck is SY. This could be MO with OH. But it is still fine. So, there we have it. The almost same identical meta decks post 7.3 which were used pre 7.3.

The only way this would change is, SK getting nerfed significantly (Heimdal and Skjordal getting nerfed at least by 1 provisions) or all the other four factions getting all their 5P cards to play for 8 points (even with 5 damage + 3 body or 2 damage with 6 point body) or 4P cards playing for minimum 7 points and all their top end golds play for more value with minimum setup and maximum consistency.

Otherwise, this will keep continuing until the next expansion and whichever faction gets the best (which could be SK again) will continue to dominate until the next one but the new cards.

M3e0w

Forum regular
Nah, you're too hung up on data and stuff, the actual problem is NG, it's so overpowered that almost no one in the tournament decided to pick them since the decks would just get blacklisted anyway.

Need more nerfs to ball, maybe make it 20 provisions.

Tournament decks are supposed to be techie, I thought, but these are pretty much the meta. Nevermind the winner, I wonder how many of the top 16 fielded exactly the same 4 decks? lol. Still, Magpie rolled everyone with that Kelly cheese recently, so I guess there's some room left for improvisation. Otherwise, there's always the meta. It's probably not possible to balance your way away from it.

Shocking! Lol I've never watched any of the competitions because I already know what to expect frankly, the same netdecks I face on the ladder so I just don't see much point

Scenarios somehow got even more binary with only one way to answer them in the entire game that's what's changed. In a match where both players run scenarios the one with Heatwave wins by default. Heatwave is an autoinclude in pretty much every deck now and you better draw it or you're screwed. It's also as if they forgot other artifacts exists so those all went from low risk to zero risk. Interactivity, who needs it?
Great scenario rework LOL!
Maybe next they'll turn Heatwave into damage by 6 and give Veil or something nonsensical like that then find themselves wondering why every deck utilizes scenarios all of a sudden. It certainly wouldn't surprise me after this one.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Not much has changed, nor will change, until the next expansion, probably in late November/ December.

So get ready of 2 more months of this s...tuff :shrug:

Top Bottom