Sound and EAX ( mss32.dll ) issues

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Appname: witcher.exe Appver. 1.4.5.1282 Modname:witcher.exe Modver:1.4.5.1282 Offset:003f3df4The latest Graphicdriver is installed (G-Force 8800GTS)My System: Win XP + Service Pack 3What seems to be the trouble?(Sorry for my Bad English)

I just bought the Enhanced Edition. My game crashes shortly after clicking "Launch Game". Latest video drivers. Nothing weird running on my machine. Any ideas? Re-install?I keep a fast, clean machine. Not sure why this is giving me fits. Thanks.

Yup it was EAXSo your game crashes at start up? You get a mss32.dll error message? Then you may want to try this if you have windows XP.Go to START menu and open RUN.Type in dxdiag and click OK.Select the sound tab once the DirectX Diagnostic Tool comes up. Look for DirectX Features and set Hardware Sound Acceleration Level to no sound acceleration. By moving the slider all the way back. Once that is done try running the game again. :p I should have tried this before going to work but I was just too tired from being up all night to get the update. Cheers.

It's a generic windows error. "The Witcher has encountered an error and needs to close. Sorry for the inconvenience"This info is listed:AppName: witcher.exe AppVer: 1.4.5.1280 ModName: mss32.dll

Could just sticky my fix and others? Might be easier for people to find then. It seems like just as much work as having to constantly merge threads.

Hello there,I've finally upgraded to the Enhanced Edition and played a bit (really nice the whole new changes!) but there is a little part I am not lucky with.The EAX option is disabled so I cannot set the hook to use it in the game. I don't know if I was able to use it before the EE patch (cause I don't had a creative card then) but now I have a Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty SoundCard with latest drivers including ALchemy (the ALchemy tool finds the "Witcher" game, no problems here but how I said, I am not able to set my hook there.I am using:Windows Vista Ultimate x64 with installed SP1 and all updates Microsoft has released til todayCreative SoundBlaster X-Fi TitaniumDid I miss the trick to set it correctly or is this little function disabled for windows vista? If so, is there a way to enable it in the option files from the game itself?If you need more infomation please let me know!Kind regards and thanks in advanceXervek

Nice one Weier for the EAX fix! It works great for me, I'm using XP Pro SP3 with X-Fi Auzentech Prelude.

Xervek, there is no EAX in Windows Vista anymore, if I remember correctly. Thats why Creative brought us the Alchemy wrapper. However I don't know very much about it, cause I am still playing on WinXP.And thanks a lot from me too for the Hardware accelaration fix (whoever had the idea). However I'd like to turn the slider back to full accelarion, after all I am not only playing The Witcher on my machine. Any suggestions?

Kamano said:
Xervek, there is no EAX in Windows Vista anymore, if I remember correctly. Thats why Creative brought us the Alchemy wrapper. However I don't know very much about it, cause I am still playing on WinXP.And thanks a lot from me too for the Hardware accelaration fix (whoever had the idea). However I'd like to turn the slider back to full accelarion, after all I am not only playing The Witcher on my machine. Any suggestions?
Have you tried the workaround fix provided in post #64 of this thread?

Kamano said:
Xervek, there is no EAX in Windows Vista anymore, if I remember correctly. Thats why Creative brought us the Alchemy wrapper. However I don't know very much about it, cause I am still playing on WinXP.
Thanks for your answer! Yes I know that Vista doesn't support EAX anymore but how you correctly said therefor Creative build the ALchemy tool. And the ALchemy tool correctly find the Witcher as an installed game but this doesn't help me because I cannot turn the option in the game menu on, it is greyed out so... no chance to enable it and this is my little problem...
Kamano said:
Thank you for your answer too! Yes, now I've tried it but without success. I am still not able to turn the option on. Still greyed out.

I think that question about the workaround was directed to me. ;)I just downloaded the fix and read the readme. I thought it could be wise to simply try to update my Radgametools-drivers, since Miles are from Rad, too. And yo, I loaded the latest Radgametools.exe, installed and could start the game after it with full Hardware acceleration activated. BUT strangely, the Radgametools doesn't include the Miles drivers, if I understand that correctly. So it seems the problems is solving itself after the game has been started and played once already after EE-installation. *shrugs*Thanks anyway. :)Another thing I just wondered about is: why this problem about the Miles audio drivers and/or hardware acceleration (the ms32.dll case) is merged into a thread about EAX problems? Thought they would be differnent things, arent they? I dont even have a Creative audio card in use at the moment.

Weier said:
So i try a little bit and made you a patch for the eax-bug.You can use full hardware acceleration.Simply copy the files in the archieve but make a backup of the originals first!!!!http://uploadfile.org/download.php?id=FBphKrj6VAnixPV6mqYvI take the files from COD4, it is a problem with the miles sound system and binkvideo....I use winxp x86 sp3 btwPlease post if it works for you.
Good lord it worked thank you so much! What is this company smoking releasing bug after bug. I jsut want my $50 worth and haven't even finished the game yet. I don't care how good the story is or the creativity is if the game is broke.

Xervek said:
Xervek said:
Thank you for your answer too! Yes, now I've tried it but without success. I am still not able to turn the option on. Still greyed out.
After you applied the EAX workaround files, did you remember to turn acceleration back up? The only reason I ask is, I noticed on mine, with acceleration down a notch, the EAX was grayed out.

EAX problem on Vista x86 with Creative X-Fi XtremeGamerAfter installing the EE patch the game would not start. I got the following error:"The Witcher has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."I found this thread but couldn't use the sound hardware acceleration slider fix becuase DirectX 10 does not have this. I opened Creative Alchemy and disabled the game and I can now run it without EAX (not acceptable in my opinion). I have tried the EAX temp fix posted by Wieir in post #64 but it didn't work.I can't believe after all CDPRs talk about this being the bug free version they wish the original could have been, they have released with such an obvious bug. It would be nice to have a statement from them explaining themselves.

warc said:
warc said:
So i try a little bit and made you a patch for the eax-bug.You can use full hardware acceleration.Simply copy the files in the archieve but make a backup of the originals first!!!!http://uploadfile.org/download.php?id=FBphKrj6VAnixPV6mqYvI take the files from COD4, it is a problem with the miles sound system and binkvideo....I use winxp x86 sp3 btwPlease post if it works for you.
Good lord it worked thank you so much! What is this company smoking releasing bug after bug. I jsut want my $50 worth and haven't even finished the game yet. I don't care how good the story is or the creativity is if the game is broke.
Does not work for me; runnin Vista 32 ultimate.

I'm not getting any sound in the game under options everything seems to be correct. Sound works fine on all my other games so I'm at lose as to why Sound isn't working here. Any help would be greatly appriaciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom