Sound and EAX ( mss32.dll ) issues

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here with PC Wizard - driver selection is greyed out... PC Wizard 2008 Version 1.86------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.01.2600 Service Pack 3Report Date: Wednesday 17 September 2008 at 12:22------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> > Mainboard : Gigabyte P35-DS4 > Chipset : Intel P31/P35 > Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 @ 3000 MHz > Physical Memory : 4096 MB (4 x 1024 DDR2-SDRAM ) > Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra > Hard Disk : ST3500320AS (500 GB) > Hard Disk : WDC (250 GB) > Hard Disk : WD (500 GB) > DVD-Rom Drive : HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H62N > DVD-Rom Drive : TV4657O EAJ953T > Monitor Type : ViewSonic VX924 - 19 inches > Network Card : Realtek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC > Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.01.2600 Service Pack 3 > DirectX : Version 9.0c (May 2008)------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------***** End of report *****

Here's mine:> > Mainboard : Unspecified GA-K8NF-9 > Chipset : nVidia nForce4 > Processor : AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ @ 2200 MHz > Physical Memory : 2048 MB (2 x 1024 DDR-SDRAM ) > Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT > Hard Disk : ST3250823AS (250 GB) > Hard Disk : ST3250823AS (250 GB) > Hard Disk : Seagate (250 GB) > DVD-Rom Drive : SONY CD-RW CRX320EE > DVD-Rom Drive : SONY DVD RW DRU-710A > DVD-Rom Drive : LEFUPWB LENGXEFC5Q SCSI CdRom Device > Monitor Type : Samsung SyncMaster - 18 inches > Network Card : Microsoft Corp Microsoft Corp > Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.01.2600 Service Pack 2 > DirectX : Version 9.0c (December 2008)

Hey mattg63 it would seem that our error messages are identical except mine says AppVer: 1.4.5.1282 and your says AppVer: 1.4.5.1280. And looking at your hardware specs I don't think that the game complains about the lack of resources. That is certainly not the case with my machine LOLIn the meantime I'll wait patiently (or not) for someone from CD Projekt to suggest something... is there a way to submit an email to them directly? ST_Ghost I assume that you meant CD Projekt folks when you said that you forwarded the issue to the techical folks? :)Thanks again

The tech folks are more or less Licaon and Mobidoy around here, as this is the unofficial fan run support :)I did drop CDPR a headsup on the issue as well though.

mattg63 said:
mattg63 said:
EE crashes due to EAX, disable it via "Advanced Sound Proprieties" -> "Performance", just move the "Hardware acceleration" slider one step back.
How can you adjust sound properties when the game crashes before it even starts. The screen goes black and an error message pops up. For the tech support guys: all my drivers are current and DirectX is the current version. I literally can't do anything in the game because it crashes before anything starts up. Any other suggestions? The original version worked perfectly for me.
I'm talking about Windows, not ingame proprieties :

That actually worked. I just tried it and the game started. The original version ran fine with that setting all the way up.

Ok, I played for a few minutes and the game appears to run just fine with the hardware acceleration backed off one notch. It would be nice to get a patch for this so I don't have to change this setting everytime I want to play this game though. Thanks for the help.

Wow! I did work for me as well Jorje... I moved mine just a step back and the game started... what gives? But if it works am not going to question it... thank you very much! I assumed you were talking about the in-game options...Thanks again...

So now the only outstanding issue relates to the lack of a CD key for Steam downloaded games... I understand that CDPR is working on that with Steam though...

mattg63 said:
Ok, I played for a few minutes and the game appears to run just fine with the hardware acceleration backed off one notch. It would be nice to get a patch for this so I don't have to change this setting everytime I want to play this game though. Thanks for the help.
Once you get into the game you can turn back to full acceleration, just don't touch EAX via ingame settings ;)

Thanks for the help Jorje, how did you find that out btw :)Re: CDkey, CDPR is working on that. In the meantime, try contacting Steam Support to ask them for it.

ST_Ghost, I'm curious myself how did Jorje figure out that the EAX was the issue? Would have never thought that nudging the acceleration would solve the issue... am impressed and humbled all at the same time LOLJust sent a question to Steam re: missing CD key...

Actually thanks to Assassin's Creed, it has problems with full acceleration as well. When i bought and downloaded EE i ran it just to check, everything was OK ,after that i thought about full acceleration(forgot to turn it back after Assassin's Creed) and EE refused to start :)

But now if i turn "full acceleration" back EAX doesn't enable itself ingame, dunno why. But EAX surely is the problem - try to turn it on(ingame), Witcher instantly crashes.

if this sound trick works then the onboard soundcards are at faultyou guys should have posted the full pcwizard report even if drivers can't be selectedgame on!

hey guys, finished downloading The Witcher EE this morning off of steam, went to options to max everything except when i try to turn on eax and click accept, the game shuts down and an error msg pops up saying the witcher experienced an unkown error. I am not the only one to experience this problem, and i assume it was something to do with creative sound cards. http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8159330&posted=1#post8159330 Here is my computer setup:Intel C2D E6600EVGA 8800GTX2 Gigs of RamXi-fi Xtreme MusicLatest Direct X drivers (had to get the august update for Sup Com forged alliance). And for the record i have never had a problem like this with another game, in terms of audio problems or selecting eax or whatever.

I also bought this game from steam and have the same problem. The original worked on my computer with no trouble, but this will not.I have a Creative X-Fi card that came with its own software. I cant find the hardware acceleration option to turn it off. Can someone give directions for it?EDIT: Never mind, you just need to go through the control panel.

My sound card is a Soundblaster Audigy 4. I have the most recent drivers and I have never had a compatibility problem with it before.Go to your control panel and open the audio properties (sounds and audio devices). From there click on Audio tab, then "advanced", then on the Performance tab. Then just slide the top one to the left one notch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom