Sound and EAX ( mss32.dll ) issues

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what focus has said, if he is now having this problem, whereas eax worked fine before the EE edition, then it shouldnt be a problem with the x-fi cards and hopefully its something CDP can look into and fix for us : ).its not just these two x-fi models, on the steampowered forums for the witcher, someone with a x-fi platinum is also experiencing the problem.

and you did not change anything else in the meantime? like installing a Windows Service Pack or updating sound drivers or something?

well i have service pack 3 installed for xp, dont know about everyone else. when i first tried, i had my original drivers from 2005, never have updated. So i figured that could be the problem, so i downloaded the latest drivers from july 2008, same problem.

LicaonKter said:
and you did not change anything else in the meantime? like installing a Windows Service Pack or updating sound drivers or something?
In my case the machine has exactly the same drivers, etc as it did the night before when I was running the original game and could select EAX with no problems. I am running the latest drivers for all my hardware and all MS updates installed (service pack 3 included, and August's Directx version). The machine had XP freshly installed about 3 weeks ago and I used all of the latest drivers at that time. My Witcher version is also the boxed version not a download version whether that matters or not. As IMP07 has said it does seem to be a problem with the EE, and hopefully some fix can be found.

Strangely enough i installed TWEE update for the Witcher and everything was fine, cept i have no sound at all in game (cutscenes included). I have been running about a little and noticed everything is as should be. Its also worth nothing that i had it all up to date before hand and it was fine (sound and all) which was just before i downloaded the TWEE. I also tried re-installing the TWEE update and the English language pack to no avail . Some help would be nice, otherwise good job CD Projekt. :-\

I upgraded my copy of the Witcher to the EE. I start the game up, screen goes black for a couple of seconds then Windows Vista(32bit) tells me the game has quite working because of a problem. Anyone else getting this problem, and know how to fix it?

AppName: witcher.exe AppVer: 1.4.5.1282 ModName: mss32.dllModVer: 7.0.20.0 Offset: 0001438fWTF!!!I did a clean reinstallation of the game what is this crap? That's the second time I got this. Any idea what the problem is? I know others have it as well. Running Win XP Pro SP3.

I bought the UK retail version. Installed everything fine, but when i go to start it. The game will crash as soon as it launches saying theres a problem with witcher.exe I looked at the report and it says something like mss32.dll I downloaded this and put it in my system/system32 directory. Restarted my pc and still no luck.My specs are:CPU: Intel Core Duo 2.1ghzRam: 3gb (4gb)Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce 8800GTOS: Windows XP 32bit & Service Pack 3Soundcard: Creative X-FI Extreme Music

WINXP SP3 X-Fi Extreme GamerAll recent driversGame is crashing.Guys, how couldnt you check that?! you had beta testers, eax is one of the options that people are switching on, many people, actually almost all with sound blaster.How does it happend that you released a patch with such a bug?I am afraid what alse did you missed but is not so obvious...Besides that great job! really.

this is a question for the mods, i wrote the original topic and you seemed to have merged lisiors so that his original message comes first, when in fact I started this topic. Why were they merged? my problem along with some others has to deal with eax not working with xp and being shut down when selected, not vista problems with the game not starting at all. And the workaround that pertains to vista isnt what i had in mind when i originally created this topic. Im trying to find out if CDP can look into a fix so that my x-fi can run eax with this game!

So i try a little bit and made you a patch for the eax-bug.You can use full hardware acceleration.Simply copy the files in the archieve but make a backup of the originals first!!!!http://uploadfile.org/download.php?id=FBphKrj6VAnixPV6mqYvI take the files from COD4, it is a problem with the miles sound system and binkvideo....I use winxp x86 sp3 btwPlease post if it works for you.

Hey there, I'm having the exact same trouble as the esteemed gentleman above me. Ironically, I have the original game which I bought when it came out last year, that worked fine, not a problem. However, really really wanted the enhanced version and tried to download and had to register with a cd key, fair enough, one problem, my brand new copy of The Witcher came without a hard copy of the manual, just a pdf format one, so no key.....bugger. Anyhoo, thought I'd jump that problem by going out and buying the retail UK of the shiny new enhanced version which I did today. Great packaging and extras and wot not, very impressed. Just annoyed at the one tiny little problem of the game not running. The launcher comes up fine, click on start game and screen goes black, flickers a couple of times then the dreaded window pops up saying that windows has encountered a serious error and the app must close....send error report yadda yadda yadda......well...all I can say is AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH.Please, all you tech and software whizzes out there, is there or can you find a solution for this teeny weeny little problem as I think I've lined Atari's and CDProjekts pockets enough with this one title, plus I really wanna play the damn thing, lol.

Exactly the same problem here as well. Tried all the usual stuff (drivers up to date, stopped AVG, etc, etc) but no luck so far.Never had any problem with the original version. Oh and I'm on XP

Weier said:
So i try a little bit and made you a patch for the eax-bug.You can use full hardware acceleration.Simply copy the files in the archieve but make a backup of the originals first!!!!http://uploadfile.org/download.php?id=FBphKrj6VAnixPV6mqYvI take the files from COD4, it is a problem with the miles sound system and binkvideo....I use winxp x86 sp3 btwPlease post if it works for you.
Thanks bunches! Seems to work so far for me ;DI have XP Pro w/sp2 and a SB X-Fi XtremeGamer with the latest drivers

Have any of you tried backing up your graphics card acceleration one notch? Quite a few had the problem you are talking about and that seemed to work around it.Also, you might try this... http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=16688.msg390505#newThe problem isn't exactly the same but it may work. Worth a try?Good luck :)

Hi,I have the same problem with Italian version. Before the 1.4 update everythig was ok.I have a Creative SoundBlaster Live!Thanks

Wabbit said:
Wabbit said:
Thanks bunches! Seems to work so far for me ;DI have XP Pro w/sp2 and a SB X-Fi XtremeGamer with the latest drivers
Glad to help you. :)I have a X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty pro soundcard

I just finished downloading the EE and waiting for the stupidly long install process.. to get some error msg saying it need's to close and it says something about mss32 or something. I don't care if this has been posted cause i'm really pissed i wasted 2+ hr's waiting for all this stuff to DL and not work... i refuse! to reinstall and wait for that much time again.. so how do i fix this?And yes i followed all the install directions to the word (Put all in the same folder and run the EXE blah blah blah)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom