Sound and EAX ( mss32.dll ) issues

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
for all:get your latest audio driversget the latest Miles audio: http://www.radgametools.com/mssdown.htm install it somewhere, back up your mss32.dll from The Witcher/System folder, replace it with the one from the Miles foldereven lower audio acceleration

lovingbenji said:
I have the exact same problem under WinXp SP3 and an Audigy 2ZS soundcard with the latest drivers installed.The workaround (by lowering the hardware acceleration in the windows conf panel) works, however, since, the game starts but I don't have anymore the EAX option, (in any game in fact, not just witcher !!).Any chance to have a patch/fix for this ?
Meier's fix works for me like a charm, EAX also re-activated in the game. Thx a lots guy ;)

The fix posted here works.But now the update line is flashing in the launcher, when I click it it says i have version 1.3. It did show 1.4. Now what?

Same problem here, with english (UK) version. Up to version 1.3 all is fine. After installing 1.4 and language pack the game won't start.I have re-installed the complete game twice now, and I still get the 'must close' error message just after launching the game..I am currently re-downloading the EE files, but I fear it is a bug of some sort ...

>The fix posted here works.which one?>But now the update line is flashing in the launcher, when I click it it says i have version 1.3. It did show 1.4. Now what?if you launch the game and it works ok, just ignore that

LicaonKter said:
>The fix posted here works.which one?>But now the update line is flashing in the launcher, when I click it it says i have version 1.3. It did show 1.4. Now what?if you launch the game and it works ok, just ignore that
Woops I thought i was in the other EAX thread. That fix for replacing 2 system files and the Miles folder was here:http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=16688.msg390420#msg390420Sorry I dunno how to do links.And thanks for the quick response, I'll assume 1.4 is working then. Thank you!

Hi SCOTTCSMITH,thanks a lot for your workaround concerning mss32.dll problem.I tried and it worked fine for me.QUOTEAll we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. J. R. R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring British scholar & fantasy novelist (1892 - 1973)

Weier said:
So i try a little bit and made you a patch for the eax-bug.You can use full hardware acceleration.Simply copy the files in the archieve but make a backup of the originals first!!!!http://uploadfile.org/download.php?id=FBphKrj6VAnixPV6mqYvI take the files from COD4, it is a problem with the miles sound system and binkvideo....I use winxp x86 sp3 btwPlease post if it works for you.
*bow* This got it working for me. I'm useing a Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro on WindowsXP 32 SP2. However once I turned on eax everything did not sound right with my 5.1 setup. I like it better without eax. Nonetheless thanks for the fix Weier *bow*

Same 4 me. Freshly installed witcher and patched with 1.4 + language Pack + New Adventures. The game starts up, the Screen goes black, and -WHACK- "Witcher.exe has encountered an error" shutdown.This is really annoying..My sysspecs:Intel C2D 8400 @3,6Ghz2GB RamAti HD 4800 512MBWinXP SP3Any other game, this includes Crysis WARHEAD, run just fine, witcher even refuses to start! :(

Same problem.MY FIX:Run DXDIAG, select sound tab, set Hardware Sound Acceleration Level to 'Standard' (mine was on Full)Now it works!! :)

yes everything looks in order I get my sound card works fine everywhere else my headset is plugged in my dxdiag comes up clean.when I run the intro outside of the game it has sound just not in the game itself, even the atari movie has no sound.also the FX folder is compleetly empty.I understand the problem now, I have no sound because the sound files are all missing........

I was advise by ArfurBrain a little below so, I am giving this information to all. Go to Start - Load (Launch) and write here dxdiag and push OK. A table about Direct X will appear. Go to sound and set hardware acceleration from the most right position to the left, from full acceleration to normal acceleration. And it´s all. Game will start working, at least for me is working already. After my first starting I went to this table again and put this lever to the most right position again and my game proceed working. I hope it will help some people here. :) :wave:

ArfurBrain said:
Same problem.MY FIX:Run DXDIAG, select sound tab, set Hardware Sound Acceleration Level to 'Standard' (mine was on Full)Now it works!! :)
Yeah, this worls for me as well. Thank you very much. :)

Tremerian said:
yes everything looks in order I get my sound card works fine everywhere else my headset is plugged in my dxdiag comes up clean.when I run the intro outside of the game it has sound just not in the game itself, even the atari movie has no sound.also the FX folder is compleetly empty.I understand the problem now, I have no sound because the sound files are all missing........
Um...My FX and Sound folders are also completely empty and I get sound just fine so I dont think this is your proublem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom