Sound and EAX ( mss32.dll ) issues

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I've waited for TW:EE for months since I hoped it would fix all the crashes on my machine since it prevents me from playing. I haven't even completed chapter 3 yet. :wall:I'll just describe my problem and hope that some kind soul out there is able to help me. :angel:I've already searched the forum for this/these problems but haven't found any answers that solves anything so I figured I create my own topic at last.I'm running Windows Vista (32-bit) on a HP laptop (HP Pavilion dv9380) on the resolution 1440x900 with everything on low except for textures and lighting quality that is on highest with a decent framerate and no lagg. I haven't been able to complete the prologue yet with EE because of the crashes so I haven't been able to analyze my problems very well.So, the game crashes randomly when opening inventory, I believe that happened even before EE to some people including me, haven't ever found any solution to this problem though.But that is not my major problem, I can live with it, so keep reading.There is also two more crashes that seem to always occur, the first is when you ask Eskel if he feels at home at Kaer Morhen, before you make the potion for Triss, at the end of the conversation the game always crashes no matter what I do, although all the other conversation options work fine. The second crash is right after you have gotten your armor and sword from Vesemir and asked him about the celandine and is asked to skin the frightener, the game works fine right after the conversation but after a short while OR if I open the menu to save, it crashes, no matter what I do. THAT is what prevents me from continuing, what do I know? Maybe I'll get rid of the crashes if I manage to complete the prologue. ::)I suspect the crashes is because of my sound card (or the way it's configured) so I have tried to disable the sound in-game or just turning off environmental effects to see if it makes any difference, it doesn't (This isn't a EAX problems since I can't even check the option to use EAX). Can't turn of hardware acceleration off either because of that sound is handled in a different way on Vista or something.Haven't ever had those problems before (except for the inventory/journal problem). When I first got the game it was very little crashes and it worked fine until the 1.3 patch came. And that were just some more random crashes in game play that were helped by lowering resolution and graphics.So, I believe that describes my problem(s), I included a PC Wizard log too. If you need to know anything more, just ask!P.S PC Wizard always crashes when I make a log, but I believe what I got out of it is everything, I wasn't able to check the box for "With the drivers information" either, for some reason. :(Edit: All drivers are up to date and downloaded from HP.Thanks in advance/Johen

I am having no isue running the game whatsoever. VIsta x64 4gb RAM, creative x-fi card and nvidia 880Ultra, all make for one playable game. However I am now getting (since 1.4 patch) repeated envirmental sounds such as gates opening and clock bells ringing, in the bckground. They are also distorted. It solves it for about 1 minute if it turn sound off and back on again, but very soon starts up again. if i turn off eax and environmental sounds I still get the issue.

i just read the first 2 page and i have the same problem and fixed it by reducing the hardware acceleration.here are my specs:Intel Core2Duo E6705ASUS P5N-D Motherboard (nVidia 750i SLI Chipset)Geforce 8800GT 512MB with 175.19 Drivers4GB DDr2 RAM by G.Skill (3,25 avaible due to 32bit OS)Creative X-Fi GamerWindows XP SP3 32biteverything with the latest stable drives, more details:http://www.sysprofile.de/id43691i hope this will be fixed in a future patch =)

Vista + Alchemy --> EAX option ingame not grey but no sound if i tick itVista + Alchemy + fix post #64 --> EAX ok but stutters at the beginning of the sentance Vista + Alchemy (read this http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=3160.msg149741#msg149741) + fix post #64 --> all ok

After installing Enhanced Edition patch the game just crashes to the desktop.Tell me I'm not the only one.(System Specs)Motherboard: Asus P5K Premium/WiFi-APCPU: Intel Core2 Duo E6850 3.00GHzRam: Corsair PC2-8500 C5 2GBVideo Card: XFX Nvidia 8600 GT 250 MBSound Card: Soundblaster Audigy2 ZSHard Disk: Seagate SATAOS: XP

I install TWEE_Upgrade and then TWEE_English_Language_Packand I get this:http://img379.imageshack.us/my.php?image=65684015zz9.jpg

That's an EAX related error. To fix it, change your hardware acceleration for your audio in windows to at least 1 below the maximum.http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=16688.0

Do you receive an error message? If so, please post the EXACT error message you receive (including the module name and offset or memory address) - you may need to click an 'additional info' button to get this information when the crash occurs.

More details needed.Check if your problem is identical to that one:http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17090.0If yes, follow the stpes outlined there.

it worked but created a new problemNow I need to figure out how to get the environmental effects and EAX to work in the game with my X-Fi XtremeGamer. I didn't get an X-Fi 17 months ago only to deal with THIS in games.

In XP, I fixed this problem by turning down the hardware acceleration settings for sound. Go to the control panel, open the sound device icon, pick speakers, advanced, the performance tab, and drop it from FULL to STANDARD. Does that help?

So i had take my time reinstall the original TW, patch to 1.3and make a backup of the miles-files.Then i install the ee-patch and copy them back.Now eax sounds like in version 1.3 there is no stutter or strange sound like in my first fix.You must not reinstall and can dl the files here.http://uploadfile.org/download.php?id=R0EUiIiv4AjaDWkZRUdTIt really should work now without any errors.But i am not a patcher, so Team Red use this info that the miles/bink-files are broken and make a little official patch, please. :)

Thanks SluggyBiscuit. Standard instead of Full for sound worked.The game is running as I type. Very cool. Now if everyone can see yourfix headaches would go away without Advil. Congrats :peace:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom