Sound and EAX ( mss32.dll ) issues

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why I have no sound, I've tried most of the "fixes"posted here but ultimatly I find myself unable to resolve the problem, time for an uninstall .

Try my new patch.I used the files from The Witcher 1.3http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17111.0

BIGThx, That helps. I had the same Problem, after the first sucessfull start i changed back to full acceleration,voila -> game still working ;D

> Why do we even have CP if the damned thing phones home and registers online anyways?only REGISTER.EXE phones home, not the game> The sad part is that by the time I get everything sorted out an alternative for win2k will probably exist, and it will probably function better under win2k or worst case I just run it under linxu + wine + alternative fix.hopefully any future CDP games will run natively under Linux, but that's another thing ;)now, many had these Miles related problems, maybe just because they had an istalled DLL in the first place anyway

I had made a thread with a patch what used the miles files from witcher 1.3 but it has beendeleted without any reason. :mad:So much about if someone want help.Its weekend the people wanna play!!!RED Team patch it yourself if you dont let me. :-X

Weier said:
I had made a thread with a patch what used the miles files from witcher 1.3 but it has beendeleted without any reason. :mad:So much about if someone want help.Its weekend the people wanna play!!!RED Team patch it yourself if you dont let me. :-X
Your original post said the miles files were from call of duty 4, not Witcher 1.3... so my guess is that was why it was deleted. But yes, it did work, so for those that got the DLLs from your first post, thanks. If it's true that the 1.3 DLLs work as well, maybe they won't delete such a post, and then others could benefit from the fix.

AesirRising said:
AesirRising said:
Your original post said the miles files were from call of duty 4, not Witcher 1.3... so my guess is that was why it was deleted. But yes, it did work, so for those that got the DLLs from your first post, thanks. If it's true that the 1.3 DLLs work as well, maybe they won't delete such a post, and then others could benefit from the fix.
Mhhh i made the thread today an call it "better eax patch" and also wrote that the files from witcher 1.3 .So im a little dissapointed that such help would be deleted....If you want do it manually you need the mss32.dll and the binkw32.dll from the 1.3 witcher/system dir and the whole witcher/system/miles directory....I have a download link but maybe then all will be deleted again.That all are witcher files.... strangeEDIT:Ok my thread isnt deleted was only moved to this one :)

I do not have any problems with the game launching or crashing out. My problem is that the sound is full of static and scratchy. I have tried both my onboard sound, Sygma-Tel and my USB X-Fi, each has the same problem. I do not have EAX enabled, when I did try to add it to Alchemy then the game crashed out. Took it off and it started and played fine again, (with the exception of sound).Anyone else with this trouble? As with everyone else my game with 1.3 played flawlessly with everything turned up to max. Looking for any suggestions.

I have exactly the same problem LOCHMANN and I hope this issue gets addressed. The only workaround I did was to hook up my speakers to the onboard audio of my DFI UT-P35 which is not that shabby but I would really prefer hooking them up to my Auzentech Prelude is not for those damn irritating scratchy and irritating noise :wall:Running the game under Vista Ultimate 64-bit SP1

The only workaround I did was to hook up my speakers to the onboard audio of my DFI UT-P35
Yeah, I tried just running through my notebook speakers with the Sygma-Tel as primary sound card but it was no difference. Oddly the music at the in game loading screen was clean but any other time, in game or even at the menu screen the sound, (music, voices and effects) are filled with so much static that the game is unplayabe.

For the unfortunate bunch who have been experiencing crashes during game launch, I think I found a solution for the issue. This issue is related to EAX but it is NOT the standard EAX fix mentioned elsewhere on the forum. If you have a similar problem but do not have an X-Fi soundcard then this has nothing to do with you.This is how I resolved the issue:1) Open up the Creative ALchemy program. If you do not have it istalled go here and scroll down to ALchemy 1.20.04: http://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=1&CatName=Sound+Blaster&subCatID=208&subCatName=X-Fi&prodID=15853&prodName=X-Fi+XtremeGamerThe ALchemy program restores EAX in games that have is disabled.2) Once opened, you should see The Witcher listed. Make sure it is not listed under "ALchemy-enbled Games." If it is not and the game still crashes, try moving it back and forth between the two categories and see if that helps.

Hello, I've just bought and installed The Witcher Enhanced Edition, having already owned The Witcher and loved playing it, I decided to buy the Enhanced Edition and installed the game fresh on my new computer. Having just started the game (literally just got to the intro videos) I realised that the sound was having problems, constant choppines and what amounts to static as if from a radio. I've dabbled in the Audio configurations of the game to try and fix it but nothing worked, I've also tried updating my sound drivers but at the moment I have the latest versions, I decided to remove and reinstall the driver and that also fixed nothing. I'm using Vista 32Bit, and my sound card is a Creative SB X-Fi. Driver issued: 21/02/2008Sound card driver version is: 6.0.1.1283It's also important to note that the sound problems don't only occur at the menu, but rather through-out the entire game, I tried playing a little bit, spent about 20 minutes until I just couldn't bare it anymore, the choppiness is almost constant. One preculier thing is that the static sound doesn't appear in the background music during loading screens, but everything else is affected, from character dialogues to fighting sequences, and even the opening cinematics. I would really appreciate any kind of help, thank you. Edit: I've also just tried disabling EAX Effects, but the problem still persists.

OKay I've found a solution to getting EAX sound for the witcher in Vista with Creative EAX Sound Cards.1st - Set The Witcher and Creative Alchemy to run as administrator (thanks to hawke for this)2nd - Open The Witcher settings in Aclhemy and change buffer to 6 and duration to 5. If your still getting stuttering / distortion then try playing with these settings (thanks to ErrantShadow for this)3rd - Enable the Witcher in Alchemy

I haven't read the whole thread, but I did have the game crash on launch because of the EAX problem. I found one solution - don't know if it's been mentioned before but here it is again:Windows XP- Open control panel->Sounds and Audio DevicesUnder Speaker Settings, click AdvancedClick Performance tabReduce Hardware Acceleration slider by at least one 'click' (that's 'standard acceleration'). This got the game to launch (minus EAX of course).

I posted about the same problem in the Sounds/EAX problem thread, no help yet. I used my SB X-Fi as well as my on board Sygma-Tel card, external speakers and my internals. No change. You decribe your problem exactly as what I have, the only difference is that I upgraded my game with the download.Here's hoping someone can come up with a solution for us.

After installing the Enhanced Edition patch 1.3>1.4, I can no longer get the game to start up. It crashed immediately after attempting to launch the game (before any of the splash screens). I reinstalled the game and patched it from 1.0 and had the same problem. The game will simply not start. My drivers and everything are fully updated, and I had no problems before installing the "patch," so I was wondering if anyone had composed a list of solutions. I've been running the game in 1024x768 and I have EAX enabled.System:NVidia Geforce 8800 GTSoundblaster Audigy 2 ZSAthlon 64 X2 6400+plenty of RAM and hard drive space

It could be any one of a small list of errors. Could you be more specific about what kind of error you're getting? Please include the output it gives you, if you can.We have almost the exact same system, so we might be able to help each other out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom