+
Status
Not open for further replies.
bobos said:
bobos said:
bobos said:
bobos said:
bobos said:
WangoTango: The link provided by Licaon actually has a fix for that specific problem. Additionally, it shows directories that may help answer your other questions. You've probably already downloaded/installed all the latest SoundMax drivers and related software so that would rule that out as part of the problem...let us know what happens if you try the fix in the FAQ. :)
I have the latest soundmax drivers and have tried downloading the "silence" ogg files and creating the override directory as instructed in the FAQ. No luck. I still get the bonging sound when moving. I even renamed the orignal file under data/music/menu and replaced it with the silence version. Still no luck. Still get the bonging sound
Again, can I get some help on this. It looks like the whole forum is focused on getting EAX to work. How about some help getting my soundfx to work without the meditation "bonging" constantly.I have tried all the fixes on this forum (with the possible exception of the latest round of miles updates (tried the earlier ones to no avail) but those sound like EAX issues.Help Pls
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nmyay4jlnkmPeople read the Enhanced Edition FAQ. It's right under the shortcut on the right hand side right below new screenshots the moment you get on the witcher community website.
We already tried that.Several days ago. It doesn't work.My issue is different but the supposed solution is in thatfile too. It-doesn't-work.
Exactly Bobos. I haved tried that/those fixes with the override folder and the "silent" ogg file. It doesn't work.

RedDragon2k1 said:
Thanks for the quick response Licaon_Kter however none of the fixes in the attached thread had any effect on the problem i am having. Seems very odd that i only have the bell sound when i walk/run and it varies dependant on whether i am walking or running. However the rain sound is constant I have started a new game and loaded a save. Everything worked fine before i installed 1.4 EE.I had problems upgrading to EE using 2 downlaod versions 1 from metaboli and 1 from Atari directly.I uninstalled each version before installing the other and i even purchased a CD version of the witcher and applied the EE patch.At least i can now load the game however it is unbearable to play due to the sound problems although they do stop during speech and cutscenes.Very odd.
I have this exact same problem (and only after the new 1.4 EE update) that I have raised in another thread with no results. I have tried all the fixes suggested as well Reddragon. I hope someone can help us as I love the game but playing with SFX turned off all the time really reduces the pleasure/immersion factor to the point I don't want to run it. Somehow the "bonging" sound has been mapped to the "walking" sound. Surely there must be a fix for this. And by the way, i have an internal Soundmax card so it doesn't sound like it is card or card driver specific.

guys, since i can't reproduce these sound errors on my machine this makes debugging hardcan you try to use D'jinni and find these sounds that you hear and post their names?10Q

Ive tried to find the a solution on the forum but since I havent been able to find anything regarding this (if there is I apologize).After I downloaded the patch from fileplanet (because downloading from the official site would take forever and then some) and patching the game I havent been able to actually start the game. AppName: witcher.exe AppVer: 1.4.5.1282 ModName: mss32.dllModVer: 7.0.20.0 Offset: 0001438fThats the error I keep getting no matter what I try to start.

The EAX fix worked great for me. I can now enable EAX and what a difference it makes for 5.1 sound. Night and day difference, They realy need to fix this officially.

I installed the first edition (normal?) and patched up to v1.4.Start the game - no sound, no music, nothing to hear in the backround...My System is up2date(drivers)Disable or minimize the sound hardware acc won't fix the prob)The folder Sounds (.\The Witcher\Data\Sounds) is EMPTY - is that normal?The disable sound box is not checked.Can anyone help me?

Whisperwind said:
sound is normal, at least guesing from my empty folder.Now, did you download only patch 1.4? there is language packs too, drop them to same folder were patch was/is and instal it
Thx 4 the info with the Sounds folder.I installed patch 1.4 (909 MB) and then i started the installation of my language pack (550 MB v14.0.0.162) - but the installer show me the readme - i click the install button, installation succesfully (after 4 seconds or something).Both files are on my desktop ( you wrote: drop them to same folder were patch was/is and install it). I think the language pack installation must be a little longer or not?I see that the installer installed a Setup.dll and then succesfully...Edit: The installer sux - he will only install 260kb on my hdd. My language is checked in a dark grey (both - language and subtitles).So - 4 what do i need the language pack? The game is installed in german - v1.0 runs nice without problems AND sound/music and all the other stuff in the background.I installed patch 1.4 AND the language pack - game runs - no sound/music. Thats crap.I am feel like a comedian - i downloaded 550 MB (language pack) and it will only install 260 kb... thats serious

Try moving the patch and language pack to the same directory you've installed The Witcher to and running it from there (after rolling back the failed install). I noticed both patch and pack behaved differently when installing from a different directory from where The Witcher is installed to as when we ran it in the same directory. It might be worth a shot.

Anyone else experience this error? I couldn't find any immediate literature (pardon me tho, i'm kinda 'new' to this stuff) Its a mss32.dll notificationI don't know what that means...all help would be greatly appreciated-and i apologize if i missed the solution in some other thread.

Sp33dyG said:
Edit: The installer sux - he will only install 260kb on my hdd. My language is checked in a dark grey (both - language and subtitles).So - 4 what do i need the language pack? The game is installed in german - v1.0 runs nice without problems AND sound/music and all the other stuff in the background.I installed patch 1.4 AND the language pack - game runs - no sound/music. Thats crap.
did you check the files first? http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/1.4_patchdid you rename the files by mistake?can you try the alternate install method? http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0

Issue for me has been resolved by dual booting Vista with XP Pro. Same hardware different operating system and The witcher is once more a joy to play. If any one has more experience resolving game issues i'd be willing to provide whatever information may be required to assist in resolving this issue.

Well I'll start going through the 27 pages in a minute but just in case someone can answer my question before-hand:I bought the game on Friday from Direct2Drive. I have a kick arse system and I have THX certified 5.1 surround speakers on a Creative Xi-FI. The EAX option is greyed out for me. How do I enable it please?Oh, Vista 64 in case that matters (not that it should for this problem).Cheers.Edit - Well it turned out I had just forgotten to enable The Witcher in Alchemy so I did that and I do have better sound now.I do need to point out, however, that since doing this, I've had one freeze and one crash. I had none prior. It would still seem that the game has issues with EAX.Cheers.

hey guys,I bought the whole enhanced addition game so i didnt need to download the new patches.I went through trouble shooting, my sound drivers are up to date.There is no sound whatsoever. I am not computer savvy and I have no idea what to do.My sound is: Realtek HD Audio Output.Windows XP.any help would be appriciated.thanks

Im using Windows Vista x64 Ultimate with an X-Fi Extrem Music ( latest drivers and alchemy version ) and when i enable EAX mode i dont get any sound.. can anyone share their alchemy settings for this game. thanks.

earl088 said:
Im using Windows Vista x64 Ultimate with an X-Fi Extrem Music ( latest drivers and alchemy version ) and when i enable EAX mode i dont get any sound.. can anyone share their alchemy settings for this game. thanks.
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0

THX guys for you help.But always no sound.I checked the installation like
1. Extracte TWEE_Upgrade.exe using this command line: TWEE_Upgrade /extract_all:D:\TWEE_Upgrade ( it will extract the files in this folder: D:\TWEE_Upgrade) or if it's not unpacking then use the Universal Extractor, get it from: http://legroom.net/software/uniextract2. Put the wanted language packs and adventures in the new folder that the unpacking process created, so that SETUP.EXE and the patch packs are in the same folder.3. Run SETUP.EXE.Authentication, installation and modification all should go ahead with no problems, modification will take some time though.
- same &§%$...So i must play with patch 1.3 or without any patches.I have no idea whats the problem, up to 1.3 all is good - with the new patch the game means it must play without sounds...Anything must be wrong, so the game find a place in the shelf.The publisher or the programmer has their money for that and all is good.Sh1t happens.The md5 check is correct.I dont rename both files.

LicaonKter said:
try the sound related fixes: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0
O M G - you are great! The older Soundfix fixed the problem!Big big THX!Problem solved! Woohooo!!!

Not much to contibute except --- PATCH IT AND FIX IT!!!!! Quit telling to save this, delete this, replace with this--the devs need to get off their darn couches and PATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dead: ]:-> :wall:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom