sound bug after bloody baron quest

+
sound bug after bloody baron quest

I did expierience a sound bug which is triggered after finishing the bloody baron quest when you rescued Anna.
The sound bug always appears when a save file is loaded post this quest. The sound bug is always the same, right after the loading screen when you enter the world the fighting theme plays and ends like if you had finished a fight. This always appears at any save file after the bloody Baron quest in Velen. E.g. when you save in Wyzima not.

This happend already at twice . Game was completely new installed on m new X1x. Happened already on my older games on my X1

Does anyone had the same issue and is there a workaround to fix this. As mentioned changing the maps doesnt help, as it only appears in Velen. Really annoys me...

I doubt there is a workaround aside from reloading a prior save (before the bug occurred) and playing through the end of the quest again.

By any chance, did you solve the quest the same way both times? Do you have a save you can use to try to solve it for a different outcome? I'm curious to see if it happens as part of a particular resolution. If not, how are you combating the fiend that attacks?

My off-the-wall guess: somehow, the game autosaved right at the end of a combat sequence during the quest. The flag for "combat music out" was still active, and somehow that overwrote the default musical condition in your save-state. Hence, every time you load, it plays the combat music resolution. (If I'm right...I'm taking a cookie, not a medal. If I'm wrong, it was only a cookie. :))

Hi,

​​​​​​Yes I did solve the quest same way. Actually you just need to go to the orphant village, fight some drowners and the Bies (not sure how this beast is called in English) followed by some cutscenes with the Baron, Tamara and Anna. There is another option for this quest. I will try to load an older save file, with the different story.

How I fighting the enemies? I would say standard, fast and heavy attacks, dodge, using quen and igni as well as oils.

You are most probably right somehow this fight triggers this combat music off and overwrote the default. It is really funny because it is repetitive. I played it now twice on this console same result. Save file right before the fighting in the orphant village in the swamp no bug, savefiles from the control point after the fight and the cutscenes there is the bug. And as mentioned on my former Xbox1 it also already happend but I did blame it on all the updating and old corrupted savefiles. But now new console, game installed new updated right to 1.60, no old savefile from the fromer console.

Maybe I will try to follow further quests maybe it gets overwriten again to normal state.

Its still happens on PS4 version. Im trying to avoid this bug with my right before return to crookback bog savefile. I dont know to avoid it and still trying. This bug happens everytime i finish the quest.
Post automatically merged:

Update: I did hours of tests game loads, even i made speedrun from start to test this quest.
There is no way to avoid this bug. Its exclusive to velen/novigrad btw. Its not happening in the white orchard.

Finally! I found a solution!!!

Test 1:
To avoid this bug, Load your save before return to crookback bog quest. At this point, dont reload your game or die. Complete Return to crookback bog then go and start pyres of novigrad. Follow thief to their hideout. Fight will begin, let them beat you and reaload last save. When you finished the fight. You can be sure bug is fixed

Test 2:
Only thing that helps is cutscene of the where you enter thief's hideout. You'll notice a combat music ending tune when the cutscene triggers. So you dont have to worry about dying or someting.

Last edited:
Its still happens on PS4 version. Im trying to avoid this bug with my right before return to crookback bog savefile. I dont know to avoid it and still trying. This bug happens everytime i finish the quest.

Update: I did hours of tests game loads, even i made speedrun from start to test this quest.
There is no way to avoid this bug. Its exclusive to velen/novigrad btw. Its not happening in the white orchard.

Finally! I found a solution!!!

Test 1:
To avoid this bug, Load your save before return to crookback bog quest. At this point, dont reload your game or die. Complete Return to crookback bog then go and start pyres of novigrad. Follow thief to their hideout. Fight will begin, let them beat you and reaload last save. When you finished the fight. You can be sure bug is fixed

Test 2:
Only thing that helps is cutscene of the where you enter thief's hideout. You'll notice a combat music ending tune when the cutscene triggers. So you dont have to worry about dying or someting.

Is the hideout you mentioned the secret entrance to the sewers by any chance? Just wondering if it's the same fix as mentioned for fixing audio in this thread https://www.gog.com/forum/the_witch...skellig_no_longer_playing_after_beginning_net. If so, starting the Pyres of Novigrad quest might not be required.

Thank you so much for discovering this!

Top Bottom