Sound Bug - Updated 02/06/08 with ingame sounds

+
Sound Bug - Updated 02/06/08 with ingame sounds

Hiya.** Updated : see last post below.Well, noticed that now (didn't happened in my previous games) :Each time I enter a new area in Act III (Swamps, Temple / Trade Quarter, can also be entering / exiting a house), there is some thunderbolt crack sound. (meaning, the sound coming usually with some lightning during storms ...). That one is huge (for the volume), and happens every time, storm or not, even by those rare sunny days.Intended ? Bugged ? If so, anyone else has this ? How to fix it ? It's very very annoying, specially when you play late at night, in order to not disturb neighbours, you set sound low... but that crack is so loud ... well. I used to play with audio helmet (ahem .. helmet ?) but when the crask happens first time, my ears got almost ripped off !

Well, now it also happens (but sometimes only) in Act IV. ... I tried to set FX Sound level lower, but that does'nt affect this sound. No other sound settings neither. Uhm ...

Updated with ingame sounds !I recorded quickly what happens exactly, so if any Dev could go on the page to listen to it ... Beware, it's really loud, so myabe you should lower your speakers volume. It's in a famous flash player for sound, just click play, fast loading ...Recorded when exiting from Temple Quarter Swamps (Act II). I left some of the dialog that occured next - in french, sorry - ) so yo can here the difference between "normal" volume and that ... hell of a sound, really hurts my ears :dead:

I had exactly the same bug. Someone suggested that it happens after you get struck by a lightning after activating the three pylons in the fight with the golem. Unfortunately, unless you want to revert to an earlier save, you're stuck with this bug for the rest of the game.

So, seems to be the cause, yes. In my current game, I've been hit by one of these lightnings when activating .. Well... May I ask to Devs : Do something please ?I can't play with sound volume so low I can't hear a damn thing, except when that bug occurs and awake the whole building !Meanwhile, gonna revert to my Act II first save, from the dungeon. Not pleased to do so, and will try save just before the Golem fight .. in case I'm hitted again.

Speaking of sound bugs, I'm not even sure if this is a bug or not, but I have to ask out of curiosity.If you enter into a new area and it requires a break for loading, right as the new area starts loading, does anyone else hear a rather loud noise that is almost like a "dragging"? It happens real quick, like the turn of a page, but the closest thing I can think to compare it to is if someone took a needle from a turntable and dragged it across a record. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? It happens every damn time I enter a new area and the game has to load.If this isn't a bug, what the hell is the point of that noise? What is that "sound effect" supposed to be? It's not like it's a big deal, but I picked this game up the day it was released in the US, and I have been wondering what that noise is supposed to be from day one...The only problem I have is that it can tend to be a little loud through the sub on my 5.1 speakers.

I have the bug too, but strangely my 'thunder' is not nearly as defined as (CDC)MAD's I just get kind of a whooshy BOOM-TIC! when i zone to a new area. And in my game i had the problem before ACT III's golem fight.

@JeffersonJones: i think that the usual "new area loaded" soundthere is a mod tha fixes that: Silence is Golden@[CPC]Mad: maybe you can unpack and each for that sound in the bifs, maybe the mod creator can help you out

LicaonKter said:
@JeffersonJones: i think that the usual "new area loaded" soundthere is a mod tha fixes that: Silence is Golden@[CPC]Mad: maybe you can unpack and each for that sound in the bifs, maybe the mod creator can help you out
Oh, look at that. I'm assuming that what I described above is the same thing, and that is what this will address. Sweet, thanks, I'm going to give this a shot!

LicaonKter said:
Awesome, thanks Licaon Kter - The effect doesn't sound very deliberate, I never would've guessed it was a feature.

Well, I didn't want to unpack the sounds and spend hours to identify the correct one, so I just restarted the 2nd Act (Yup, I had a save at the beginning, in jail), and now, I've been carefully when killing golem .. Not hitted by any thunder strikes, so that bug isn't "on" anymore.

Slicer77 said:
I dont have that sound, bklipple. Never heard of it either.
Meh... I'm going to give this patch a try though... I'm thinking it might be the same thing. We shall see... :-\

Top Bottom