Sound Issues - Can't hear dialogue

+
Hi

Sometimes dialogue sound seems to be incredibly low or non existent.

Googling it suggest it's something to do with me having Realtek HD Audio on 5.1 surround speakers and surround sound not playing well with the Witcher 3.

I've tried everything suggested, but I still can't the sound to work correctly. The odd thing is this is a reinstall. I bought the game at release and played through with no sound issues at all on the same hardware.

Changing the sound settings of your sound card to normal stereo sound might do the trick.

Hi,

I am having the same problem. Tried everything and the sound is painfully low. I cannot use my speakers while playing the game, they are now loud enough to be audible even at full volume. I have been using headphones and complete silence to be able to play. Need Help!

Hi,

I am having the same problem. Tried everything and the sound is painfully low. I cannot use my speakers while playing the game, they are now loud enough to be audible even at full volume. I have been using headphones and complete silence to be able to play. Need Help!

Without knowing anything about your sound devices (also, what headphones are we talking about?), it's a bit difficult to tell you much, other than what was said above. When you say that you have tried everything, what exactly did you already try?

Other than that, it sometimes helps to search the internet for similar issues with similar devices (doesn't have to be related to TW3). You can also check out the information from Microsoft regarding sound issues:

Without knowing anything about your sound devices (also, what headphones are we talking about?), it's a bit difficult to tell you much, other than what was said above. When you say that you have tried everything, what exactly did you already try?

Other than that, it sometimes helps to search the internet for similar issues with similar devices (doesn't have to be related to TW3). You can also check out the information from Microsoft regarding sound issues:
Hi,

Here is the details of my device :

DELL Inspiron 15 7000 series laptop. Realtek Audio, and there is another audio enhancement application called waves maxx audio installed by them OEM.

The volume is low in all of the scenarios listed below ( have tried all of these ) :

1. Laptop's inbuilt speakers (which is a 2.1 setup and quite loud for laptop speakers)
2. Laptop connected to Sony Bravia TV through HDMI and audio routed through HDMI to TV's speakers.
3. Using Headphones ( Sony Headphones that connect to the laptop though a 3.5 mm jack) .

In all of these scenarios the game seems to be having problem with audio volume( which is very low). No other application/game on my laptop faces this issue, so my guess is some issue with the game?
Post automatically merged:

Thank you for the link to Microsoft's help article. I have already tried these, with no luck. :)

Maybe also check out this:

Besides, I'd try disabling or - if possible - uninstalling waves maxx audio (you can also try experimenting with the settings first... but no idea, if that solves anything).

I also thought of removing Waves Maxx audio, but it looks like it is embedded in the OS by DELL. ( disabling it doesn't work. Makes the volume even lower.

I couldn't find an option to uninstall it in 'Add or Remove Programs' in Control Panel or 'Apps and Features' in Windows Settings(doesn't show up in the list at both these places).

Could it be possible to guide me to a Tech Support email ID for CD Projekt Red directly? The support page is more like FAQ than support.
Post automatically merged:

I found a fix ( Somewhat) but I'm still at square Zero.

My Laptop ( Dell Inspiron 15 7567) has a 2.1 Speaker setup, and the subwoofer does not work without the Realtek Drivers.

Enabling 'Volume Equalization' under enhancements tab in audio settings works to fix the volume of Witcher 3 significantly.

But, the 'Enhancements' tab is not visible when Realtek drivers are installed. To view this setting, realtek drivers need to be uninstalled, which in turn causes the sub to stop working.

Now I am left with either of 2 choices :

1. Live with low volume of Witcher 3 while everything else works perfectly.
2. Witcher 3 works perfectly but my laptop's subwoofer will not work.

Can someone help me with editing the registry to enable volume equalisation, while keeping realtek drivers installed?

Thanks,
Anshuman

Last edited:
Support can be reached here:

But it sounds much more like a question for Dell support, to be honest.

I have no trouble hearing things, but this game does seem to have lower volume compared to other games. Fallout 4 and Skyrim, both Bethesda's games, also have volume that is lower than the average game. I've run Witcher 3 with two sound cards from Realtek and Creative and had the same observation. My Creative Sound BlasterX G6 has an earphone jack that amplifies sound BIGLY. Most games would sound really loud even at volume at 20 out of 100. But with Witcher 3, I have to set it to 80 or max to sound normal. I'm almost convinced this is an *artistic* choice more than anything. Short answer to all who suffer from this: this is normal, so just turn up the volume, nothing you can do. Long answer: the game designers decided what volume to record the audio in, and that is an artistic choice, and there is no magic number. Movies are the same way. Some movies sound loud, and some soft. The film director decides how loud it should be. And when it is released on disc, the audio engineers who make that disc, again, decide how loud that disc should be. Same thing with Youtube videos. Some videos are louder, some softer. It all depends on the person who handles the content at the time and what he or she "feels" is the right volume. It's all very inconsistent. But then, it is an inexact science, and there is no consensus on how loud a particular content should be. And I think that's why Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Skyrim, etc., all sound softer. Or do only open-world RPGs suffer from this? :)

You are going to get people who think the volume sound fine in these games. But that just sort of proves my point: it is an inexact science and it is more a SUBJECTIVE thing regarding how each and every person thinks how loud a particular content should be.

Top Bottom