Sound Issues

+
No sound from radio whether in the car, radios around the city, or at my house, no sound from tv. I tried to enter combat in several places, but no background music change. Only one piece of ambient music keeps playing with a few npc sounds in there. Haven't been able to enjoy the game after this issue. This is on pc btw
edit: afterlife and lizzies still have music playing in the background though

I have a fix for this but it might not for everyone. I am playing on PC.

Firstly, I had this issue after the side job called Spellbound. After finishing the job, I found that all radio music were gone no matter how I switched radio station on any vehcile. Even the radio in my apartment had no music or sound. Weirdly, I did hear a background music that was played all the time during which I had the radio issue. The music sounded like some loading screen music of the game. I tried reload other saves (I realised that I didn't have a "normal" save before this issue occurred.) and restart the game and my pc. I even tried go to the ending of the game and chose "One more gig" after the ending. Unfortunately there was no luck and it seems that all my saves that were "infected" by the bug still have the issue.

Then I tried something different. I went to complete Kerry's mission called "Boat Drinks" and after the mission, all the radio sound and music are back. So I guess this issue could be caused by some glitchy background music or sound which overrided the "track" of any radio sound and music. Finding a way to reset the "track" in the game should fix the issue, like doing some missions that have an "exclusive background music" during the mission.

Hope this method can help especially those who don't have a backup save that is not "infected" by this issue.

For those with almost inaudible npc, radio etc sounds, pumping up your crystallizer, surround and dialog enhancer settings to the max improves it a little. I can now hear car radios and random street noise but the quality is still off. This issue NEEDS to be included in the next patch.

Yes me too ... very annoying.
Only thing what helps turning off my headset and on again and hopefully crackling is gone for 10 more minutes :(

Iam very dissapointed about graphics and that crackling shit!

The quick ez fix is to turn the quality to cd instead of dvd but the loss of quality in this game which has great sound to me is quite significant. I actually ignore the crackling and play in dvd quality, but if it really annoys you, switch to cd quality.

i noticed that non-lethal stealth takedowns sometimes dont play any sound
the one with the knockout punch

Audio problems on ps4 pro, some times no audio at all, if i wait it comes back after loading the graphics and enviroment.
Sound some times crashes/freezes completely and gives me a very loud hum/buzzz and i need to restart my game, game freezes up and cant even get back to the settings screen or exit the game normally, need to close the app/game from the ps4 dashboard.

Game totally unresponsive.

Very importantly, please identify the platform you're using (PS4, PS5, XB1, XBX, PC Steam, PC GOG, etc.).

And also, be sure to send in reports to CDPR Support:

Please, read the appropriate FAQ section to the end, ensuring all suggestions have been followed. If the problems persist, you can use the "Contact Us" link to send in a ticket.

Be sure to include your system (including specs if on PC), a brief description of the issue, and the steps taken to reproduce it (if applicable).

I get weird sound stuff too, kinda. Some sounds appear to be flat-out missing. Especially during gunfights.

Anyone know of a fix on how to stop music volume setting to affect the car volume setting? This is on PC.

I would like to turn down music sound to like 20, but then it also reduces car radio volume to 20 even though the car radio volume is on 100.

Anyone know of a fix on how to stop music volume setting to affect the car volume setting? This is on PC.

I would like to turn down music sound to like 20, but then it also reduces car radio volume to 20 even though the car radio volume is on 100.
Not a fix that unlocks the car music from the general music volume, but you could try lowering SFX and dialogue volume instead:
90 master
45 sfx
60 dialogue
70 music
95 car music

Also lower the system sounds a bit:
Screasasasasasaäöläölpülpläölüenshot 2077.png

Hey guys, was going to see if anybody else has this weird sound bug when killing somebody, happens with any gun or blade. Sometimes it seems like it might be a target analysis bug because sometimes they don’t die. But it makes the noise regardless edit: I’m on PS4 by the way

Only issue that I have had is with sometimes voices have that holo call dissortion even if not in phone or getting stuck with that V/Johnny overlaping voice.

Hey guys, was going to see if anybody else has this weird sound bug when killing somebody, happens with any gun or blade. Sometimes it seems like it might be a target analysis bug because sometimes they don’t die. But it makes the noise regardless edit: I’m on PS4
Yes this is a known issue with the old gen consoles. You can see it in the IGN review too.
Patches for the console version have been announced and a fix might be on its way.

Playing with an iFi XDSD DAC results in overdriven ambient sound and dialogue, causing very frequent crackling. Turning Master volume almost all the way down does not help.

Playing with an iFi XDSD DAC results in overdriven ambient sound and dialogue, causing very frequent crackling. Turning Master volume almost all the way down does not help.

Try to choose a different sample rate.

[The higher you set the bit rate and sample rate, the more CPU power you need. CPU-intensive tasks or throttling can cause issues with these settings if set too high.]

Edit: Seems like some sample rates cause problems more likely than others, not sure why. On my system, setting it to 32bit 192KHz doesn't cause issues.

Also check settings of apps running in the background, like iTunes and Spotify.

The support site mentions Dolby Atmos. Didn't try it yet.

Last edited:
Just found a really weird bug. I'll try to discuss with as few spoilers as possible.
I just got down from the back of the pickup truck after Saul's speech, and went over to Dakota's arms bazaar.
I found this kid and his voice audio is going through my speakers, but the rest of the game's audio is going through my Bluetooth headphones.
Also this kid doesn't show up in photo mode.

System:
MSI GE72VR Apache Pro
Windows 10 home edition 64 bit, version 1909, OS Build 18363.1256
Intel i7 6700HQ
32GB RAM
NVidia GTX 1060M (driver version 460.89)

Audio:
Nahimic 2 version 2.5.35
Intel bluetooth driver version 20.100.0.4 (MSI board)
Headphones: Skullcandy Riff

Screenshot (90).png

Bug 1: [Crash/Freeze]

I've noticed a pattern of the bug that freezes the game, and that is the sound-issue. When you play the game long enough, the 'streaming' of the sound stops, and this freezes the game and it hangs. It seems there's an issue were the operating system cannot support the sound-files fast enough, or it can't find them at all.

Bug 2: [Continuing looping music]

Another issue with sound is that after a mission, the sound keeps looping. An example that can be reproduced without fault is during the mission were you play as Johnny Silverhand rescuing Alt Cunningham, as the battle-music should stop after the last NPC has been defeated before entering the chamber with Alt.

Top Bottom