Sound Issues

+
Guys i have found something. I actually experienced audio bug. No voice at all. I watched this video

Its actually a video about solving the same issue on a different game. I went into my setting and it worked!

Having a very similar issue on my end.

No music, besides the opening cinematic music, is playing at all for me. I didn't even realize there was main menu music until watching a video. There are empty sequences which feel like there should be music (and I checked, there should) and there isn't for me.

I only truly realized it upon reaching the tutorial for using guns, but the firing of the firearms is muted, and the reloading sound for the rifle is also not present (although the pistol does audibly reload). I can hear the impact of the bullets upon surfaces, and the empty casings hitting the ground, but no gunfire sound. So, whenever I fire at a faraway target, it's literally silent.

When testing out melee, there is no audible sound for impacts for anything. Nothing for gun melee or any other kind.
This awkward lack of gunfire and melee sounds as well as no music, only ambience, is really holding me back from playing any further until this gets fixed.

I've tried every solution listed so far in this forum to no result, as well as using GOG's verify game files twice now to get a 4GB download that does nothing. I even tried the fixes listed for audio crackling, and there hasn't been any change.
It isn't just tied to my headphones either, as I've tried using just my speakers and then another set of headphones, no change.
Post automatically merged:

So I appeared to have fixed the issue for the time being by actually initiating my third verify/repair. Apparently, the first one had done nothing although finished, and the second had failed.
After verifying the game files for the third time and entering my save in the tutorial, I can now hear the combat sounds that were missing. Can also hear music now.

So, if you're missing the same audio like me and you downloaded through GOG, keep trying to verify/repair. Worked eventually.

Last edited:
I can hear: Vs voice, story characters dialogue, my weapons sounds, some world element sounds random chatter etc.

I cannot hear: random NPC speak, enemy weapons, granades/explosions, no disco/radio music... world is very quiet and dead place.

Game version 1.03 GoG
Win10 64bit
Ryzen 5600x
MSI Tomahawk B550
Asus TUF RTX 3070
Game installed in drive C: SSD Samsung 970 EVo Plus M.2PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe
PC build last month, new parts and fresh windows 10 install.

Audio/video HDMI: RTX 3070 --> Pioneer VSX-934 7.1 Home Theater --> Samsung Qled 80T 49"
My HDMI are High Speed cables.

Already tried:
All 16-24bit 44khz-192khz audio range.
All speaker configurations from 2.0 stereo to 7.1 home theather.
Reinstalled NVIDA drivers and audio with DDU.
Reinstalled realtec-audio.
Reinstalled game/ verified files multiple times.
Deleted and tweaked game user files manually.
Tested all settings in game.
Tested some audio .dll files for windows that allegedly fixed same kind of problem for Witcher 3 back in the day.
Launched game without GoG galaxy.
And probalby another 101 different things.

I have spend over 16h trying to fix this.

Oh also in my game there are some T-pose NPCs and V is wearing underwear even if nudity is allowed.

Last edited:
Frequent audio stutter via Xbox one controller headset wirelessly.

It can happen in other games from time to time by a small amount, but this is the only one where it happens constantly and it's horrible. Based on that I assume it's an issue with the game. Latest controller firmware, not far away from the receiver etc.
Same thing if I use the controller via USB instead of the wireless receiver.

Using the same headphones via my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 it works great.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    95.8 KB · Views: 200
The cracking noise is very reminiscent of a audio buffer underrun. I have an RME Fireface UFX for audio production, so the sound of dropped buffers is very familiar, but I have never encountered this while gaming. I confirm that I also get crackling sound playback in Cyberpunk using this RME card at 44.1khz, 48khz and 96khz native sampling rates.

Yes, it does sound like buffer underruns, but I tried putting my MOTU M4 up as high as a 512 buffer size and that alone didn't help, but I DID find what I think might be the main thing that helps alleviate this "glitchy sound" audio problem.

First, though, if you *are* using an audio interface (such as music producers typically use), you probably DO want to set your buffer size up to 512. Why? Because the default Windows WASAPI audio driver's buffer size is 448 or somewhere around there (by default), so that's probably the buffer size that the CDPR developers were working against. (Us music producers often run with much smaller buffer sizes by default.)

Okay so what seemed to REALLY fix the problem for me, on my system, was right-clicking the Volume control icon in your system tray, then going into Spatial Sound (Windows Sonic for Headphones), and changing that value from Off to instead be Windows Sonic for Headphones.

Don't ask me why this works, but it did for me. I got that clue from the other SteamAH troubleshooting link that somebody posted above. They're making heavy use of spatial sound positioning in this game (it's obvious if you start as a Street Kid, from the very first bar that you start out in). So because of that spatialization, it's probably very important that you are somehow using 7.1 sound spatialization when playing Cyberpunk.

So to recap:

1. (IF you are using an external USB audio interface) Make sure the buffer size is set to 512.
  2. Right-click the Volume icon in your system tray and enable Spatial Sound > Windows Sonic for Headphones.
Yes, even though it says "for headphones", you need this even if you're listening through speakers.

FWIW, my system specs are:

i9 9900K, 64 GB RAM, GTX 2070, external audio interface MOTU M4, game platform STEAM

I have a workaround for the missing dialogue/gunshots/music issue. Download VB Voicemeeter for free and set up the software like so,
1607703211975.png

substitute Akei EIE Pro Audio/Akai EIE Pro ASIO Driver for your sound device. (Hardware Out is the A1 box)
Click the menu and check hook Kook Volume Keys (For Level output A1) so that your volume keys will work. Run Voicemeeter alongside the game and hopefully the sound should be normal. Works for me anyway. If you hear clipping maybe try lowering virtual input gain.
This fix was originally suggested for issues with the Windows Store version of Forza Horizon 4 (which STILL haven't been fixed). I remember the original fix advised to download Virtual Cable from the same site, however I've found that the fix works without it. Maybe worth trying if it doesn't work for you.

The buffer size option in your MOTU control panel is for ASIO only though? At least thats the case for me in RME's control panel. I'm not aware of any games that use ASIO so changing this should have no effect. WASAPI and ASIO are capable of similar low latency performance these days. WASAPI is designed as a standard however, whereas ASIO drivers tend to be proprietary and are designed for specific hardware.

If the software uses WASAPI then the application may or may not allow users to change DMA buffer sizem though doing so can dramatically affect latency and create problems like buffer underruns where users use tiny buffers at very high sampling rates.

It doesn't take much latency for the sound of shooting a gun in a first person shooter game to start disconnecting from the firing animation and the physical mouse input.

Last edited:
Hi,

I have a problem with my in-game sounds. At first everything seems to be working fine but after a while when I play the game sounds starting to disappear. Most noticeably footsteps and wire sound when you jacking into sth. I restart the game sounds work again, but after few seconds/minutes they disappear again.
Anyone else having issues like that?

I have a workaround for the missing dialogue/gunshots/music issue. Download VB Voicemeeter for free and set up the software like so,
View attachment 11076197
substitute Akei EIE Pro Audio/Akai EIE Pro ASIO Driver for your sound device. (Hardware Out is the A1 box)
Click the menu and check hook Kook Volume Keys (For Level output A1) so that your volume keys will work. Run Voicemeeter alongside the game and hopefully the sound should be normal. Works for me anyway. If you hear clipping maybe try lowering virtual input gain.
This fix was originally suggested for issues with the Windows Store version of Forza Horizon 4 (which STILL haven't been fixed). I remember the original fix advised to download Virtual Cable from the same site, however I've found that the fix works without it. Maybe worth trying if it doesn't work for you.

You are my hero. I use the Akai EIE Pro and I also have had similar issues with the Witcher 3, but I would not blame CDPR for it, but AKAI on this one haha. Anyway thanks for that! I can play Cyberpunk like a normal person now.

WORKED FOR ME:

Had the exact same issues: No music in Lizzy's Bar, no dialogue from NPC's.

The problem was fixed by NOT choosing "Continue" when I launched the game.

Instead, I manually loaded a savegame.

Instantly (on 2 different machines), everything worked.

Machine #1 is a desktop with a Soundblaster Recon3D -> "Continue" led to no music and missing dialogue sounds. Loading a savegame manually resulted in all sounds being present.

Machine #2 is a notebook with Realtek onboard -> "Continue" led to an instant crash, and game refused to re-load until a reboot (when this happened, it tipped me off that something was wrong with the "Continue" save loading).
Loading a savegame manually resulted in the game running fine and no crash.

Conclusion: DO NOT USE "CONTINUE" TO...CONTINUE.

INSTEAD, LOAD A SAVE MANUALLY.

YMMV as always...

Last edited:

Guest 4402625

View attachment 11076197

I tried this, radio sound came back but crackling audio became too loud I can't hear anything else, lowering virtual input didn't help also.
If I don't use this then tv has no sound and I can barely hear radio and other npcs.

I've done everything there is to troubleshoot this.
Sound works fine for everything but Cyberpunk 2077.
No sound at all.
Do not tell me to update my driver.
Do not tell me to set my sound quality lower.
Do not tell me any of the other options that will supposedly fix this, it won't.
And finally...
DO NOT SELL A GAME BEFORE IT IS READY FOR RELEASE!
FIX IT!

Same - no audio at all. Only one sound device on my machine. All other games and apps work fine. Zero audio from Cyberpunk.

Please help!

Same issue here, random crackling and can't hear random NPC speak (specifically, when interacting with F key), no disco/radio music at the club, etc.
Using Realtek ALC S1200A on-board audio of an ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) motherboard.
Driver is Realtek Audio Driver 6.0.8971.1, as provided on ASUS website for this motherboard. Windows 10 64-bit.

My current workaround is Breakaway Pipeline (freeware), basically a virtual audio driver, and you can use it to route audio to your actual audio driver. This, however does not solve the crackling issue, only solves the missing audio issue.
1) Install and restart Windows.
2) In Breakaway Pipeline Control Panel, check "Volume control" box and then click the "Set" button a bit below it, to be able to control the volume, naturally.
3) Go to Window's Sound panel -> Recording -> Line 1 (double-click) -> "Listen" tab.
Check "Listen to this device" and for "Playback through this device" choose your default audio output (usually labeled "Speakers" or "Headphones", but do NOT select "Line 1" or "Default Playback Device" here!).
4) Before launching the game, click the volume icon in your taskbar, then switch from "Speakers"/"Headphones" to "Line 1 (Breakaway Pipeline)", to set it as the active audio input.
5) Launch the game and enjoy, as much as it is currently possible...

Hope this helps someone.
It's kind of ridiculous that THIS is the kind of issues we have to deal with, given how common Realtek audio codecs are on PCs...

I use a G633 with the virtual dolby surround sound and it doesn't appear to do much having it on or off. The sound stage should be much bigger but it sounds like everything is right next to my ear. Also, everything behind the player is muted, I am at the boxing ring near player home and if I face the man on the weight machine I hear him but not the big TV the other way, as I turn the audio from the weight machine cuts out and the TV cuts in. The sounds only playing when you are facing them is super immersion breaking and just how the general sound doesn't seem right for dolby surround sound on my headset makes everything sound wrong, never had an issue in any other game i've played. Sounds only playing in your 180 degree direction is a big issue though.

I finally figured out how to change my sample rate on my Focusrite Solo Gen 2 audio Interface. If you cannot find this control panel: https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en...ate-of-bus-powered-2nd-Gen-Scarlett-interface

Navigate to C:\Program Files\FocusriteUSB\Focusrite Notifier.exe. This is assuming you have the Focusrite software for your device installed. From there you should be able to follow the instructions in the link.

I got a few consecutive hours with 0 clipping or crackle today, so I think it worked.

Top Bottom