Sound Issues

+
I finally figured out how to change my sample rate on my Focusrite Solo Gen 2 audio Interface. If you cannot find this control panel: https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en...ate-of-bus-powered-2nd-Gen-Scarlett-interface

Navigate to C:\Program Files\FocusriteUSB\Focusrite Notifier.exe. This is assuming you have the Focusrite software for your device installed. From there you should be able to follow the instructions in the link.

I got a few consecutive hours with 0 clipping or crackle today, so I think it worked.

Did you try out different buffer sizes ? I think with a bigger buffer size you're able to use higher sample rates. (bigger buffer size increases the sound latency)
Post automatically merged:

sounds were stuttering on default 44100Hz on my audio device, got much better after setting it to 48000, you can set that in yer sound device properties:
I'm using 24bi 48KHz too. No issues so far.
It would be nice to know which sample rate, bit depth and buffer size the game prefers tho.

EDIT: currently at 32bit 96KHz. Sounds pretty good! Very dynamic and so far I didn't encounter any digital distortion.

Last edited:
What are you talking about? There was no aggression in my reply, I tried to be helpful. Maybe you're just pissed off and see aggression everywhere, but I had no other intentions than to help you with the problem.
No aggression? Help with the problem? You literally attacked that guy, saying "he obviously has no idea what he's talking about," to paraphrase. After you insulted his intellect you jumped on the opportunity to elevate your own. Now, you claim he is in the wrong. That sucks, I hope you don't do that in real life.

Well start with getting rid of VoiceMeeter Banana. It's hardly a solution and it degrades sound quality by a lot (I tried).
Clearly you don't know much about the topic as you can't even identify your audio codec, and you're mentioning K-Lite Mega Codec Pack when I refer to an audio codec, which is completely irrelevant. An audio codec is an integrated audio chip on your motherboard. For example, my ASUS motherboard has a Realtek ALC S1200A audio codec (a cut-down version of ALC1220). Other popular codecs are ALC887, ALC892, ALC1200, ALC1220, etc.
As an experiment:
1) Uninstall your Realtek HD Audio drivers from Control Panel or Settings.
2) Restart the PC
3) Verify that your sound device is now identified as "High Definition Audio Device" (Microsoft's generic HD audio driver)
4) Right-click the volume icon in the taskbar, then "Sounds", then "Playback" tab, double-click "Speakers", then "Enhancements" tab.
5)
a. If "Disable all enhancements" is checked: uncheck it and restart the PC, then run the game and check if the sound is fixed.
b. If "Disable all enhancements" is not checked, just try to run the game and check if the sound is fixed.

You need to read ALL the posts here. This is redundant information that has already been posted by other members. Useless
[...]

FYI guys, along with my own audio issue, the modification of the advanced default format (CD, DVD, Studio quality and Hz) isn't accessible. I thought it was just for my own headphones that the option to select other formats was grayed out (disabled), but reading on other forums, other users have this same issue too.

Nonetheless, I have made this change to my Realtek driver, and the problem persists. I haven't even noticed any change to the audio when doing this. I can say this, I hear this cracking the most when you can hear the automobiles and/or planes in the background. The sound seems to come in and out--almost similar to a "crackling" sound or static.

Last edited by a moderator:
No aggression? Help with the problem? You literally attacked that guy, saying "he obviously has no idea what he's talking about," to paraphrase. After you insulted his intellect you jumped on the opportunity to elevate your own. Now, you claim he is in the wrong. That sucks, I hope you don't do that in real life.
The hell are you guys talking about? The guy said himself: "I don't have much knowledge about Audio Codecs", I just confirmed that. You all people need to chill. No need to get all offended for him, he can speak for himself. Jeez.

[...]

Well.....could we get back to the Sound Problem(s)?
So, i tried to install the Realtek Audio Manager (seems thats how the control thing called, when not downloaded
through the Ms store) but it always get me an error message.
I don't know why, but the only Drivers i can install seem to be the MSI Motherboard Drivers i installed already.
They are up to date and work for everything else.
Is there any other way/monitor or Control Tool which could get you/me the Infos we need to try to solve this Problem
@ Igor?

Hi Igor,

i have Windows 10, but uninstalled everything i don't need/want(also i unsinstalled Edge via Powershell Command).
Hmm, so i have to install Microsoft Store to get the Realtek Control thingie? Is there no other installer to get this?

After looking at this video, it seems that even if you manage to get Realtek Audio Control for your MSI motherboard, you won't have the option that's needed to fix the game. The "Disable All Sound Effects" option.

What you should be doing instead is uninstalling this audio driver that you got from MSI, which is a UDA driver, and installing a HDA driver. First, make sure you uninstall anything that is Realtek sound-related.

Follow the instructions here to find out which HDA driver you need (Detect HDA driver manually): https://www.tenforums.com/sound-audio/125936-determine-hda-realtek-driver-needed-your-audio.html
Note that in your Device Manager, your audio device will not be called "Realtek..." because you uninstalled the UDA driver. It will be called "High Definition Audio Device".

If, like me, what you have is just the generic one (FF00), then you can get the latest one here: https://www.tenforums.com/sound-audio/135259-latest-realtek-hd-audio-driver-version-2-a.html

I suggest you bookmark those links. Realtek Audio Control is not compatible with a HDA driver, but that doesn't matter, we don't need it. With a HDA driver, you'll have a new tab in your Windows sound options, the "Enhancements" tab.

Right-click the speaker icon in your system tray, click on "Sounds". In the "Playback" tab, double-click the audio device that you're using to play the game. In the "Enhancements" tab, uncheck "Disable All Sound Effects". Now you have to restart your computer, otherwise it won't take effect. Launch the game and the sound should be fixed. Good luck!

Last edited:
So, i tried to install the Realtek Audio Manager (seems thats how the control thing called, when not downloaded
I don't know why, but the only Drivers i can install seem to be the MSI Motherboard Drivers i installed already.
Is there any other way/monitor or Control Tool which could get you/me the Infos we need to try to solve this Problem
@ Igor?
There is a way using the PowerShell, but would have to find the Appx/AppxBundle file for it. Will get back to you on it later, 2AM here.

After looking at this video, it seems that even if you manage to get Realtek Audio Control for your MSI motherboard, you won't have the option that's needed to fix the game. The "Disable All Sound Effects" option.

What you should be doing instead is uninstalling this audio driver that you got from MSI, which is a UDA driver, and installing a HDA driver. First, make sure you uninstall anything that is Realtek sound-related.

Follow the instructions here to find out which HDA driver you need: https://www.tenforums.com/sound-audio/125936-determine-hda-realtek-driver-needed-your-audio.html

If, like me, what you have is just the generic one (FF00), then you can get the latest one here: https://www.tenforums.com/sound-audio/135259-latest-realtek-hd-audio-driver-version-2-a.html

I suggest you bookmark those links. Realtek Audio Control is not compatible with a HDA driver, but that doesn't matter, we don't need it. With a HDA driver, you'll have a new tab in your Windows sound options, the "Enhancements" tab.

Right-click the speaker icon in your system tray, click on "Sounds". In the "Playback" tab, double-click the audio device that you're using to play the game. In the "Enhancements" tab, uncheck "Disable All Sound Effects". Now you have to restart your computer, otherwise it won't take effect. Launch the game and the sound should be fixed. Good luck!
That really depends whether his particular codec implementation actually has any proprietary effects to disable (i.e. mine has DTS Custom), else the toggle is hidden. So if he doesn't have the toggle, the legacy HDA driver might be the only option here (or the generic Microsoft driver, although might not work for some).
Would rather hear an official response from CDPR regarding this...

I've been having issues with (I think) my surround sound. When audio is to my left, my right ear is practically deaf and vice-versa. Can't hear stuff behind me. when I turn my head while listening to someone, there is no transition. it just jumps from left to right. Been having these issues since release. I have a Logitech G933 headset and use 7.1 surround. I have read that that might also cause some issues? Not entirely sure though... Last hotfix (1.05) fixed nothing for me unfortunately.. Any clues?? have sent a report to CDPR but I doubt that I'll get a response. Also worth noting that i have had this headset for around 2 years, and this is the first time I'm having these kinds of issues. I've also perused several threads on e.g. reddit and steam, that discuss the same issue but with no solutions.

That really depends whether his particular codec implementation actually has any proprietary effects to disable (i.e. mine has DTS Custom), else the toggle is hidden. So if he doesn't have the toggle, the legacy HDA driver might be the only option here (or the generic Microsoft driver, although might not work for some).
Would rather hear an official response from CDPR regarding this...

Where did you get your Realtek Audio Control from? Did it come packaged with your driver download from ASUS or did you get it from the Microsoft Store?

Noticed that sound is not loud at all on PC. I have sound maxed in settings, my speakers turned all the way up and even using headphones the sound is not loud. Also, another glitch I found was when Jackie is in car and is handing you the chip from his head. It worked the first time but I replayed the scene twice and it turned into a gun he was giving you not the chip.

No radio music in game, no shoot sound of enemies, some NPC sentences have no sound, but if i use scanner - dialogs plays. And most strange thing: if i stream game in window mode in Discord, people who watch stream hear radio music and NPC shoot. But if i record video - radio music is not play. I just can't image how it's technically possible.

Hardware:
CPU - AMD FX 8530
Motherboard - Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 R2
Video - GeForce 1060 GTX 6 GB
RAM: DDR3 24 GB

Last edited:
Same here, I broke a window just now, no sound at all. Often when I get shot there are no associated sounds...

Missing voice, sometimes voice playing twice over each other.

This game is so unenjoyable I am struggling to keep playing. All the visual, physics and other bugs are one thing but then you add sound issues on top. I have never played a game that was this buggy and broken in my 30 years of gaming.

Same here, I broke a window just now, no sound at all. Often when I get shot there are no associated sounds...

Missing voice, sometimes voice playing twice over each other.

This game is so unenjoyable I am struggling to keep playing. All the visual, physics and other bugs are one thing but then you add sound issues on top. I have never played a game that was this buggy and broken in my 30 years of gaming.
Maybe try this:
  1. If you have installed the game on an HDD: Run defragmentation,
  2. If you hear distorted sounds while playing, check your audio device sample rate:
    1. Windows 10 settings: Sound Control Panel: Select Playback device: Properties: Advanced: Choose a sample rate that doesn't cause issues and sounds the best. (start at 32bit_96KHz, 24bit_48KHz, or 16bit_44.1KHz)

Has 1.05 patch fixed issues with not being able to hear random NPC chatter? The pre-release change log mentioned fixing sound issues, but the actual release notes did not mention sound/audio fixes at all...

@ Igor?
Where did you get your Realtek Audio Control from? Did it come packaged with your driver download from ASUS or did you get it from the Microsoft Store?
Can't say I remember, but I can still update it using AppX packages from Microsoft and the UI doesn't change (still has ASUS logos and everything).
I uploaded the AppX of the latest version here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-WJ0f9knyeQzAM57Qndrsy_jLksT631r/view
First go to Settings > Update & Security > For Developers, and ensure that either "Sideload apps" or "Developer mode" is selected there.
Then you just double-click it to install, if you haven't removed "App Installer" app, otherwise you can still install using PowerShell (run it as administrator):
Code:
Add-AppxPackage "<full path to the *.AppxBundle file>"

P.S. you can paste any app link from the Microsoft Store on this website to get direct links to the Appx/AppxBundle files: https://store.rg-adguard.net/

This worked for me, thank you!
Strange, for me it makes no difference whether I use "Continue" or manually load a saved game.
If Sound effects are disabled, those in-game sounds are missing either way.

Alright, let's try an experiment. I managed to control the sound effects without any UI. Already tested and it's working for me.

Preparation:
1) Open: Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers > Realtek(R) Audio.
Double-click to open the "Realtek(R) Audio Properties" dialog.
2) In "Details" tab, select "Children" in the drop-down box under "Property".
Copy to Notepad all UUIDs in fields with this pattern: SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.<UUID>
Note: Ignore fields with "{0.0.1.00000000}", we only care about the ones with "{0.0.0.00000000}".
An example:
If the field is: SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.{687c3265-4b21-44c9-a9ba-0ea033c18181}
Copy to Notepad the UUID part: {687c3265-4b21-44c9-a9ba-0ea033c18181}
In my case, I have 2 UUIDs: one is for "Speakers", the other is for "Realtek Digital Output".

Enabling Sound Effects:
1) Open "Start" menu, type "regedit" and click the first result, click "Yes" in the dialog.
2) Browse to: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices\Audio\Render
3) For each UUID you saved before, find it in the tree view (under "Render" node), and do the following:
- Double-click the node for the UUID to expand it.
- Select the "FxProperties" node under it.
- In the right panel, find and double-click a value called "{1da5d803-d492-4edd-8c23-e0c0ffee7f0e},5".
- If the "Value data" is set to "1", change it to "0" and click OK.
4) Restart the PC.

This enabled the sound effects and fixed the sound issue without using any UI to toggle them.

Last edited:
I am still having this issue with crackling audio. I cannot change my sample rate with this headset so that is not a solution for me. Please patch this for us CD Projekt Red.

From very start I had audio popping. I am playing on pc and was using my Xbox Wireless Adapter with my Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2 headphones. The only way I could resolve it was by using wired headphones plugged into the audio port on my PC.

Top Bottom