Sound Issues

+
Also this kid doesn't show up in photo.

View attachment 11144411
Might be intended that kids are not included in the photomode.

Regarding the audio bug: Did you try disabling audio devices in the windows settings?
I got the audio part of my wireless controller disabled because windows constantly decided to use it as the default communication device, resulting in no audio.

I have an audio bug in the "Won't fade away" mission where you have to rescue Alt. When Johnny starts a concert right in front of the Arasaka HQ that guitar riff just loops, loops, and loops and would not go away until after the entire mission is done (ie you wake up from the bathtub of ice). It was annoying for sure.

I fixed it by reloading the autosave when you're inside Arasaka HQ.

I have a problem with sound , my Razer Electra v2 plugged in the Xbox One controller have sound issues , i don't know this is happening only with me or with other people too , but when i use the sound at this mode i have a hard issue the sound is stuttering , i used several others configs to solve but nothing really solved it . I play on PC GOG.

Was playing yesterday on PC, as Johnny Silverhand (Keanu Reeves), when he was storming a corp tower. His rock music carried on through all the other cut scenes, I couldn't save and any point and restart to get rid of it. I had to wait through that obnoxious rock music on repeat, it was that loud I could barely hear the story with Alt Cunningham. I had to manually in settings, just so I could concentrate on the story.

I noticed something was wrong when 'Rogue', Johnny Silverhand's friend kept butting out other dialogue with her annoying "Wasting my time", "Pick it up" especially when Johnny was explaining the reasoning behind Alt Cunningham. Which I only heard half of. Thanks Rogue. So far, sound has been a pain. Not that it's a big deal either, when talking with Judy up close in the car, she was basically dead pan, no lips moving and still talking.

I still think it could be worse.

Have any of you tried disabling amd high def audio device (or nvidia) from device manager > sound devices?
I was having audio fuckups; out of nowhere loops, pops, sometimes totally missing queues and decided to disable ALL devices except the one I am using. That solved all the problems above and I realized I was missing probably more than half of game world audio. Now it sounds like what it should in the first place.
It might be just me but this needs further investigation, whoever is reading out there can you test and report back if it worked or not please?

EDIT: also, disable the obsolete devices in sound control panel. I have disabled speakers, other outputs etc and left only spdif output (using receiver). Just left the output that I actually use, disabled others.

My sound is still fucking bugged. 7.1 surround, Logitech G933 headset. Cant hear shit behind me, if audio comes from my left my right ear is practically deaf and vice versa. audio quality is simply fucked.

Not even so much as a reply so far...

My sound is still fucking bugged. 7.1 surround, Logitech G933 headset. Cant hear shit behind me, if audio comes from my left my right ear is practically deaf and vice versa. audio quality is simply fucked.

Not even so much as a reply so far...
well why not just switch to stereo and leave enhancements off, that solved audio issues for me. 7.1 "surround" on headphone is just a marketing thing, meaningless. Game's own sound processing system (even stereo) is one of the best. At least you wouldn't miss sound from directions and enjoy the game.

Can confirm that sound issues are still here, I still have that issue where radio volume and NPC talks are incredibly low while rest of the game is completely normal. None of the fixes worked for me, disabling loudness equalization included.
Wonder why CDPR still takes it's time to fix something as major as sound issue but fix some minor bugs in quests lmao.

Totentanz sound issue: issue fixed after ps4 restart, relaunch and reload. test the car radio before going in (it did glitch before).

Last edited:
Can confirm that sound issues are still here, I still have that issue where radio volume and NPC talks are incredibly low while rest of the game is completely normal. None of the fixes worked for me, disabling loudness equalization included.
Wonder why CDPR still takes it's time to fix something as major as sound issue but fix some minor bugs in quests lmao.

same here ... think is time to stop playing this and move on. lost my eddies in this garbage

well why not just switch to stereo and leave enhancements off, that solved audio issues for me. 7.1 "surround" on headphone is just a marketing thing, meaningless. Game's own sound processing system (even stereo) is one of the best. At least you wouldn't miss sound from directions and enjoy the game.

Because if Idid that, the audio quality would drop significantly to the point where it is simply trash.

Also it doesn't fix the problem, it still persists.

-Footsteps audio disappears after running, you gotta reload the game or imagine you're a special kind of ninja.
-Mixed dialogues, you're answering a phonecall but Johnny or another NPC suddenly talks.
-Scripted music will play even when the action/mission is finished, you must reload the game to overcome the bug.
-Claire from the Afterlife will talk to you even if you don't come close to her at all.

My problem is simple. Whenever I use the optical audio output on my PC, Cyberpunk 2077 winds up playing back audio filled with pops, clicks, stutters, and random noise. This issue happens with nothing else and has persisted since release of 1.1. (pain in the butt to test since It requires re-routing cables and such.

So I ve been playing on my Xbox and gathering footage from cp2077 for a video im working on and just noticed when im driving the music is on but in the recording it doesn't pick up. Disable copy righted music is off so I don't know what to do, I wasted a bunch of time trying to gather all my gameplay and this is going to be a real let down if i can't get it to work. and most was tied to me driving listening to music as if I were to do it in real life. But hey I might have lost over 100 hrs of gameplay

Footsteps dissapear on certain ground types, and a few other random sound glitches. Just started playing on PC.

I'm having problems with dialogues, not even johnny voice is played anymore, most of the world sounds work fine, but dialogues seems to stop working (playing on PC)

I have a different kind of noise problem. After doing the "Cuckoo's Nest" gig I have a background noise of someone being beaten going on constantly in the background, no matter where I am. I continued playing for an hour or so, it was still there; I closed the game and restarted it, the noise was still there. I have now bitten the bullet and gone back to a prior save and lost loads of game play time to get rid of it!

non-lethal takedown sometimes dont play any sound
seems only the happen with the knockout animation

For those with almost inaudible npc, radio etc sounds, pumping up your crystallizer, surround and dialog enhancer settings to the max improves it a little. I can now hear car radios and random street noise but the quality is still off. This issue NEEDS to be included in the next patch.
Try switching ALL audio enhancers off. Make sure 48000khz - 16bit selected at output and disable all other sound devices (nvidia/amd audio). That what really makes game sound works and it is beautiful when it works, you don't need no enhancer like srs crytalize etc.

Top Bottom