Sound Issues

+
48000khz[???] - 16bit
I've submitted a ticket at tech support and asked what sample rate / bit rate is recommended, no reply yet.
I think Dolby Atmos uses 24bit 48KHz, but I'm not sure.
16bit 44.1 KHz should work for everyone.

well why not just switch to stereo and leave enhancements off, that solved audio issues for me. 7.1 "surround" on headphone is just a marketing thing, meaningless. Game's own sound processing system (even stereo) is one of the best. At least you wouldn't miss sound from directions and enjoy the game.

I'm rocking a logitech g560 7.1 and I'm encountering the same issue, it doesn't matter if I switch to stereo or not (I've got the Spacial Sound greyed out as well) it makes no difference.

The only way to fix it is to completely uninstall the device and drivers and let Windows detect it as a Generic Sound Device and use it in stereo mode all together (which disables ALL the features).

It's silly.

Another problem I keep encountering, bare in mind it doesn't happen as I play, but after I exit the game and get back in the Radio and random NPC dialogue is all but cut out - not low volume - completely non existent, add to this sometimes other audio effects become non existent (like door sounds and footsteps).

The only way to fix this is to go from Studio Reference in the settings menu to Boost High and vice versa, this fix has worked every time if anyone has the same problem.

To reply both @exxxed and @DC9V ;
if you are using digital output to receiver, you should have dolby selected:
devprops.JPG

Normally windows makes this impossible, you need altered drivers. Make a search online for "enable dolby in windows 10 realtek patch" etc, you should find the modded drivers and resources.

If can't pm me and I send you the links. these forum moderators give warnings for everything, I don't want to get banned.

View attachment 11163812
Normally windows makes this impossible, you need altered drivers. Make a search online for "enable dolby in windows 10 realtek patch" etc, you should find the modded drivers and resources.

If can't pm me and I send you the links. these forum moderators give warnings for everything, I don't want to get banned.
I don't use the digital output.
You can enable Dolby Atmos for Headphones.

Last edited:
View attachment 11163812

Nah, mine have their own external sound card, it's connected through USB, I'm not using the Realtek.

I'm currently doing 'The Gift' quest and in the shop where I pick up the program the shopkeeper is speaking but there's no audio when she speaks.

Screenshot:
View attachment 11073170

I have the same error. All other sounds are OK-ish, but now I also had this error with River Ward.

All text options before meeting his CI he moves his lips but no sound comes out.

Ok I solved the persistent stuttering/crackling problem on my RME Fireface UFX by setting native sampling rate to 96khz. Every other sampling rate results in crackling.

I used to think this was a buffer underrun issue, which makes no sense now since if you underrun at 48khz, you should underrun twice as frequently by doubling the sample rate.

I now suspect this is a resampling problem, which explains why at 48khz, I experience changes in the length of recorded dialogue to the extent that lines get cutoff to make way for the next line to play. At 96khz, I longer get dialogue cutoffs now. This used to drive me up the walls because it really interrupted the story telling and actor's vocal delivery.

Last edited:
After 1.11 patch which made game look a lil bit uglier, but upped performance so now it runs pretty smoothly (~40-60fps) at low settings on my basic Legion y530 gaming laptop (i5, 8gb ram, gtx 1050, hdd), but since patch i've got pretty annoying audio bug with gig's from Regina Jones: totally missing audio on calls after gigs are done, and on intial calls I could hear only last 1-2 sentances at best of times.

hi just want add recently while in car with npcs mainly judy, panam, takemura they echo idk if that is something recent on steam version of just a random bug, also some clicking noise when doing hacking after i turn scanning off

hi just want add recently while in car with npcs mainly judy, panam, takemura they echo idk if that is something recent on steam version of just a random bug, also some clicking noise when doing hacking after i turn scanning off
The echo sounds like a bug. There shouldn't be echo in the car unless it's some sort of imaginary scene, like a braindance. It might be caused by low CPU performance though.

The clicking noises that you described could also be caused by a mismatch of sample rate between your sound device and the game, which is usually described as crackling noise.
You can adjust it here: Windows settings -> Sound settings -> Related Settings: Sound Control Panel -> disable all device that are not in use -> choose the sound device that you want to use (e.g. Speaker - Realtek Audio) -> right click: Properties -> Advanced -> disable "Allow apps to take exclusive control of this device" -> lower the sample rate until you don't hear noises. e.g. 24bit_48KHz (48000Hz) or 16bit_44,1 KHz (44000Hz)

The echo sounds like a bug. There shouldn't be echo in the car unless it's some sort of imaginary scene, like a braindance. It might be caused by low CPU performance though.

The clicking noises that you described could also be caused by a mismatch of sample rate between your sound device and the game, which is usually described as crackling noise.
You can adjust it here: Windows settings -> Sound settings -> Related Settings: Sound Control Panel -> disable all device that are not in use -> choose the sound device that you want to use (e.g. Speaker - Realtek Audio) -> right click: Properties -> Advanced -> disable "Allow apps to take exclusive control of this device" -> lower the sample rate until you don't hear noises. e.g. 24bit_48KHz (48000Hz) or 16bit_44,1 KHz (44000Hz)
my i got an alienware R8 cpu is pretty good its runs 3.6ghz (4ghz if overclock) so doubt that issue plus i have other games way more taxing then cyberpunk and no issue just something recent with last patch i think as for everything else i tried that did nothing, but then i am used both my headphone jack and my speakers got same issue. and drivers are up to date soo idk.

my i got an alienware R8 cpu is pretty good its runs 3.6ghz (4ghz if overclock) so doubt that issue plus i have other games way more taxing then cyberpunk and no issue just something recent with last patch i think as for everything else i tried that did nothing, but then i am used both my headphone jack and my speakers got same issue. and drivers are up to date soo idk.

Ok so your cpu isn't the issue.

Did you try to change the sample rate?

Did you try to uninstall and reinstall the drivers?

I've encountered visual/sound issues as well, but nothing terribly game-breaking, just immersion breaking.

My motorcycle temporarily had no engine noise, and fixers who called me also had no sound. Quitting and restarting the game fixed this. The visual issues occurred with a lot of in-game textures—billboards, screens, street paint (i.e., crosswalks)—all glitching out, but this eventually went away.

Only one game crash so far. Happened when riding through a dense part of NC at a high speed.

I've encountered visual/sound issues as well, but nothing terribly game-breaking, just immersion breaking.
My motorcycle temporarily had no engine noise, and fixers who called me also had no sound. Quitting and restarting the game fixed this. The visual issues occurred with a lot of in-game textures—billboards, screens, street paint (i.e., crosswalks)—all glitching out, but this eventually went away.
Only one game crash so far. Happened when riding through a dense part of NC at a high speed.
I'd like to know: have you tried (or: did you try?) to disable other sound devices, or to uninstall apps that also use the microphone, e.g. Discord?
And is CP installed on an ssd or hdd?

For PC folks:

After jumping through some serious hoops (like couldn't get the game to even start), I found my culprit was a program called Nahimic that came with either a Windows update or RealTek update. It is a pain in the butt to get rid of and lock down, but I have no audio issues and the game now actually launches.

If you are on oc than there is a mod on nexus mastering the audio. It's cool hearing the different radio stations playing in the background as you punk those hostile enemies of night city

Top Bottom