South Park RPG

+
South Park RPG

So! Who is waiting for this? I am :animier: Stick of truth was absolutely hilarious game, and this one looks promising too. I really hope this upcoming game takes a little longer to complete than Stick...

So! Who is waiting for this?

Aye, why not ! Stick of Truth was an unexpected surprise, and the show itself is as strong as ever, it almost seems like they've got a third wind after finally embracing computers the last few years...

Hope the Goth kids make it into this one... more coffee, cigs, and despair... perhaps as cultists for Cthulu vs Coon & Friends ;)

and I appreciated Butters comment near the end of that vid, referencing the sage advice:

Oh, there ARE other South Park fans too :) For a moment I thought I was the only one with a bad sense of humor :D

Stick Of Truth was absolutely hilarious! I just couldn't stop laughing. I don't know what to expect with this next one, but I hope it's even better. And I hope that they don't censore this game as foolishly as the previous one. Pc version wasn't censored, but consoles were. And what is the point of censoring, if game is 18+?

Has anyone any idea WHEN this game is coming out? This year?

Forum veteran
I also have a bad sense of humor, but I live in Colorado and can't help it. The in-jokes are just too irresistibly true, from Jay Cutler to Casa Bonita.

Has anyone any idea WHEN this game is coming out? This year?
Amazon lists it as December 30th, 2016, which is basically code for "no one knows the specific date yet, but the plan is that it'll release at some point this year."

I just hope there are fewer QTEs this time around.

Great, another South Park RPG :) Haven't even finished Stick of Truth yet but during those few hours of playing I couldn't stop laughing :) And it's in English which is really great since over here (Austria, also Germany) we get South Park only in German - and that's just not as funny, the voices don't match and you can even understand what Kenny's saying o_O I really need to finish this game...

i'm looking forward for this game.
First game was incredible good - with ridiculous censorship. God bless uncut patches....

Hope they will deliver the same quality with the next Game.

Great, another South Park RPG :) Haven't even finished Stick of Truth yet but during those few hours of playing I couldn't stop laughing :) And it's in English which is really great since over here (Austria, also Germany) we get South Park only in German - and that's just not as funny, the voices don't match and you can even understand what Kenny's saying o_O I really need to finish this game...

It's not a long game (under 20 hours), so go for it :D Few hours of hysterical laughter!

We'll see if they make more copies of this new one when it comes out. Stick Of Truth was (at least here) sold out three times when it came out. I had to extra wait that game several weeks before they could make more copies. And I had pre ordered it! Success was surprise to game makers :)

I know but I want to finish Witcher 3 first - that will take a while :) Stick of Truth won't disappear from my computer in the meantime :) Also, I'll have to start up a new game anyway because it's been a while since I last played it; I've forgotten most of the combat system and controls even though I know it wasn't that difficult. We'll see. Tomorrow and the day after tomorrow, I'll be roaming around Velen and Novigrad to advance Geralt's story. Other games just have to wait :)

I know but I want to finish Witcher 3 first - that will take a while :) Stick of Truth won't disappear from my computer in the meantime :) Also, I'll have to start up a new game anyway because it's been a while since I last played it; I've forgotten most of the combat system and controls even though I know it wasn't that difficult. We'll see. Tomorrow and the day after tomorrow, I'll be roaming around Velen and Novigrad to advance Geralt's story. Other games just have to wait :)

Oh, that is a very good reason to keep SoT on hold ;)

I also have a bad sense of humor, but I live in Colorado and can't help it. The in-jokes are just too irresistibly true, from Jay Cutler to Casa Bonita.

Shouldn't that be CoLoRaDo by now ? Who'd of thunk the worlds best contemporary satire would arise from the arse-end of nowhere way out in the sticks ;)

But I'm seriously.... as a native CoLoRaDoan, perhaps with your very own Yelp account, Batdad suit, and medical marijuana script, do you think its wrong - perhaps even dangerous - for a Yurpian like myself to get most of my working knowledge of your fine Country from South Park ? Could such influence lead to War with Canada? Or is it a fair representation, a snapshot of the eccentricities of a modern national psyche? And is it just me, or does anyone else think the overall narrative quality upped a few gears over the last few seasons, especially the last, which was tight as a gentrifiers ass, imo.

Och, but its ok if it turns out you guys are just a bit more nuts awesome than compatriots from the other more connected, fashionable, even sexier, states around... after all the ridiculous altitude you got there must exacerbate the endemic Cabin Fever from the horrible, crippling isolation, y'know... way out there in the shuck, with the cows ;)

Go Broncos !

Forum veteran
Shouldn't that be CoLoRaDo by now ?
That marginalizes colorblind people. Not very PC, brah.

do you think its wrong - perhaps even dangerous - for a Yurpian like myself to get most of my working knowledge of your fine Country from South Park ?
Of course it's not wrong. Even the most bizarre things you can take away from the show will be true of some part of the country. Mostly Florida.

Could such influence lead to War with Canada?
I hope so. Did you know there's a Canadian spy working as a moderator here on the forums? I consider such clandestine behavior to be tantamount to a declaration of war.

And is it just me, or does anyone else think the overall narrative quality upped a few gears over the last few seasons, especially the last, which was tight as a gentrifiers ass, imo.
Totally. The show used to be stupid for the sake of being stupid (not that there's anything wrong with that). Then it started using its stupidity to mirror and parody real-world stupidity, and it was suddenly a kind of transformative and/or cathartic stupidity, which turned out to be weirdly smart. The "Raising the Bar" episode even acknowledges the show's previous lowbrow exploits in a kind of mea culpa moment.

after all the ridiculous altitude you got there must exacerbate the endemic Cabin Fever from the horrible, crippling isolation, y'know... way out there in the shuck, with the cows ;)
Psh, altitude. Oxygen is for the weak. And don't knock cows—they're important tools we use to stave off the hippie infestation that spreads out to the rest of the state from Boulder. Eating a burger causes all hippies within a 3-mile radius to evaporate into dust, so without cows we'd all have dreadlocks and bongos and be on vegan diets. A fate worse than death.

But I'm seriously.... as a native CoLoRaDoan, perhaps with your very own Yelp account, Batdad suit, and medical marijuana script, do you think its wrong - perhaps even dangerous - for a Yurpian like myself to get most of my working knowledge of your fine Country from South Park ? Could such influence lead to War with Canada?

Nah, it can't be dangerous...

What an awesome trailer! :D Finally something new about this game.

I hope this really is coming on December and that they make enough copies this time when it gets released. Ah, what a nice christmas present to myself!

Yep, really nice.
I like how they make fun over marvel...Phase 3 civil war.. :lol:
Hope they kept that level.
instant purchase

But i hope this time without censorship..

Guest 3847602

"How could the person you trust do something like that to the only other person you love?" :rofl:

I'm hoping they haven't completely removed the Paper Mario style reactionary button pressing gameplay. It's not going to make me mad/sad if they have, especially if the new system actually turns out being more enjoyable, but I quite liked that aspect of Stick of Truth.
I just noticed that there was never a single button prompt in the combat segments, but it could just be an E3-specific thing, as they tend to do weird stuff for E3 presentations.

Seems like this time around combat will be a bit more tactical, rather than in Stick of Truth where it was more about timing. I feel like at the end of the day, even though I enjoyed that Paper Mario style gameplay, there's more opportunity to make something more challenging, thoughtful and tactical with a constantly moving and evolving battlefield like what they're doing. You could possibly even have fights that shift from room to room without having to stop/start combat.

Also extremely pleased with the angle they've gone for. I was wondering whether they were going to possibly pull a rehash of Cthulu from Season 13, or just make the boys fight something really powerful, but I'm glad they're not only taking the total piss out of the current state of Superhero movies, but pitting the boys against each other. I'm looking forward immensely to seeing how far it goes and where they take everything in general.

Really all they needed to do after Stick of Truth was ensure the next game had: More challenging & deeper combat, better class distinction/variation, and more general run-time and/or split paths (Think Witcher 2).
The impression I'm getting from the footage is that all of this is at least very much possible, or at least it doesn't look like they've majorly screwed anything up from SoT > TFBW, but we'll have to wait for something akin to the Giggling Donkey pre-release footage for TFBW to get a clearer idea.

Nevertheless, it's literally the only game shown at E3 that I know absolutely and 100% I'm buying the shit out of it day one, and considering the history of many licensed games, I'm still shocked I'm saying that about a South Park game.

Top Bottom