South Park RPG

+
Anyone know how long this game is going to be?

Just checked and it costs 62 euros here (basic version), so it's pretty much if game is as short as Stick Of Truth. I remember seeing somewhere that this is supposed to be longer and better than SoT, but who knows.

Well, I'm going to buy it anyways, but it would be nice to know :D

Is it April fools already? I think I'm not going to get Nosulus Rift, no matter how great it is :D Eating pea soup works just fine and doesn't cost that much... And takes care that no one interrupts your game :)

Is it April fools already? I think I'm not going to get Nosulus Rift, no matter how great it is :D Eating pea soup works just fine and doesn't cost that much... And takes care that no one interrupts your game :)

They do love taking the piss out of everything. That's we everyone likes them. :rofl:

Oh my... This one got delayed till the end of March :( And even more bad news. Apparently Fractured But Whole is going to be as short as Stick was. Because the game costs over 60 euros, it has to be good. I mean, really good. Otherwise this could easily feel like a robbery.

Well, Stick was really entertaining, so maybe this one is also worth it. Or maybe I'll have to wait a bit longer that the prize comes down. We'll see when the time comes.

Okay, time to wake up this old thread!

Just downloaded Fractured But Whole for PS4, since it seemed to be on sale :) Time for bad humor again! Anyone else who played this yet?

Guest 3847602

Sunsibar;n9980701 said:
Anyone else who played this yet?

Yeah, I've played it for 3-4 hours and just stopped. It's not bad by any means, just didn't grab my attention like the first one. Way too many fart jokes from what I could see.
I'll finish it eventually, gameplay is pretty fun when you get used to the new combat system.

ooodrin;n9981801 said:
Way too many fart jokes from what I could see.

Yeah, I guess there is some kind of limit even in bad jokes :) We'll see how it goes. I only managed to test it a little bit yesterday. Barely completed the first tutorial fights.

Guest 3847602

Sunsibar;n9985351 said:
Yeah, I guess there is some kind of limit even in bad jokes

I could tolerate some here and there (it's not like Stick of Truth was fart-free), but here it felt omnipresent in those first few hours (with tendency to get worse).
Early game spoilers:
Place you want to reach is obstructed? OK, fart on your follower, he'll take care of that.
That is too high and there is nothing to climb on to? Nothing to worry about, just use different follower this time and fart again.

Okay, after playing Fractured But Whole a bit more...

In general, I like the game. It's definitely a South Park game for people with bad sense of humor. However, I liked Stick Of Truth more (although I switched audio to German, and I'm not good at it yet, so I might be missing several amusing moments because of that), and there's definitely a bit too much fart/toilet humor in this game. I doubt that I will ever play this second time. It's a good one timer, though, if you happen to find it on sale :)

Combat is fun. It's simple and don't practically offer anything new or special, but I still like it. Even though it is turn based combat, one has to pay attention during enemy turns too. At the beginning, I always forgot that.

I also enjoy those tiny little puzzles and finding hidden goodies. As I do enjoy crafting and switching outfits.

And then the few major dislikes in this game:
- Toilet seat "minigames". This seems to be totally pointless, and to be honest, very stupid way of collecting exp. First few toilet seats are totally fine, but after a few more, it really gets boring. Really boring.
- Farts, farts everywhere. I can deal with exploding stuff with those, and even during the combat (where it kinda makes sense), but when you have to use farts for manipulating time outside of combat, or during Buddy Powers, that's too much for my taste. Specifically that Buddy Power part.
Estimated length of the game was around 8-10 hours, and I almost have 10 hours now, so we'll see how long it will take. I still have quests left to do. Although I have been wandering all around the map, back and forth, searching stuff and hidden goodies, so if someone is playing this second time, the game is most likely over much faster than what I'm playing now.

Finally completed Fractured But Whole.

The game took a bit over 20 hours to complete, which, I guess... was kinda positive (?) surprise. There is still some stuff left to do, but I don't think that I'm going to go back again for those.

Either I have grown too old, or the game seriously overdid some things, but it started to get really boring towards the end. It had some funny moments somewhere in between, but in the end I was only happy that the game is now over. I doubt that I will ever come back for this series if they are going to make more of these. The wacko and funny, even hilarious feeling that was there during and after The Stick Of Truth, is completely missing with this one.

I guess that's pretty much everything that I have to say at this point. That 8-10 hours would have been just enough for this :D 20 hours of pure and only fart humor was way too much for me.

Guest 3847602

Sunsibar;n10296152 said:
Either I have grown too old, or the game seriously overdid some things, but it started to get really boring towards the end. It had some funny moments somewhere in between, but in the end I was only happy that the game is now over. I doubt that I will ever come back for this series if they are going to make more of these. The wacko and funny, even hilarious feeling that was there during and after The Stick Of Truth, is completely missing with this one.

That bad? Oh well, thanks for the heads up and saving me the time.

Top Bottom