Sovereign Iconic shotgun's unique perks and damage

+
I've started noticing lately that when using the Iconic shotgun "Sovereign", one of my most played weapons on my different characters, the damage was quite pitiful and/or that something was off, and I cannot remember if that was the case in previous versions of the game.

As you may or may not know, Sovereign's unique perks is that it has reduced reload speed, significantly reduced spread, making it a very precise shotgun that has very long range compared to other shotguns, but also that if you aim with it, you will fire both rounds in one shot.

The implication of firing both rounds should be that you will deal double the damage in one shot, at the cost of having to reload immediately after. However, this is what I noticed does not work properly so I decided to take time to test it to make sure.

I've found these still, "sleeping" robots from the Gig: Guinea Pigs, to test the damage. Here is damage from a single shot, point blank:

Cyberpunk2077 2022-04-17 14-52-28.png

And here's the damage from firing both rounds by aiming. As you can see, the damage is similar, when I logically should be dealing around 2700 damage against this enemy if firing both rounds:
Cyberpunk2077 2022-04-17 14-52-33.png

Instead, the damage only varies slightly due to the individual pellet's critical hits. In fact, that means that firing both rounds can sometimes deal less damage than firing only one.
I've also tested this against human enemies to make sure and the damage differences are the same. Firing both rounds with Sovereign does not deal double damage, effectively making the mechanic completely useless and even detrimental.

There is something however that I cannot test and that I would need to know to make this relevant and worthy of a bug report: was Sovereign dealing double damage when aiming in previous versions of the game, such as 1.3? If yes, then that means that the mechanic was broken in later versions. If not, then the perk was always broken, or its description is misleading, or another unknown reason.

If you can test Sovereign on your game, or even test it on previous versions, it would be much appreciated.

Tested with and without any mods*

Last edited:
I just tried (Serie X, so no mods) and yep, the difference is not significant.
For me almost around 4K without aiming and 4.5-5K while aiming (on the same dude on the body).

Top Bottom